TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I feel your pain, there are no good fitters where I live and I would have to take a long trip to get it done. From the sounds of what your problems are with the R11, the supertri sounds like it would be right up your alley but I'm sure you've hit it many times. I have no inside info whatsoever, but I would bet dollars to donuts that there will be a white R11 Supertri in the near future.

played the Supertri with RIP Alpha all last year and loved it but it still spun a little to much. Im trying to decide between the Zstar and 910 D2.

played the Supertri with RIP Alpha all last year and loved it but it still spun a little to much. Im trying to decide between the Zstar and 910 D2.

Z-star!

haha thats the way im leaning, have you hit it?

Nope I'm a lefty, but Miyazaki shaft stock and having the Miyazaki Kusala black in my R9 I have now they are the real deal.

10 Yard...It must have been a soul crushing day to give up the R11. I would recommend checking out the VR Pro. I also don't think you will have an trouble getting rid of the R11 in the marketplace.

10 Yard...It must have been a soul crushing day to give up the R11. I would recommend checking out the VR Pro. I also don't think you will have an trouble getting rid of the R11 in the marketplace.

dude you have no idea, it was probably the worst driving day i have had in 10 years, no joke

Well guys im back from my round and have some bad news, On days my swing is on or just ok the R11 treats me great, i hit it very well those days, on days like today where my swing is completely gone the R11 is just beating me into the ground, im admitting defeat on this one, i just need a little more forgivness and spin, i just dont think i have the swing speed for this driver on the days im not playing as good, im only a 8cap so i have more than a few of those days lol. It kills me to do this cause i love everything about this driver except how punishing it is on bad swing days. Guess im back to looking for a driver, the R11 with RIP BETA goes for 649.99 new so im thinking 450 is a fair price to ask, plus it comes with the Blur shaft as well as the RIP BETA. Im really kicking my self in the butt for this, i dont think i will ever love the looks of a driver as much as this one but i gotta be realistic and have something thats not gonna punish me so bad. This sucks but ill be happy to have my driving game back.

Are you sure you really want to give up on something that you have been so pumped about. Reading through the tread it sounds as though you have way more good days with it then bad ones. You say that you hit it really well even on your ok days and all of us have a bad day now and then. The secret on those days is to not let it get to you early when things are going wrong and just concentrate on making a good swing. Give it some more time and don't be so hard on yourself. You sound like your like me and get down on yourself if things aren't going well right away during the round. I'd hate to see you give up on something you like so much so quick just because of a bad round.

I can relate with you 10yard. I have thought about going to the sf 2.0, but alas a good swing and hit reinforce the beast driver. Bad days happen, just keep working it. It is still early in the season, you are lucky and have course tested these bad boys!

Are you sure you really want to give up on something that you have been so pumped about. Reading through the tread it sounds as though you have way more good days with it then bad ones. You say that you hit it really well even on your ok days and all of us have a bad day now and then. The secret on those days is to not let it get to you early when things are going wrong and just concentrate on making a good swing. Give it some more time and don't be so hard on yourself. You sound like your like me and get down on yourself if things aren't going well right away during the round. I'd hate to see you give up on something you like so much so quick just because of a bad round.

Your right, i have more good/ok days than really bad ones but its those really bad ones that something more forgiving would really help, Ya know i could always come back to it later on but im not gonna limit myself to just the R11 with all the great drivers out this, it will all work out, im sure. Just need a little more help for tough days

Your right, i have more good/ok days than really bad ones but its those really bad ones that something more forgiving would really help, Ya know i could always come back to it later on but im not gonna limit myself to just the R11 with all the great drivers out this, it will all work out, im sure. Just need a little more help for tough days

Ok, fair enough. Good luck in your search. :act-up:

I played today and only hit my R11 7 - wood one time but that one time was nuked. The little sucker just will not go down quietly. I will take it back out tomorrow as it is working hard to compete with my 3 - hybrid. It has me confused :confused2:. I have a tournament this Friday and will have to choose between the 7 - wood and a 3 hybrid. Interesting to see which one makes the bag.

I played today and only hit my R11 7 - wood one time but that one time was nuked. The little sucker just will not go down quietly. I will take it back out tomorrow as it is working hard to compete with my 3 - hybrid. It has me confused :confused2:. I have a tournament this Friday and will have to choose between the 7 - wood and a 3 hybrid. Interesting to see which one makes the bag.

Nice, at least its putting up a fight, my driver kinda laid down and died on me lol. Interested to see what you play friday.

That's a shame 10....to bad it doesn't work for you but once something is in your head it's hard to get it out of your head....if it means finding something that works for your game better then it's what needs to happen
Well guys im back from my round and have some bad news, On days my swing is on or just ok the R11 treats me great, i hit it very well those days, on days like today where my swing is completely gone the R11 is just beating me into the ground, im admitting defeat on this one, i just need a little more forgivness and spin, i just dont think i have the swing speed for this driver on the days im not playing as good, im only a 8cap so i have more than a few of those days lol. It kills me to do this cause i love everything about this driver except how punishing it is on bad swing days. Guess im back to looking for a driver, the R11 with RIP BETA goes for 649.99 new so im thinking 450 is a fair price to ask, plus it comes with the Blur shaft as well as the RIP BETA. Im really kicking my self in the butt for this, i dont think i will ever love the looks of a driver as much as this one but i gotta be realistic and have something thats not gonna punish me so bad. This sucks but ill be happy to have my driving game back.

Nice, at least its putting up a fight, my driver kinda laid down and died on me lol. Interested to see what you play friday.

Like Hanks said sometimes it's not in the cards. You will find something that fits your swing and puts you in your personal comfort zone.

That's a shame 10....to bad it doesn't work for you but once something is in your head it's hard to get it out of your head....if it means finding something that works for your game better then it's what needs to happen

i agree, it wasnt all the R11, my swing had allot to do with it but i just needed something to help on those bad days, and ya it was in my head BIG TIME that i couldnt hit the R11 after that round. No worries, zstar is ordered. Im excited

i agree, it wasnt all the R11, my swing had allot to do with it but i just needed something to help on those bad days, and ya it was in my head BIG TIME that i couldnt hit the R11 after that round. No worries, zstar is ordered. Im excited

I havent hit the Z-star yet, whats it boasting?

I havent hit the Z-star yet, whats it boasting?

me either lol, took a chance. So gray what do you think will make it in the bag for friday?

me either lol, took a chance. So gray what do you think will make it in the bag for friday?

thats some balls, I love it!!

I gotta head up north for the holiday weekend but Im going to try and sneek over to golf galaxy and try my hand at these new fancy drivers

Good question my friend. I have a 4 hybrid that I can hit well off the sidehill/downhill lies which was my main concern with the 7 - wood. The 7 - wood has not won my confidence in the hilly lie department quite yet. I will game the R11 7 - wood tomorrow, leaving the 3 - hybrid out of the bag and maybe the little FW will shine.

Good question my friend. I have a 4 hybrid that I can hit well off the sidehill/downhill lies which was my main concern with the 7 - wood. The 7 - wood has not won my confidence in the hilly lie department quite yet. I will game the R11 7 - wood tomorrow, leaving the 3 - hybrid out of the bag and maybe the little FW will shine.

Gotcha, so if it shines tomorrow it will probably be in the bag for friday? Also guess it depends on how hilly the course your playing is

Gotcha, so if it shines tomorrow it will probably be in the bag for friday? Also guess it depends on how hilly the course your playing is

Yep the hilly lies are where my hybrids are a bit easier to manage. I suppose the shorter length gives me that extra confidence.

After regripping the R11 driver with a New Decade Midsize Multi-Compound on Saturday (white/black of course), I headed back out to the range yesterday for a session that was as much a grip demo as it was working on anything in particular. Due to the harder grip than the squishy Winns I'd been using, I could really tell that I was gripping the club far too tightly with the right hand. With that thought, I made some adjustments to my grip pressure, and the swing just started clicking.

Specifically, with the R11, I took some of the advise in this thread, and started teeing the ball a bit higher and moved it up in my stance so that I could hit the ball up the face further. With those things in place, I started making much better contact and hit some terrific shots with the R11. I finally get to take my practice to the course again this Saturday, which will be the first round with the R11. We shall see what happens, but I certainly feel much better with it after each practice session.

Man, if that is not a photoshop special...that is sweet looking.

exactly what i was thinking, maybe photoshop maybe not, who knows, i was thinking they would be crazy going away from the white, especially with how hard they marketed it

Back