What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i friggin LOVE rhubarb - it has to make one of the tastiest desserts ever!

We have a seemingly rare strain of it in my backyard - pure Strawberry Rhubarb.
Doesn't need to be cut with any other fruits in pies or crumbles. Simply delicious.
Too bad the patch is shrinking!

CG, I feel as if you should have a food blog.

We have a seemingly rare strain of it in my backyard - pure Strawberry Rhubarb.
Doesn't need to be cut with any other fruits in pies or crumbles. Simply delicious.
Too bad the patch is shrinking!

CG, I feel as if you should have a food blog.

I know rhubarb is mostly tossed with strawberry in desserts to complement the sour rhubarb - but IMO; rhubarb on its own if it is fresh doesnt need strawberry's. At the peak of its season - fresh rhubarb from your backyard is amazing. I wish i had a house bc i would have a sweet garden. Fresh tomatoes and hot peppers. wow.

A food blog? Hell i barely have enough time between work/school and then throw in golf, golf practice, preparation for the morgan cup. hah. i need an assistant.

I did just buy a 10 lb fresh ham that i am currently curing/brining for easter dinner sunday. Im smoking it overnight sat. first time!

I'm having some Cici's pizza for lunch. We'll eat dinner about 9:30 tonight.

I know rhubarb is mostly tossed with strawberry in desserts to complement the sour rhubarb - but IMO; rhubarb on its own if it is fresh doesnt need strawberry's. At the peak of its season - fresh rhubarb from your backyard is amazing. I wish i had a house bc i would have a sweet garden. Fresh tomatoes and hot peppers. wow.

A food blog? Hell i barely have enough time between work/school and then throw in golf, golf practice, preparation for the morgan cup. hah. i need an assistant.

I did just buy a 10 lb fresh ham that i am currently curing/brining for easter dinner sunday. Im smoking it overnight sat. first time!

Our rhubarb is VERY red/pink. My aunt also has a rhubarb patch, but hers never gets any redder than green with a hint of red. Her stalks are also much thicker than ours - ours are almost dainty in comparison.

CG, have you heard of the "River Cottage Meat Book" by chance?

Our rhubarb is VERY red/pink. My aunt also has a rhubarb patch, but hers never gets any redder than green with a hint of red. Her stalks are also much thicker than ours - ours are almost dainty in comparison.

CG, have you heard of the "River Cottage Meat Book" by chance?

are hers in the sun ? my mother says rhubarb likes shade - the sun will provide too much Chorophyll and the stalks will turn greener - shade lends the perfect red rhubarb and its more flavorful. And with any vegetable IMO smaller is better. Less starch, more flavor. I HATE large vegetables.

No i have not heard of that - is it good?

are hers in the sun ? my mother says rhubarb likes shade - the sun will provide too much Chorophyll and the stalks will turn greener - shade lends the perfect red rhubarb and its more flavorful. And with any vegetable IMO smaller is better. Less starch, more flavor. I HATE large vegetables.

No i have not heard of that - is it good?

It had a fair amount of shade, but ours grows under a Mountain Ash so it's definitely more sheltered. We'll see this year, since my aunt cut down all her trees in the back yard.

It is excellent for some things. I think you might already be well versed in the knowledge that the book possesses, but it's more of a textbook than a cook book. How to love your meat essentially. Some things though, like barbecue, the author has no idea what he's talking about.

Absolutely craving Mexican food right now......must have guacamole or con queso

im starving, and idk whats for dinner!! better get something quick!

I'm having some Cici's pizza for lunch. We'll eat dinner about 9:30 tonight.

is the cici's ayce? over here its like $5 all you can eat

I made homemade spinach, mushroom, bacon swiss quiche.

oh yeah... i had enormous chicken salad sammich's mmmm

Grilled sea bass, corn, and a salad

grilled chicken and rice

lg cheese steak, mayo ketchuo and xtra chesse!! yummmmm

Leftover chicken fajitas

Tacos it was tonite

Beef Lo Mein.

CPK.... its ok, but the dough is kind of sweet, other than that good pizza

arby's... cant get enough horsey sauce

Leftover lasagna

Had Chipotle for lunch. Making spaghetti for dinner. have the sauce and the meat on low heat until Jacqui gets home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back