What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I belong to the Oasis in Loveland Ohio. I'll have to search out this Ohio outing... I've been substantially MIA for a few months haha!

Cool I belong to Wildwood in Middletown, ths is my first and probably only year there, Ive played most of the public courses as well from Cincy to Dayton
I havent played Oasis, Ive heard its awesome though from my old boss that played therea while back

I sent you a PM about the outing

Cool I belong to Wildwood in Middletown, ths is my first and probably only year there, Ive played most of the public courses as well from Cincy to Dayton
I havent played Oasis, Ive heard its awesome though from my old boss that played therea while back

Yeah, I am insanely spoiled with how well the Oasis is maintained.. It gets a bit soggy when it rains, but the greens are lightning and it's green year round.. Hard to complain about that..

Why only year at Wildwood? I've never heard of it, but I've only really played a couple of couples outside the Oasis in the Cincinnati area.

Yeah, I am insanely spoiled with how well the Oasis is maintained.. It gets a bit soggy when it rains, but the greens are lightning and it's green year round.. Hard to complain about that..

Why only year at Wildwood? I've never heard of it, but I've only really played a couple of couples outside the Oasis in the Cincinnati area.

Cause I got in at 50% off this year.

Next year at full price, might not be worth it, and theres a good chance Im not going to be living down here much longer anyhow

Played 36 in 6 hours solo today. Beautiful weather, not a cloud in the sky. 75 degrees with a slight breeze.
Plugged and sanded greens. Speed all over the place from one green to the next.
First 18 shot an 88 with 36 putts. Not happy with that many putts.
Second 18 shot 86 with 31 putts. Much better. More 1 putts because I was chipping 'em up tight. Also had 2 birdies, one on a hole I've never birdied before, a tricky par 4.

Not a good weekend,only my putter saved me from posting monster numbers After 81/82 last weekend I went 88/89 this weekend.

Shot an 84 at Pine Needles in NC.

Spoiler
Simulator

I hit 8 fairways and 12 GIR's lol. We had the wind up too. 7-14 MPH haha. Maybe it is easier? Putting is the hardest thing on the sim and if NC greens are anything like it said, wow.

Great scores I'm seeing though. It just motivates me to get back out in the sun even more.

Played the Olde Course at Firewheel and hated it, it is a 'bunting' course with too many trees crowded in on almost every fairway and hazards placed where longer hitters are going to be landing tee shots. Shot an 87 with a jekyll and hyde performance, 49 on the front - 49!! - yikes - recovered to shoot a 38 on the back. Because this golf course has too darn many trees crowded just too close to the fairways on the front for my taste I was chipping out of the woods all day on the front or I was hitting 3 wood on the longer holes into bunkers that shouldn't have been in play off the tee. I did have two putts for par saves and one for a birdie on the front that would have helped my score a little but had the ball stop 1/2 an inch from the hole on each one. A little timid on the front with my putting. I figured it out on the back nine and started hitting hybrids and 4 irons off the tee except for 16. This golf course was built right before the changes in balls and equipment lengthened everyone's game and now it just doesn't fit. Someone needs to take a chain saw and cut some of the trees down and take down the tree limbs blocking the fairway from the back tee boxes.

RXGUS and I met up for a quick round at his home course: Sleepy Hollow. Love the name. The course was really nice - i loved some of the layouts. We walked as it was cartpath only - which was a great excercise with all the hills.

I have to say it was a really fun round. I have never played in wind that substantial. Ever. Weather report on the way up said 25 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 45 mph. Well i think they are wrong. Some gusts stopped us walking up the fairway dead in our tracks. Here is one pic i snapped where i thought the flagpole was going to take flight, ala Mary Poppins.
IMG_0960.jpg

We both had some good shots - and some very bad ones. I remember being 126 from the pin, a normal PW - into a 25 mph headwind, maybe more. I hit an 8 iron that i usually carry 140-150. I ended up 15 yards short in a greenside bunker, about 85% buried. It was the worst lie in a bunker i have ever seen. And it took me 2 to get out. I hit the first so hard i thought i might have injured my wrist lol.

overall, i had a lot of fun - loved getting around a new course, and with a top notch THP'er in RXGUS it made for a great sunday. Next time we'll have better conditions haha it CANT get any worse than that.

Played a muni in Monticello Georgia named Hunter Pope. I shot a 39/42, the back side is tougher than the front and it played that way today. I did make 1 birdie even though I was not putting particularly well today.

RXGUS and I met up for a quick round at his home course: Sleepy Hollow. Love the name. The course was really nice - i loved some of the layouts. We walked as it was cartpath only - which was a great excercise with all the hills.

I have to say it was a really fun round. I have never played in wind that substantial. Ever. Weather report on the way up said 25 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 45 mph. Well i think they are wrong. Some gusts stopped us walking up the fairway dead in our tracks. Here is one pic i snapped where i thought the flagpole was going to take flight, ala Mary Poppins.
IMG_0960.jpg

We both had some good shots - and some very bad ones. I remember being 126 from the pin, a normal PW - into a 25 mph headwind, maybe more. I hit an 8 iron that i usually carry 140-150. I ended up 15 yards short in a greenside bunker, about 85% buried. It was the worst lie in a bunker i have ever seen. And it took me 2 to get out. I hit the first so hard i thought i might have injured my wrist lol.

overall, i had a lot of fun - loved getting around a new course, and with a top notch THP'er in RXGUS it made for a great sunday. Next time we'll have better conditions haha it CANT get any worse than that.

no doubt that wind was NASTY, Ohio has been some windy this year, Ive played 9 rounds and 8 have had at least 15 mph wins, with most of them being well over 25 mps.

So for the time being I have no idea on the yardages for my clubs lol

First round of the season. Shot 43 for nine which came out at 27 stp.

My days of being a 30+ hcp are over! :)

played two rounds over the weekend, shot an 88 on saturday and 84 on sunday. Not my best rounds (esp Saturday) but it was nice to play golf both days this weekend. Saturday was cold and really windy. I think I only hit about 4 GIR and my scrambling was total garbage. Sunday was a little better weather wise, still windy, but at least the sun was out. Still struggled with chipping and putting sunday, I had two 3-putts and one 4-putt. Had to cool down a little after that 4-putt haha. Thank goodness for short term memory.

Hoping to get out again during the week but the rain looks like its going to keep my indoors until at least thursday.

Played the easy 9-holer on my home course. Felt pretty shoddy, body was wasted after morning gym session and I felt so disjointed. Shot 32, -5. 10 putts, lolwut? Made bogey on 1 from 100 yards to boot, then stiffed some approaches and holed two chips. Bogey-birdie-eagle-birdie-birde-par-par-birdie-par.

Played the easy 9-holer on my home course. Felt pretty shoddy, body was wasted after morning gym session and I felt so disjointed. Shot 32, -5. 10 putts, lolwut? Made bogey on 1 from 100 yards to boot, then stiffed some approaches and holed two chips. Bogey-birdie-eagle-birdie-birde-par-par-birdie-par.

WOW! Great round there pete. What I wouldnt give for 10 putts lol. I had 38 of them yesterday!

My approaches have been weird so far this year. I've made a conscious decision to be a lot more aggressive and fire at pins. I'm either stiffing them, giving myself a good chance to make birdie and 1-putt, or I miss the green but fairly close so I make a lot of pretty easy up & downs.

75 at Carter Plantation in Louisiana. David Toms design.

89, short game was absolutley dire, left at least 6 shots out on the course due to it. Never mind I am sure next round will be better

Played at one of my favorite courses back home today, Trillium Golf Links. I took a picture of the approach on #8 for you guys. How sweet is this?

aefc9626-7147-254d.jpg

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That is one sick looking hole there. I hope One-T kept his ball on the green.

oh man it was brutal today
2 holes into the round the wind started howling
lost 6 frikken balls
teeshots were money... just bombs away
approach shots were killing me... didnt hit one green and just launched balls into trouble even from tasty lies smack in the middle of fw's
i almost got on in 2 on a long par5 and was 20yards from the green... all i had to do was carry a lil sliver of water... splash
hit a monster drive on a long par4 leaving me with a 9i... hook splash
it was like that all day long... i hate wind

Shot 89 again on 2nd practice round for our tournament that starts tomorrow. Had a case of the shanks for a few holes....where the heck did that come from?? Remembered to check my posture, stance, and be still! Worked it out and started playing pretty good after that. I am solid with the long clubs, but the irons continue to be inconsistent. My putting was really good today! My 4-ball partner had a super front with a 38 but finished with a 44. We have played really well as a team. Seems one is always there when the other one has a problem hole. Just what we need.

Putter killed me today. 37 putts, including 5 3 putts. Including one from <5 feet. Disgusting. Shot a miserable 89. I was not happy with my putting today. Driver/irons were ok. Playing again on Friday.

BulldogsGolf

Good luck tomorrow KB!

Shot an 82 and it easily should have been at least 3 shots better. I am sniffing the 70's but I know it's tough to break the barrier

Shot 89 again on 2nd practice round for our tournament that starts tomorrow. Had a case of the shanks for a few holes....where the heck did that come from?? Remembered to check my posture, stance, and be still! Worked it out and started playing pretty good after that. I am solid with the long clubs, but the irons continue to be inconsistent. My putting was really good today! My 4-ball partner had a super front with a 38 but finished with a 44. We have played really well as a team. Seems one is always there when the other one has a problem hole. Just what we need.

That's the way to get it done, best of luck over the next 2 days KB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back