That is my point exactly. Someone can make the case that it does work for them at their desires price point or at their desired level of effort. But I just think it is a stretch to say that this club, with all of it's adjustability, doesn't work for them. Like I said, it might not work quite as well for a few people as another driver or maybe it doesn't add up at the price point to get the shaft that does work. But there is no doubt that this is a fantastic driver!

If it suits your eye. If it doesn't, there is no doubt it isn't a fantastic driver. For many, if you stand over it and don't like it there is no amount of numbers that can translate to good results on the course. Lots of folks are trying to make a decision with a lot of subjectivity into a solely objective one. Can't do it, it is a mix of both. That mix is different for everyone I suspect.

Personally, I can't wait to hit one during my fitting. I love how they look. Hope the low spin head works for me and am dying to find out. I plan to try and narrow it down to 3-4 to try, but is proving hard to do.

That is my point exactly. Someone can make the case that it does work for them at their desires price point or at their desired level of effort. But I just think it is a stretch to say that this club, with all of it's adjustability, doesn't work for them. Like I said, it might not work quite as well for a few people as another driver or maybe it doesn't add up at the price point to get the shaft that does work. But there is no doubt that this is a fantastic driver!

I can't agree with you more...this is a fantastic driver. It has changed my game and recently shaved a few strokes off my game.
But I think the main point of getting fitted and trying numerous clubs like we all do, is to get the most optimal club for our game. Sure the R11 probably works for a huge percentage of people that game it or try it, but the question they need to ask themselves is, is this the most optimal club for them. My personal answer: YES it is!

I absolutely love my R-11, is it fitted to my swing, absolutely. Is it the best driver for my swing? Probably, but I have not tried them all. Having said that do I see any reason to change from the R-11, or even investigate other dirvers? No way, I have never enjoyed hitting a driver as much as I enjoy this one.

I have nothing against the R11 - I know it is a great driver that works great for many people. I have not had the benefit of hitting every shaft combo possible in it, but did try a few at a demo day. I don't like the white and I don't prefer the feel. Even if I found the perfect shaft combo for me in it I woulnd't enjoy looking at it even if I hit it 300 yards down the middle every time. I love my all-black, no alignment aid head on my Z-Star and love the shaft and hit it great. Can't imagine an all black R11 doing any better. I found what works for me, others do the same and get something different entirely. I can't stand the square headed clubs, but others find a lot of confidence in them. To each their own. :)

I am finally really consistent with the driver, 9064ls still, and I finally decided that I am going to get fit. I am going to get fit at golfsmith, there isn't anything else around really. What are some things I should look for in the fitting? Also, i am going to a Nike and PING demo Sunday. Anybody have recommendations for either of those brands to try?

I'd have to say the r11 because I own one, but if you take the r11 out of the picture I'd say the Razr Hawk, because it delivers power and consistency.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

I think the S3 might be the sleeper driver this year like the S2 was last year. The big difference is that the Fit on Max in the S2 produced some pretty sweet results in it while I believe the S3 starts to shine wth another shaft. Adding a DI-6 to it had it blattering my 910 around.

SF 2.0 gets a nod from me as well. Just as good as the SF 1.0 head and has the white that some like. The whole SF line from TM this year is pretty impressive actually

I think the S3 might be the sleeper driver this year like the S2 was last year. The big difference is that the Fit on Max in the S2 produced some pretty sweet results in it while I believe the S3 starts to shine wth another shaft. Adding a DI-6 to it had it blattering my 910 around.

SF 2.0 gets a nod from me as well. Just as good as the SF 1.0 head and has the white that some like. The whole SF line from TM this year is pretty impressive actually

+1 on the S3. With the Aldila RIP it beat all comers for me but with the C.Kua it's absolutely nuts. I'm talking sneeeeeaky cannon...and forgiving as heck for my misses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be awesome for someone to post a poll about what they think the best 2011 driver is. List as many drivers as possible and see what all the THP'ers think :D

I think your right about the S3. I love that driver.

Has anybody tried the f11? I am curious to hear how it performs and about the velocity slot technology. I am thinking about getting fit with the fast 10 also. Because it is similar to my 9064 that I have now, but launches higher and spins more.

The thing is a cannon. We just got one into the store last week. Its a boomer for sure. I would compare it to the g15, except longer.

Has anybody tried the f11? I am curious to hear how it performs and about the velocity slot technology. I am thinking about getting fit with the fast 10 also. Because it is similar to my 9064 that I have now, but launches higher and spins more.

Hey JB, I was wondering how the ProV1 can't fit someone? I am curious to how it could affect someone for the worse? I dont usually play them, unless I find them. I don't care for them but I dont know why.

I played both the ProV/ProVx for several years because I loved them around the green. As I have grown older, my swing speed has dropped to the lower 90's. ProV's simply are not made for someone with this swing speed. After being fit for the Bridgestone B330RX, I am dumbfounded by how I could have played the ProV for so long and not realized just how much distance I was giving up.

The gains for me have been huge with the B330RX. I have gained a minimum of 15 to 20 yards and some cases even more with this ball while loosing none of the spin I am use to around the green. Premium balls are without a doubt designed with specific swing speeds in mind, and it is clear to me that the ProV is not designed with my swing speed in mind.

The thing is a cannon. We just got one into the store last week. Its a boomer for sure. I would compare it to the g15, except longer.

Is the face deep? How does it compare to the fast 10? I wanted to get a nike driver since they're my favorite brand. But I really like how the adams drivers look. And they are similar to my current driver. Anybody have the vr pro or original vr str8-fit?

Is the face deep? How does it compare to the fast 10? I wanted to get a nike driver since they're my favorite brand. But I really like how the adams drivers look. And they are similar to my current driver. Anybody have the vr pro or original vr str8-fit?

I found it very much like the g15s shape if I remember correctly.

I wasn't a huge fan of the vr pro, the vr was better IMO. I know a few people who agree with me too.

I think I am going with the fast 10 just because it looks similar to the 9064. If I were to get a shaft fit for my swing in the 9064 would I get better distance than the same shaft in fast 10, since the 9064 is lower spin. It would hit the ground and roll more correct?

I might splurge on a driver fitting, when I bought the r9 last year it was stock right off the shelf and I havent done anything with it since. WOrst case I can at least improve the driver I have

Anybody have an idea how a low spin head with a high launch shaft would be? Or anybody who has done this?

The higher the shot, the less roll you get. If it does fall into the high launch category you won't be getting much roll low spin or not.

If you typically hit any sort of fade/slice, just learning to hit a straight or draw ball would help you with roll and distance.

I normally hit a little draw now. But I would like to raise my ball flight a little. Once I sell my dirt bike I'll have enough money to get fit for a shaft.

Back