Country Music Fans in Here!!

Right now I'm a Jason Aldean fan. I listen to just about anything and Jason Aldean's My Kind of Party is probably my favorite song right now.

Love Johnny Cash, Kenny Rogers, Alabama, and Willie on the old school level.

New stuff: Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Toby, The Band Perry, Blake Shelton

Country music has gone pop for the most part so the only current artists that I like are Chesney, Paisley, and the Zach Brown Band. Throw Cross Canadian Ragweed in there if you consider them country but I'd lump them in "red dirt music" as they call it. Otherwise you can add me to the list of the old country tunes.

I can't stand Toby Keith. I don't like how he used timing to push his "patriotism" songs and his personality just rubs me wrong.

Paisley is one of the best guitar players in the world right now.

Watching him run all around the stage while throwing down a solo was effing amazing. He's got skilz.

Country music has gone pop for the most part so the only current artists that I like are Chesney, Paisley, and the Zach Brown Band. Throw Cross Canadian Ragweed in there if you consider them country but I'd lump them in "red dirt music" as they call it. Otherwise you can add me to the list of the old country tunes.

I can't stand Toby Keith. I don't like how he used timing to push his "patriotism" songs and his personality just rubs me wrong.

I am surprised to hear this. He doen't just sing about this stuff to make money. Toby gives away hundreds of tickets for free to military personnel for every show he does. The guy is all USA and he owns it. He isn't fake at all, he has family in the military and is genuinally all about America.

Has anyone heard Drive By Truckers? Alt country band, they put out some really good stuff

Yes sir, have quite a few albums and have seen them a few times. I liked them a lot more when I was younger. Favorite song of theirs: "18 Wheels of Love", it's a classic.

I don't listen to much country anymore. I did when we lived in SoCal, and a few years when we moved to Oregon. My wife is still a big fan. I'll still listen to the country music of the 90s and early 2000s - Garth Brooks, Reba, Shania, Toby Keith, Trisha, Alabama - every once in a while.

"Country music" just doesn't sound like country music anymore. Seems like everyone who can't make it as a pop star does country. I do still listen to real country though. Willie, Waylon, Johnny Cash etc.

We have a station out here that only plays "classic country". Usually early '80s down to the '60s. Click the Listen Live button on the right. Unfortunately for me it is in Topeka, KS and we don't get the siganl very good sat my house. http://www.ktpk1069.com/

Yes sir, have quite a few albums and have seen them a few times. I liked them a lot more when I was younger. Favorite song of theirs: "18 Wheels of Love", it's a classic.

Just saw them again a couple of weeks ago my favorite of theirs is "Daddy Needs a Drink", my band did a cover of Women Without Whiskey and Ronnie and Neil

I am surprised to hear this. He doen't just sing about this stuff to make money. Toby gives away hundreds of tickets for free to military personnel for every show he does. The guy is all USA and he owns it. He isn't fake at all, he has family in the military and is genuinally all about America.

I like how he's outspoken and sticks to his guns. I guess his rise to fame in my eyes was tainted since his career swelled right after 9/11 and his Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue release. Probably some of my dislike is how he tries to stay country but go pop all at the same time. I also wasn't a fan of how he responded to a comment by the Dixie Chicks and their few months of bickering. I guess it's all just personal feelings on past actions more than anything.

Ryan Bingham
Brandon Rhyder
Cross Canadian Ragweed (CCR)
No Justice
Aaron Watson
Pat Green
Larry Joe Taylor
Roger Creager
Stoney Larue
Wade bowen
Brantley Gilbert
Reckless Kelly

Bingham is awesome. Listen to 'southside of heaven', 'Country roads', 'Long way from Georgia'
Brandon rhyder has one of my favorite sings "Backroads"

I saw were some of you like Aldean. Check out his "new" song called 'Dirt road anthem' it was originally colt ford's song for a few years but colt ford and brantley gilbert let aldean use it and its changed just a little.

A little Ryan Bingham

I'm running the country music marathon in Nashville next Sat. Mongtomery Gentry is playing the post race concert. I'm really looking forward to it (concert, not the race).

I saw were some of you like Aldean. Check out his "new" song called 'Dirt road anthem' it was originally colt ford's song for a few years but colt ford and brantley gilbert let aldean use it and its changed just a little.

A little Ryan Bingham

There are so many ways to say so many wrong things about a song titled like that :curl-lip:

There are so many ways to say so many wrong things about a song titled like that :curl-lip:
Its referring to south side as living in the country down south. He grew up in Texas. I could be wrong but pretty sure thats what it is.

Best country cover of a rock song. Ever.

Good call on Ryan Bingham Bridges. I dig him too! You must have the "Crazy Heart" soundtrack.

I'm a HUGE country music fan! It has kind of been a family thing, with being related to Reba (well, she is my step-grandfathers niece).

I love older style country music. This new "country" music is okay, but not like it was back when! I do love some Red-Dirt style as well, one of my best friend's brother is the lead singer for No Justice, Steve Rice. They are some great guys!
Bridges, I love some Ryan Bingham! He is an awesome guy that used to hit the road going to rodeos all around my area, so I met him there.

I know it's a southern thing, but I just love it! My lady-friend's grandfather was Roger Miller, an old school country singer that most of you have probably never heard of other than the intro song to Talladega Nights, "King of the Road" or "Chug-A-Lug"! She would kill me if she knew I told you guys! ha ha

I love to play my guitar and sing a little when I can it's very relaxing!

My radio stays on country music. Love Lady A, Sugarland, Miranda Lambert, Toby Keith, and several others. Not many country artists that I don't like.

I think it's sad that a Canadian who like country probably has never heard of Neko Case. IMO, one of the best female county/bluegrass vocalists I've ever heard. Do yourself a favor Dent and check her out, you'll dump Terri Clark in a minute.

I'll take a look man. Terri Clark is hard to beat though. I usually base my favourites on how many songs of theirs I really can't get over and really love.

Right now I'm a Jason Aldean fan. I listen to just about anything and Jason Aldean's My Kind of Party is probably my favorite song right now.

Favourite Aldean song has to be this one:

[youtube]kc823UD0LeU[/youtube]

On another note I find Taylor Swift and Brad Paisley wayy too fake. They are more pop than country and are the 2 favourites that people who know nothing about country jump onto. They don't make country music.

This one is pure country.

Good call on Ryan Bingham Bridges. I dig him too! You must have the "Crazy Heart" soundtrack.

I actually dont have that one. I have the very first album "Mescalito" on the ipod and a couple songs from "roadhouse sun" but havent got any from the "junky star".

The Crazy heart soundtrack song is called weary kind, pretty good song. I think im about to intunes it up for some songs from the Junky star album.

Some more Bingham. "Hallelujah" I love the intro's he has on the guitar. This one and southside of heaven is bad@ss.

I have a good buddy that sings and plays the guitar. He used to do it all the time back in highschool when we were at parties and now he sings at bars and other restaurants. He is doing really well at it, probably wont be big time or anything like that, but its pretty cool that places ask him to come and sing.

Back