My ss is around 95mph and I can usually knock it 240-250ish. On occasion I'll muscle up past the 100+ mph zone to really poke it out there. I recently switched to the e5 and I'm loving it. The extra height on the drives is good for me and I like how it feels greenside. It plays very similar to the RX for the way I play the game.

theres a lot of long yardages for some high handicaps like me lol

Hitting the long ball doesn't mean you're going to fininsh the hole well.

My driver SS is 112-115 MPH the last time I was on the GG monitor. Driver carry was generally 280-295yds, which is about right.

Mine was 90 to 95 on the THP swing monitor last spring. Before that I had no idea. First few swings was in the middle 80s until we tried the R9 and the Launcher. Those were best for me.

On a related note, I am very curious on how people are measuring these? Launch monitor? Scorecard and how much is left to the green? This

As you know, scorecard and distance left to the green is not a good gauge for driver distance. It is even more problamatic when it is a dogleg.

While on the course, we sometimes use those gps devices that allow you to start where you tee off and stop the distance where your ball lands. While it is not precise to the exact inch, it is accurate enough for a general idea of your distance. But, off the course, I know what my general SS and distances are because I have spent significant time on monitors. Enough time to know the difference between my usual "Par 4 driver swing" and my "reach a Par 5 in 2 driver swing".

According to the sig, you are a fellow TP Blacker, are you not liking that ball?

I played the E6 for awhile, cant say anything bad about it, never tried the e5 though
I still have 2 dozen TP blacks. I'm wondering what the compression rate for the TP Black, Burner TP, and Z Star Yellows? I guess off to google. ;)

I actually liked all the balls mentioned above along with the E6. I haven't played a ball exclusively since I still have a bunch of them. I bought them a while back when they went on sale. I'm pretty set for golf balls for a while. LoL!

going back to the topic, you guys think the number I got from the launch monitor are decent? high 90's SS with 196 avg distance with the E5? with the E6, avg distance was 186.

Driver SS: 110-115
Carry: 250-260
Total: 270-280
Launch angle: ~14*
Spin: Off the charts! (~5500)

going back to the topic, you guys think the number I got from the launch monitor are decent? high 90's SS with 196 avg distance with the E5? with the E6, avg distance was 186.
No, those distances seem too low for your swing speed. They say 1mph in swing speed translates to about 3 yards in distance. If guys are getting 280 yds with 112 mph swings, a swing of 98 mph (14 mph slower) should produce about 42 less yards, or 238 yds. Of course those numbers are theoretical, and assume good launch conditions for a given swing speed.

I still have 2 dozen TP blacks. I'm wondering what the compression rate for the TP Black, Burner TP, and Z Star Yellows? I guess off to google. ;)

I actually liked all the balls mentioned above along with the E6. I haven't played a ball exclusively since I still have a bunch of them. I bought them a while back when they went on sale. I'm pretty set for golf balls for a while. LoL!

maybe we can trade! I have a box of srixon z star yellow im probably not going to hit

No, those distances seem too low for your swing speed. They say 1mph in swing speed translates to about 3 yards in distance. If guys are getting 280 yds with 112 mph swings, a swing of 98 mph (14 mph slower) should produce about 42 less yards, or 238 yds. Of course those numbers are theoretical, and assume good launch conditions for a given swing speed.
sounds good. honestly, at this time, I'd be very happy hitting 200-210 straight consistently. then, slowly get to 220-240 by end of season. :)

I don't buy the 1 mph = 3 yards. If I swing 100 mph, that theory means I should, hypothetically, hit it 300 which isn't plausible unless the fairway is cement.

My swing would be about 96 x 2.4 = 230 something

Tap before talk.

Tap before talk.

Im curious who says that? Even with perfect launch conditions, I am not sure you would get 300 yards out of 100 mph SS.

I don't buy the 1 mph = 3 yards. If I swing 100 mph, that theory means I should, hypothetically, hit it 300 which isn't plausible unless the fairway is cement.

My swing would be about 96 x 2.4 = 230 something

My thoughts as well.

Wow. I need to get on a monitor soon with my driver. I hit my driver well and get enough distance, but I don't think I'd be keeping up with most of these numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight from Bridgestones machine:

Head Speed: 118.8
Ball Speed: 171.2
Launch Angle: 9.2
Backspin: 3323 =(
Sidespin: -193
Carrry Distance: 283

This was with a 44" driver and a completely wrong shaft, can't wait to see these numbers with a properly fit driver.

My swing would be about 96 x 2.4 = 230 something.

I have read that the multiplier is 2.4 to 2.5 and the total is roll and carry combined. I know those numbers are max, most people average much less because of poor contact, poor swing mechanics on a particular swing & just in general trying to over swing and actually swinging slower instead of faster when they try. I know those things are true for me.

I have read that the multiplier is 2.4 to 2.5 and the total is roll and carry combined. I know those numbers are max, most people average much less because of poor contact, poor swing mechanics on a particular swing & just in general trying to over swing and actually swinging slower instead of faster when they try. I know those things are true for me.

I agree with every word. 2.5 would be my optimal multiplier while 2.3 is probably more like my average - I'd pay a lot of money to get it up to 3.0!

Tap before talk.

Your smash factor must be insane. 94-100 and I get about 240 carry.

Was measured at 97 at a Dicks Sporting Goods Store on a monitor. I usually hit the ball around 270 in Sacramento where conditions are dry and firm and around 240 back home on the coast.

even with just a 2.3, I'd be happy. I know I have to hit it flush and if I can get 210-225, that's fine by me right now. my main focus at the moment is to hit it straight anyway, being it's only our 2nd full season of golf. btw, I just learned about flying wedges. :)

+1. I can swing like the wind blows, but my impact conditions are FAR from perfect, so my distance nubmers are pretty average.

just had mine measured by bridgestone. Was getting a SS of 110 MPH with avg distance being about 275. Fitted for the E7. Going to try it out in a couple of days.

Back