Srixon Z-Star Irons

Can you elaborate a little on that? Do you think it was?

I didn't mean it in a negative "Questioning" sort of way. I meant it to emphasize my curiosity for these clubs. I struggle with low ball flight and have never hit the Nippons before. With your comparison as an inbetween between the CG16 and the CBs...is this club delivering a ball flight the same as the CB's or slightly lower? I'm excited to hear more about these clubs.

After 3 rounds of golf this weekend, these are officially in my bag now. They offer everything I want in an iron without any sacrifice at all.

One thing I want to touch on is the almost beveled like leading edge on them. It is different than most of what you see out there and something people should try before they buy. I love the turf interaction I get with these and find that they offer a players iron type of "approach" to contact without losing any forgiveness that I have come to love in GI irons.

I am getting the same distances I was getting out of the Cleveland CG16s, with a slightly higher ball flight due to the Nippons over the Monacos I had in the CG16s. I do find the ball flight slightly lower than that of the stock shafted CG16s though.

And the feel....Well its buttery soft of course. Forged by the same man that produces Apple products, so you know its good.

I cant wait to game these at the outing! hehe

I didn't mean it in a negative "Questioning" sort of way. I meant it to emphasize my curiosity for these clubs. I struggle with low ball flight and have never hit the Nippons before. With your comparison as an inbetween between the CG16 and the CBs...is this club delivering a ball flight the same as the CB's or slightly lower? I'm excited to hear more about these clubs.

I was not thinking you did mean it negatively. Just curious on why it was interesting and thought maybe you had some info. Now that explains it.

I would say they are a higher ball flight. Not quite as high as the CBs, but they really are different clubs to the CBs for me. More forgiveness, longer, etc...

How sexy do these look?!

That beveled leading edge is just cool looking. Pictures will never do these irons any justice.

JB you have seriously got me interested in trying these. could they tempt me to change my beloved burners?

Good luck finding a place to "try" them.

Where on the Srixon site does it say what shops have them?

LOL I'm dying to hit them now especially since they made it into the bag. I can't wait to hit these man. I have a strong feeling about these. I think they might be perfect for me.

LOL I'm dying to hit them now especially since they made it into the bag. I can't wait to hit these man. I have a strong feeling about these. I think they might be perfect for me.

I dont know, by the sound of your last writeup, you may not want to ever switch...But the demo day will be here before you know it.

It's funny but I'm actually not looking to switch. The 11's are firmly entrenched. But I would like a second set of irons that is slightly harder to hit just to practice with and play the occasional round. I won't be letting the 11's out anytime soon

You have nothing to worry about...You will see them and hit them in 4 weeks.

Any idea when these are coming out in New Zealand?

I wish I could help, but international distributors are beyond my reach. Sorry.

I haven't been able to get these irons out of my head for a couple of weeks. I really want to hit them to see how they feel. I called Srixon and they didn't have any stocking dealers or demo days in my area. The were going to call the nearest rep to see what else we could do but it didn't sound very hopeful... dang, the agony continues... I'm not sure if I will be able to buy new irons without giving these a fair shake.

I guess that answers that question...hehe

Looking forward to your feedback boss.

It didn't answer it for me. These things are pretty much impossible to find. It's a shame.

I guess that answers that question...hehe

Looking forward to your feedback boss.

It didn't answer it for me. These things are pretty much impossible to find. It's a shame.

Weird, you said "Good luck finding a place to try them". He found a place, that is good news right?

No, that is great news for him. I didn't notice he was in Europe. Probably easier to find there.

In the back of my mind I was just thinking how hard it is to find the Srixon clubs stateside. Which is a shame since I know there is plenty of people like me that would like to try them out.

In fact, I just tried to call Srixon to find out where I could try there clubs. Guess what. Nothing. The guy was like uhhhhh, are you close to Houston TX? There is a demo day coming up there.

Seriously? I'm in San Antonio TX right now. Which is a huge city. Probably at least 10 golf stores. They just had the Valero open here. And theres not a store or demo day here that has Srixon clubs? I just don't get it.

Either they don't plan on really marketing these here in the US or whoever is in charge of their marketing needs a lot of help.

Either they don't plan on really marketing these here in the US

We have said this for a long time. They are not planned on being marketed here really at all.

That is why we are so glad to have them at the THP Demo Day so that 50 people can try them out and give their honest feedback.

Back