Finally got a bridgestone golf ball fitting

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
So finally found a golf galaxy near me to do bridgestone golf ball fitting. I had done the online one which chose an E6 for me but wasn't really sure how accurate that was. Here are my results.

club head speed driver = 110.7 MPH

ball speed = 160.3 MPH

launch angle = 12.2

backspin = 2150

sidespin = -120 (? kind of confused with this one)

Distance = 277

Bridgestone fitted me for the E7. They even gave me 6 to take and try out.

Any comments?

Also, the golf galaxy guy said I should stick with a stiff shaft. At what clubhead speed to you start needing an XStiff shaft? Thanks.

So finally found a golf galaxy near me to do bridgestone golf ball fitting. I had done the online one which chose an E6 for me but wasn't really sure how accurate that was. Here are my results.

ball speed = 160.3 MPH

launch angle = 12.2

backspin = 2150

Distance = 277

Any comments?

Also, the golf galaxy guy said I should stick with a stiff shaft. At what clubhead speed to you start needing an XStiff shaft? Thanks.

Wow 277, I'd take that all day long and Id play any ball they told me to play.

I know my neighbor has a 122 driver speed and still uses stiff shaft

ball speed = 160.3 MPH

launch angle = 12.2

backspin = 2150

Distance = 277

Any comments?

When going through my driver fittings, they tried to put me in a x-stiff with a SS of ~115. From the moment I started using it, I couldn't hit a ball any kind of distance. Every ball was less than 200 yards with wicked backspin (7000+ rpm).

When going through my driver fittings, they tried to put me in a x-stiff with a SS of ~115. From the moment I started using it, I couldn't hit a ball any kind of distance. Every ball was less than 200 yards with wicked backspin (7000+ rpm).

thats weird, a stiffer shaft usually lowers spin, also never heard of a 77 yard distance loss from to stiff a shaft. But i would be playing the E7 if thats what they fit you to, those are some good numbers

Your #'s look great. I would wonder if the B330 would give you very close to that #'s wise and a ball you can stop with a pitch shot.

ball speed = 160.3 MPH

launch angle = 12.2

backspin = 2150

Distance = 277

Any comments?

I'm also a little confused by the sidespin numbers. How does a ball spin more than one way? Backspin AND sidespin. The ball has two different types of spin with one axis? Any quick answers?

At 110 mph, you could go either stiff or x-stiff, depending on your numbers. If you can control the stiff shaft you have fine, then I would stick with it. Your numbers are rock solid, I don't see any need to change. The e7 is a nice ball in my experience, and very long. If you love to spin it at the green, with your swing speed, the B330-S or B330 are probably also good options, although more money too.

Oh, and sidespin just means you are going to fade or draw it a little bit. -120 is not very much rotation and is very manageable. I think negative means slice/fade spin but I could be wrong.

I'm also a little confused by the sidespin numbers. How does a ball spin more than one way? Backspin AND sidespin. The ball has two different types of spin with one axis? Any quick answers?

Launch Monitors just represent spin on 2 axis, so in his example its spinning back at a much higher rate than the side spin that leads to a slice (or hook).

So if you were to see this ball spinning in real action it would be spinning at about 2150 rpms with the axis of spin just slightly to the right (or left) of 90* to the launch direction at impact.

with those numbers the e7, e6, RX, or RXS could all help you and you'd get the benefits of the ball as it's intended to be

Great numbers Barber, and you hit pay dirt with them giving you 6 balls, usually they give a 2 ball sleeve.

Launch Monitors just represent spin on 2 axis, so in his example its spinning back at a much higher rate than the side spin that leads to a slice (or hook).

So if you were to see this ball spinning in real action it would be spinning at about 2150 rpms with the axis of spin just slightly to the right (or left) of 90* to the launch direction at impact.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, golf4life. That makes sense. Great explanation.

I really need to track down a Bridgestone fitting in my area. Getting the launch angle and spin numbers are worth it alone (I still remember the 12 degrees, 2200 RPM comments from the TaylorMade Kingdom videos awhile back).

I really need to track down a Bridgestone fitting in my area. Getting the launch angle and spin numbers are worth it alone (I still remember the 12 degrees, 2200 RPM comments from the TaylorMade Kingdom videos awhile back).

yeah same here, there are a few coming this way, but are a nice drive away from where im at

No, it is two types of spin on two axis, vertical and horizontal. Backspin determines trajectory and carry and the sidespin determines fade or draw. It isn't that it spins in two directions at once, you'll have the main axis of spin on a plane up and down through the ball, but it will tilt to one side with fade or draw spin (or hook or slice).

Same effect you get at some museums where you stand on a platform thing that can rotate and you hold a bar in your hands in front of you that has a spinning ball in the middle - if you tilt your arms right you rotate right, left you go left. Like a gyroscope. Same thing happens to golf balls in flight.

Like this:

I have never had a fitting. Do they let you hit different brands of balls or just Bridgestone when they are doing the fitting?

I have never had a fitting. Do they let you hit different brands of balls or just Bridgestone when they are doing the fitting?

You hit your current ball, and then the ball they recommend. You get to compare the numbers to theirs vs your current only in most cases.

how about a GOlf Galaxy ball fitting? Do you hit a bunch of different balls, or just a few of one, and they tell you which ones they "recommend"?

how about a GOlf Galaxy ball fitting? Do you hit a bunch of different balls, or just a few of one, and they tell you which ones they "recommend"?

I would think they would have you hit several different brands, they aren't trying to sell a particular brand. I don't have any experience with a GG fitting, just a Bridgestone one.

Great numbers Barber, and you hit pay dirt with them giving you 6 balls, usually they give a 2 ball sleeve.

Yea, I think they gave me more because I waited like 2 hrs. The guy thanked me for waiting anyway. Good stuff.

Pjcedog, they let u hit different brands. And they let u see the numbers from all of them. So if the Nike ball is better they will tell you. Pretty cool

My ball fitting was at a golfgalaxy but it was by the Bridgestone guys with their own equipment.

Regarding whether to hit X or stiff on a driver, I have both drivers, a stiff and an x-stiff. The 9* X-stiff flies lower by at least 1/3 on average I would guess compared to the 9* stiff, a more piercing flight for sure. I use the X mostly when it is extremely windy because it cuts through the wind better and a tail wind doesn't push it out 40 yards farther than you want it to go. I could see the X costing me some distance on a wet track or if I didn't get much roll out for any reason. I have to make sure my tempo is just right with the stiff or it will start to go way left. If I had it to do over I would have bought maybe a 10* or even a 10.5* or 11* loft in the X stiff to get just a little more height on it, I will probably do that with my next driver. I don't know what my SS is these day but I can still carry 250 all day long with a smooth effort, 275-280 to clear a hazard with a hard hit if the wind isn't up and in my face.

Heading to GOlf Galaxy in an hour or so, might try both a call fitting and a driver fitting for the heck of it, I love my r9, but Im not "in love" with it

There's a bridgestone ball fitting about an hour and a half away this weekend, I'm gonna go check it out and see if it's any different then the e6 I was recommended from the web fitting. Also interested to see the numbers of the other balls I've been hitting.

Where at, cheffor?

I was able to get a ball fitting done over the weekend. It was awesome. The Bridgestone guys were very knowledgeable. I was told that the 300-RX should be the ball for me. I told him how I've been using that and the e6 and I was told that the e6 would be a great choice on colder days.

I was able to get a ball fitting done over the weekend. It was awesome. The Bridgestone guys were very knowledgeable. I was told that the 300-RX should be the ball for me. I told him how I've been using that and the e6 and I was told that the e6 would be a great choice on colder days.

right on, I love the E6!

Back