Who's your Least Favorite Golfer and Why?

Man, I just read someone disliked Paul Casey. I'm gonna send him a direct message on twitter. That's like saying the McRib tastes like p00p.

McRib? Xp :D

This may not be popular here but Justin Leonard is a guy I can not stand and I'm a fellow Longhorn! I will never forget one year at the Byron Nelson, on the 11th hole, Justin hits his drive and most of the people on the box start saying, "Nice hit Justing" and are clapping for him while the ball is still in the air. Well, it catches the left side of the water bank and goes straight in. He turns to all of us and says, "Yes, nice drive, right." Will never forget that even if he was pissed with the drive. He wears his hate real low and he just looks angry and mean all the time when he's playing.

I used to really really dislike Phil. I thought (still do) think his fan friendly/family first act is just that, an act, and it would bother me.All the "look at phil, he's so great with the fans because he slaps an occasional hand, and look at phil mr. family there's no way he could ever do what tiger did", it would get on my nerves. However, even if it is an act, he still does those fan friendly things which is a lot more than a lot of guys do. So I now have a hard time disliking him for it.

Not a fan at all of Sergio. I think he's a brat and a nutcase.

Not a fan of Fowler either. Nothing against him personally, I just don't like the way he's hyped up when he's never won anything.

Not a fan of Hunter Mahan's face.

I just don't like Tiger. I hate how he explodes on the course frequently.
Also....JB Holmes. How long does it take to putt the damn ball!

My least favorite is easily John Daly, all that potential talent essentially wasted after the early start to the HOF, he had it all and just p***ed it away. Why he remains a fan favorite as selfish as he is is absolutely beyond me.

Me Myself and I

Who gets the blame for a bad round? Me
Who ACTUALLY debates paying the electrical bill or playing another round of golf? Myself?
Who once hit over a 100 putts in the darkness of his own living room? This guy.

This is why I let the better half hold all the money. I"m not mature enough to see why dish towels are a more important buy than another round of golf.

Not a fan of Angel Cabrera. Not sure why, but I just don't like him haha

Sergio, hands down. I always thought he was arrogant and uncouth but after he spit in the cup on 13 at Doral in 2007 I was completely done with him.

Phil. I will probably get killed for saying it, but I think his "family man" image is a huge farce.

Alright let's break the ice...Phil Mickelson.

I know "he's so nice, family man, great person, etc."

I just get sick of the constant smiling, wave to everybody, tip his cap every 5 seconds, thumbs up to fans, high fives a few fans on the way to the next hole on occasion, nodding to everyone.

He's a great player, but his persona I'm just not a fan of. It fits him, and he loves it, hey have at it...

Just my humble opinion.

I have heard just as many stories of Phil's infidelities as I heard about Tiger.

Alright let's break the ice...Phil Mickelson.

I know "he's so nice, family man, great person, etc."

I just get sick of the constant smiling, wave to everybody, tip his cap every 5 seconds, thumbs up to fans, high fives a few fans on the way to the next hole on occasion, nodding to everyone.

He's a great player, but his persona I'm just not a fan of. It fits him, and he loves it, hey have at it...

Just my humble opinion.

I think that's the first time I have heard that someone doesn't like someone because they're likeable. Do you not like old people, children, and dogs too? :D

Just saw these posts, and from an insider perspective (my friend met him) when the cameras are off Phil is not the nice guy he displays on tv. He won't give you the time of day unless he is going to be noticed for it.

I don't know any pros personally so I would have to say that the only thing I dislike is slow play.

Slow playing golfers: Na, Sergio, JB, and Crane. However I'm liking JB and Crane more these days.

One I like the least.... Ryan Moore... looks like a total clown.

Updated list in no particular order.....

Vijay
Briny Baird
Charley Hoffman
JD
Fowler (when he wears his orange outfit)
Ryan Moore

Brian Gay no doubt about it. Ive heard that he is heartless and mean to every caddy he's had (which is about 2 new ones every year). No caddy want to be on the bag for him.

All four idiots ahead of me who do any of the following:
Wait until the green ahead of them is clear before hitting their 250 yard approach shots after all of them hit squib shots or tops off the tee.
Stand around and watch one guy spend 5 minutes lining up his fat or topped or sliced shot before they wander off to the next ball and again all stand there again watching (or sit the in a cart watching, maybe also drinking beer) while one guy hits when ALL of them could have hit int he time it takes just one of them to hit.
The guy who spits sunflower seeds all over the green.
They guy who leaves his cigar or cigarette butt on the green.
The guy who doesn't fix his ball mark on the green, you would think if he had enough golf sense to make that mark with an approach shot that he would have enough sense to fix the mark.
The guy who still wears steel spikes and tap dances all around the hole tearing up the green for everyone who comes after him.
The guy who doesn't bother to either replace his divot or at least fill the gouge with sand after a big gouge is taken.
Lastly the guy who spends 10 minutes lining up his putt or chip only to miss by a mile anyway, he could have done that in about 3 seconds and gotten the same result.
I don't know any pros on tour personally so I really can't say who I like least among them but Chris Berman is probably the one golfer I see on TV that makes me feel like vomiting when I see him swing.

Robert Rock
Shane Lowry
Bradley Dredge
Jack Nicklaus
Paul Goydos

All very hard to like.

Here are but a few of my least favorite:

Ricky Fowler- lose the bucket hat and get a haircut, a testosterone injection wouldn't hurt either
John Daly- the video of him sporting the jeans, no shirt, and no shoes on the golf course set the local muni back 10 years.
Sergio- you lost me after the tweety bird outfit.
Furyk- watching his golf idiosyncracies is almost as painful as a chainsaw vasectomy.
Anybody wearing the Viet Cong golf hat.
Ryan Moore- for god sakes, the three day beard with a necktie confuses me. Are you trying to dress up or are you coming home from a 3 day bender.

Last edited:
Morgan Pressel-- Probably the world's most annoying female golfer. She's OK, but not nearly as good as she thinks she is.

Bubba Watson-- Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. Too many moving parts to be a long time success.

Zach Johnson / Tom Lehman-- You guys are entitled to have your beliefs (and I respect that) but the viewing public doesn't need to be subjected to them. Not the right time or place.

Adam Scott / Lee Westwood / Chris DiMarco / Dustin Johnson-- Have all had several chances to win majors, but found a way to go "belly up"

Bubba Watson-- Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. Too many moving parts to be a long time success.
I don't know if he's going away any time soon. Yesterday he broke his 3rd or 4th course record this year.

Brian Gay. Just seems .... like somebody I wouldn't want to hang out with.

Brian Gay. Just seems .... like somebody I wouldn't want to hang out with.

Oh, and John Daly is easily my least favorite golfer. I figured that was a given for most folks so I was giving out a consolation prize.

Back