TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Fairway Wood Review Thread

hey guys, i just got my superfast 2.0 3 wood yesterday and i cant wait to try it. it seems everyone here is hitting it well hopefully i can do the same

How did this work out for you? Can't wait to hear your results.

Went over to Golf Town a few nights ago and tested both the Superfast 2.0 and R11. From my experience, all I can say is that the 2.0 is LONG! I was hitting it on average 20 yrds further than the R11. Was hitting 4 woods, regular shaft in both and was hitting the R11 about 235 average, which I found to be really short to begin with, but the 2.0 was 250+ on average. Was the first time I got a chance to swing a club in 5 months, thanks to Canadian winters, so I was a little off and inconsistent, but the 2.0 was just so easy to hit. The ball flight was lower on the 2.0 also, I know the R11 can be adjusted, but I wanted to compare them both on the stock settings. As said I was about 250 on average, but when I really wanted to step on it and get a little extra, it was there, very easy to swing hard and not have any control over it.

Overall to make it quick: very easy to hit and as I said LONG!

Sounds like you found a keeper. Hit right, I don't think there's a longer fw wood out there. Glad it's working for you!

I got the chance to hit mine a bunch yesterday playing from the deep tee's on a very tight course. I've said it before and will once again, this thing is a beast off the tee. Extremely long, low, reminds me of a surface to air missile that just keeps climbing and never balloons. Off the deck I was finally hitting it clean and the two guys with me were making comments about how great the ball was coming off the face. Nice solid sound and almost no feel off the face, just felt clean and smooth if that makes sense. I hit four of my best shots off the fw ever with this club yesterday. Thanks Taylormade and THP!

I am sorry for my delay in write ups.

I got to play the SF 2.0 5 wood some today. I gave it to my 12 year old daughter who played it yesterday. She hasn't swung much all winter, so her shots were a little erratic but she really likes the club. It is too long for her so she had to grip down. She needs a little range time to really test it out better. She liked how far it went, even on mis-hits.

I played it today off the tee on my usual tee off holes. I left it right on a short par 4, but not in trouble. I did not hit it off the fairway today because no hole called for it. It was not windy this morning. I am having a little trouble trusting that the club won't hook since the shaft is so much lighter than my current 5 wood (65g vs 45g). That comes down to tempo. I will get out more next weekend since we are moving this week and I will not get to the range.

How did this work out for you? Can't wait to hear your results.

Sounds like you found a keeper. Hit right, I don't think there's a longer fw wood out there. Glad it's working for you!

Not in the cards this summer, hoping maybe if I talk about it enough the girlfriend will get the hint and buy it for Christmas or something haha

Well I got my 2.0 4 wood cut down to 42", and regripped with a lamkin midsize and all I have to say is MONEY!!!! Hit it about 230 with a slight fade! Off the deck this thing is a monster!! My new fav club!

Has anyone hit these in the TP version? I was looking at the custom options on TM and I like what I saw.

Out with this again today and I can finally say I've developed a ton of confidence in this club. It's hard to say the words, but my beloved R9 3w is about to go on the market. While, IMHO, the R9 is MUCH easier to learn and trust to get me to the middle of the fw, this Superfast 2.0 is just that much longer and with the right amount of concentration to swing smooth keeping my head still without overswinging, its straight as well. 230 yards seem's to be my number with it and thats asking a lot out of the R9. In wind the R9 is a high flyer and baloons while the 2.0 is a low, slow climber that penetrates the wind.

I hit it five times today and every one was big including my second shot on the starting par 5 hole that has ate my lunch the last two years. I hit a sweet baby fade into an extremely tight neck leaving myself 80 yards and a fat green. Over and over this club just performed!

Out with this again today and I can finally say I've developed a ton of confidence in this club. It's hard to say the words, but my beloved R9 3w is about to go on the market. While, IMHO, the R9 is MUCH easier to learn and trust to get me to the middle of the fw, this Superfast 2.0 is just that much longer and with the right amount of concentration to swing smooth keeping my head still without overswinging, its straight as well. 230 yards seem's to be my number with it and thats asking a lot out of the R9. In wind the R9 is a high flyer and baloons while the 2.0 is a low, slow climber that penetrates the wind.

I hit it five times today and every one was big including my second shot on the starting par 5 hole that has ate my lunch the last two years. I hit a sweet baby fade into an extremely tight neck leaving myself 80 yards and a fat green. Over and over this club just performed!
Simply stated....AWESOME! That is what I think of your write ups and what your finding from this club. I love it, keep it up!

Simply stated....AWESOME! That is what I think of your write ups and what your finding from this club. I love it, keep it up!

Thanks big dog, it means a lot hearing that. But, it comes pretty easy when your testing something that simply works like the 2.0 is doing now.

Today found a solid love and great confidence in the Super Fast 2.0 3w for me. All I had to do was consentrate on a smooth take away keeping my head flat to the line, the rest was money. Once off the tee and 6 times from the fw or rough found long straight flights each time. Best shot of the day was a chocked up shot above my feet that found my group all saying WOW! Simply put, the 2.0 saved me several times today. I love this club.

I hit probably my 2 favorite fairways tonight, the SF 2.0 and the Cleveland FL. The launch monitor was saying I was hitting these both 260-275. I really doubt that but my launch was very similar with both at 15 to 17* and my spin rate was around 2100. It is going to be hard to pick between the two. I like the option of getting a 13* in the Cleveland. Right now I have a 13* Orlimar and a Cobra Baffler 1H.

I may possibly look into getting a 13* Cleveland and a SF 4 Wood.

Still hitting my 4 wood aesome off the deck! I never hit a fairway wood this good! Nothing but confidence when I pull this club out! Wish I could say the same about my driver :(

I finally got moved out of my house and into my temporary place. I didn't get to play much last weekend due to the ongoing move. Going to the range today to hit the 5wood a little.

Today found a solid love and great confidence in the Super Fast 2.0 3w for me. All I had to do was consentrate on a smooth take away keeping my head flat to the line, the rest was money. Once off the tee and 6 times from the fw or rough found long straight flights each time. Best shot of the day was a chocked up shot above my feet that found my group all saying WOW! Simply put, the 2.0 saved me several times today. I love this club.

I'm glad that this club is coming around for you! Good write ups, Due!

weird thing is im opposite, having trouble off the tee, but am doing good off the deck.. hmmmm

I'm glad that this club is coming around for you! Good write ups, Due!

Thanks koko, I now have a couple buddies who are asking to borrow mine when we play, lol.

weird thing is im opposite, having trouble off the tee, but am doing good off the deck.. hmmmm

I think P4B made a lot of sense about these in his thread on the 2.0 driver. If you try to add that extra power, like most of us do off the tee, these just won't perform as well. I think its the lighter weight, but when I consentrate to keep my head slightly behind the ball, use a full turn and just release as smooth as possible with out my head moving I can hit this thing a mile. I choked up on a couple of shots Sunday, about an inch, and hit it the ball every bit as far as I do without choking up.

yeah no matter what i hot off the tee, driver, wood, hybrid, iron, i always always find myself trying to kill it.. and i know with my hybrid if i tee it up between an iron length and driver length its perfect!! maybe i should try the same with my 4 wood, because of the deck im murdering the ball

yeah no matter what i hot off the tee, driver, wood, hybrid, iron, i always always find myself trying to kill it.. and i know with my hybrid if i tee it up between an iron length and driver length its perfect!! maybe i should try the same with my 4 wood, because of the deck im murdering the ball

Sounds like some good ol range time to experiment a bit. Good luck finding your groove, its there.

thanks!! and will do .. even though i hate the range lol

Kaitlyn (my 12 year old) and I hit the SF 5 wood this evening. She hits it better than I do! I think she is trying to take it from me! I actually am letting her keep it in her bag for a few weeks.
I did not hit anything well this afternoon unfortunately. Maybe I was tired after work, or it's lacks of practice from moving and not playing much for a couple weeks. I was hitting a lot of shots behind the ball off the deck, so I wasn't really getting any distance. I have to say again that this club is very forgiving on mis-hits.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now koko, I'm sure the swing will be back as soon as things settle down for you.

I made it out for a quick nine yesterday. I joined a couple buddies who were just starting the back nine which worked great as it's longer, sets up well for a three wood. Things went very well on all but one shot that I actually tried to draw the ball into a tight green from 220 yards. I never should have went for it, but came across the ball and hit it straight left, lol. Things could have been worst, bogey result but thats common enogh for me.

Thanks, Due. We are out of town with family. No golf or moving this weekend. Just relaxing!

I kind of hate to admit this, but the 2.0 has become the most consistant club in my bag. I'm hitting this thing longer and straighter than I ever would have believed. possibly my best shot of the day was just a little over 200 out and against the wind on #18 coming in. Ended up below the flag front with a nice easy up hill putt. Love this club.

Oh my! I just wrote a big reply to this and lost it. Time for a do-over.

Due- I am glad that you are liking this club so much. I also had good results with my superfast 2.0 today. Darren and I took my MIL and our kids with us for 9 (kids didn't play and MIl, new golfer, was just chipping and putting). We anticipated playing 18, but the pace of play was pretty slow (in front of us) that we decided to give up after 9.

I hit the superfast 2.0 w wood 2 times on the course today off the tee. I was going to hit it some more on the back 9, but that didn't happen! I hit it off the tee on 2 holes that I don't hit driver on when I play the forward/ladies tees.

Hole 6, short dogleg left. I would need mad skills to draw the ball around the corner, so the 5 wood is a safer play. Driver will go through the fairway unless I play the men's tees. And my attempts at drawing the ball usually end up as big ol' hooks, so that is not good. So I tee up the superfast 2.0 and hit it nice and straight. It was looking great in the air, but it landed and still went through the fairway. The fairways are dry and firm so I got a lot of roll. The lie was a little weird but it looked like I could hit it solid. I was about 65 yards from the front of the green and hit my 54 degree wedge short. Short is still better than long on this hold, so I chip (good chip) and procede to 2 putt. Bogey is OK for not playing much in the last few weeks, though.

I also hit the superfast 2.0 5 wood on the next tee, a par 5. This is the hole where the landing area is tight for me between water and bushes when I hit from the forward tees, so 5 wood is a better option for me here. I tee up the 5 wood and again, hit a really good shot. I really like the feel of this club when I hit a solid shot. I am not sure if it is the shaft or the face or the combination.

Now that we are settled into our temporary condo as our house is completed, I see a lot more golf and time to review in the next few weeks!

To everyone who has hit the SF 2.0. Have any of you experience viberations in the shaft when you made contact with the ball?

I was looking at the SF 2.0 at our local golf store and the employee stated it was a great club but he was getting viberations in the shaft.

Back