the craziest, stupidest most adventurous things you've done

iLoveCats

Reaction score
Handicap
On the banter thread last night i heard about a crazy little edmonton adventure coolbreeze and his buddies went on back in the day. I'm sure there are some other members here that have some pretty hilarious, crazy stories about things that they've done or that they've seen other people do and i'd love to hear about them.

PS these dont have to be stories of your drunken mishaps (although those are still more than welcome)

My wife owns THP, not sure I could say...hehe

Haven't done it yet, but I am going to France and Italy next February for 10 days...Paris, Versailles, Florence, Rome, Milan, and Siena. Can't wait!

Well since it seems my drunken escapades started this thread I thought I would copy other a post I made in TC's "who likes to party?" thread, enjoy if you didn't already read it.

I've been in this club a while now:

yep! in fact, here's a list of things to look forward to:

-scrap booking
-watching ANTM (that's america's next top model for you noob's), 16 and pregnant, any of the real housewives of shows, and any movie on lifetime
-listening
-household chores
-stupid around the house projects
-conversations about baby names
-celebrating new year's eve "with just the two of you"

but a story from a few years ago, december and a foot of snow on the ground, really really tipsy at a club and the bouncer who I knew told me I should just got home, but I was staying at a buddies house, so I got the keys and left. I don't remember anything after that except trying to use the keys to enter my friends basement suite and I hear "STOP put up your hands and turn around!" only to see two cops with guns drawn. Next thing I remember is waking up in the drunk tank and really upset about being there. The cops let me out and tell me a little story. Apparently I got lost, cut through a lot of backyards and then the basement suit I was trying to get into was not my buddies but an elderly couples house. Problem though was that at the time there was an early 20's man who was breaking into older peoples houses and tying them up and robbing them, guess who they thought I was for a minute! Somehow in my drunken state I was able to explain what was going on and they said I was a gentleman the whole time. They then return the items I had on me: my necklace, an undershirt, my belt, and 25 plastic shot glasses. No jacket, sweater or SHOES! I then had to walk 4 blocks back to my buddies house in no shoes, and in only my undershirt. AAHHHHh the old days.

I once left my house. NEVER doing that again.

Haven't done it yet, but I am going to France and Italy next February for 10 days...Paris, Versailles, Florence, Rome, Milan, and Siena. Can't wait!

That sounds like it'll be awesome!

Dang coolbreeze you seem to have some pretty crazy stuff happen to you when you when you drink lol. awesome story.

All my craziest moments seem to come when im snowboarding. There was one time when i was riding in the mountains with my freinds and we were hiking in the backcountry and we decided to strap on our boards and cut through this roped off areas. We were in the back country where its unknown unmarked terrain so looking back i can see that this area was obviously very dangerous for it to be marked off. We didnt really think of it and went anyways. A little while later one of my buddies stops fast and starts waving his arms for us to stop. We all stop and about 3 feet infront of us is the lip of an 80+ foot cliff (roughly. im just guessing here, it was huge though) to a almost dead flat landing area. Easily big enough that if one of us rode off we would have died. Looking back the funny part was we all just laughed and said "good thing we stopped" and walked back up out of the roped off area.

Buddy and I climbed one of those massive outcroppings in the Pacific Ocean in Olympic Nat'l Park at Rialto Beach. Was really stupid as neither of were skilled at climbing and it got very dicey 3/4 of the way up. The top was very overgrown and footing was treacherous. Amazing views until we decided to climb back down. Guess what? Tide came in. I went down first, took almost 30 minutes. My buddy fell off about 20 feet up and landed in the ocean. I thought for sure we would need an ambulance but he popped out of the water. The currents were pretty powerful and I lost it a couple times on the way to the beach. We were beaten and bloody by the time we got to safety.

Ah the stupidity of youth.

I'm not too daring but I have a bit of a story like breeze's:

Me and my buddy were pretty bored when we were about 16 or so and decided to walk to a 7-11 to get some snacks and have a little stroll. He was riding his bike and I was walking. On the way home we came to a high grassy field and he was going to ride around because he couldn't get through and I told him I would meet him in the other side. As I am running through this field I see this bright flash light shine on me and this guy yell "Stop! Police" I thought it was a joke and just stopped to see who it was but it actually was the police. Apparently there were some break ins in the area and if you could picture this I was wearing all black and running through a field in the middle of the night.

The police officer told me to put my hands up so I did and then he made me lay on the ground with my hands behind my back. He asks me a bunch of questions and I just basically comply wondering what the hell is going on. After he makes me sit up against a fence and I see this cop car roll around the corner with my buddy in the back. I couldn't help but laugh. They put me in the back of the car as well and just do their little computer thing when one cop says "It shows here we currently have a warrant for your arrest." At that point I got pretty nervous until he said "Ha, Ha Just Kidding" after they cracked a few jokes they let us go and we barely said a word on the way home. We kind of re-capped what happened and were just stunned.

Pretty funny story when I look back.

I grew up on a farm where there were lots of tools and chemicals. We tried everything at least once as far as flame and boom's go. I was also a drunk from the time I was in high school till about age thirty. During this time I owned a couple of fast cars, snowmobiles, motorcycles etc. There was really nothing I wouldn't do. I'm lucky to be here today and I'm not super proud of everything I have done in my youth.

We live near a interstate highway and my high school was a 18 mile drive from where I lived. We had a couple of games we played in cars to and from school and another that involved the interstate and the dark. Maybe someday I'll share more.

I grew up on a farm where there were lots of tools and chemicals. We tried everything at least once as far as flame and boom's go. I was also a drunk from the time I was in high school till about age thirty. During this time I owned a couple of fast cars, snowmobiles, motorcycles etc. There was really nothing I wouldn't do. I'm lucky to be here today and I'm not super proud of everything I have done in my youth.

We live near a interstate highway and my high school was a 18 mile drive from where I lived. We had a couple of games we played in cars to and from school and another that involved the interstate and the dark. Maybe someday I'll share more.

With ya there. I think back and wonder how I got out alive.

One of the things we did was a game we called "do or die". There were 3 school buses that ran the 18 miles from our hometown to our high school, to bus those that could not drive. Being a farm boy, I had a car and was allowed to drive to school to be able to get home earlier each day to do the daily farm chores. Several other friends drove as well, so we would meet in town and car pool.

We would wait some mornings until all the buses had left town so we would be behind them for the trip. The buses drove a state highway which had a few curves and hills. The "game" was as you caught up to one of the buses, you would say "do or die", which meant you had to pass the buse without first looking to see if there was someone coming in the other direction. I rarely did it but there were others that did it many times. You just pulled out and passed without looking first. How smart was that? I know of a couple of guys that either ran cars off the road or the had to bailout themselves running off the road, but there were never any serious crashes. It does not get any dumber than this.

I have other examples that involved vehicles that were maybe even dumber.

Well, being from Baton Rouge, I have had several "interesting" Mardi Gras experiences.

But I'd have to say the craziest, stupidest and most adventurous time I ever had in New Orleans involved Halloween, a nun costume, a Catholic schoolgirl outfit, about 6 hours of hardcore drinking from bar to bar on Bourbon St. as well as the rest of the Quarter, and eventually, a parking garage.
I can't give out too many details but I will tell you this.....I was the one in the nun outfit.

We once set a friend up at Halloween where he stripped naked, put on a gorilla mask with the plan being that we would drop him off down the street from the home of a female school teacher. He would go to the door, knock and wait for her to come and answer the door, he would then scream and jump, naked and all to scare the crap out of her. The plan was then that he would run of course and we would pick him up.

Of course we drove off and left him on his own with no clothes. He was slightly pissed when it was over but he wasn't big enough to whip anyone so he just had to take it. Good clean fun.

Great thread idea, but hope the authorities don't catch wind of some that might end up here, lol.

I can think of a few things like a bomb we made at work in the weld shop and set it off out back. It was so loud the entire town heard it, fire trucks, police cars came, we got in a little trouble, haha.

Tap,Tap,Tap

We have a interstate highway near us and back in the late 70's, early 80's, I had a buddy who would, on a bet of course, drive the wrong direction. He would do this in the dark, driving on the outside paved should facing oncoming traffic with his lights off.

From the interchange where we live to the next ones, either north or south, is about 8/10 miles and he would go all the way to the next interchange in the wrong lane. Doing so in the dark, 99% of the vehicles he met, had no idea he was even there with his lights out and he would do it at highway speed or above.

He took the bet one time and we headed to the interchange in two cars, one with him taking off the wrong way and one with me driving the right way and when we got to the next interchange 10 miles away, he was sitting on the hood of his car waiting on us. Nuts!

In my home town there is another town 16 miles away, straight east. To get there, it is all by county road. There are at least six or eight stops signs on the way, with the county road crossing a couple of busy highways.

In the summer when the corn is 8 feet tall, you have to stop and pull out a little to see if there is anyone coming before pulling out. We use to pick a even number between 40 and 70. If the number was 60 say, that meant we would leave town on this road heading east to the next town 16 miles away, and you could NOT drive under that number in mph. So in the case, you would drive the whole way at 60 mph and run through every stop sign.

To make it even worse, we often did this on motorcycles. Most of the time it was done in the dark, so you could see lights, if you were lucky. Again, no one ever had a serious wreck, but everyone slammed on the breaks and chickend out a time or two and lost the bet and was tagged a chickensh_t for weeks. Again, just plain stupid.

craziest=snorting sour skittle powder for $20
STupides=could be the same thing but there are ALOT
Most adventurous=i got lost in ROMe last October with my wife on our honeymoon. We got to see Rome for what it really is that way though. Everyone was very friendly. They drink alot there but we never encountered someone that was plastered like you get here in the states....but this doesnt make a great story...

you guys have some pretty sweet stories.

Hoosier, you really did cheat death back in the day. Ive run red lights before but your stories take it to a whole new level

I went skydiving about seven years ago. I loved every second of it and given the chance I would do it again.

The most adventurous thing that I got ddec to do with me was parasailing last summer.

Did some really crazy/stupid stuff as a teenager. I can remember racing to McDonalds for lunch with my buddies in high school. We would go 5 wide doing between 80-100 mph on a road that was a 45 mph speed limit and only 2 lanes in each direction with a center turn lane, so yes, we would be going in the wrong lanes, and up on the shoulders. Surprised none of us ever got hurt, or caused an accident. In college I once strapped a blasting cap to somebodys door at 3 am and blew it off the hinges. I did not realize that it would shoot pellets all over the place, and the rest of the doors in the suite looked like they had been peppered with bird shot. Again, luckily no one was hurt, and I got in a lot of trouble for that one, legally speaking, but thank God the judge let me off with a warning.

Hoosier you are just toying with death with these stories.. you're nuts.

Well, I'll be 50 in a few months and I'm about as chicken as they come nowdays, but when I was young, along with the idiots I ran around with, there was not much we wouldn't do. I had a 78 TransAm in high school that would fly and I beat it to death. I went through a few clutch changes and many rear tires.

I also owned a 78 Kawasaki KZ1000 z1r that was a rocket. It had a Kerker header and when I really got brave, the baffle was taken out by simply removing a small screw (which I could do with a dime). It is safe to say that the locals and the law didn't care for that much but.....

I have many great memories and none of us ever really got hurt much outside of a broken ankle I got once on the bike, and I also took a bird to the eye at about 80mph that resulted in two black eyes, but I wouldn't own or drive any of this stuff today. I have a feeling all of my nine lives were used up. Snowmobiles is another story.......

Back