Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

I'm a fan of this show, despite the sometimes awful commentary/hosting. Looks like it is going to be a decent cast. I hope Whyte brings out the rastafarian.

Looking forward to this. While I agree with Smalls and would rather see women I just hope they get rid of the made up drama garbage and get back to the competition.

Of course I'll be watching this, no matter how bad it is, there's not much else during the summertime to watch on TV. I will say that the commercials haven't made me all that excited about it, but I'll give it a shot. Also, the bios listed here make it seem like they were going for good stories...better for TV, not as good for the quality of golf.

I agree with dolphin, not much else to be watching and TGC will rerun these to death so everyone one has the opportunity to see all of the shows multiple times. And yes the ladies are usually more interesting and much easier to watch.

Am I wrong or does this look like a generally more experienced and potentially more competent Big Break group of contestants than what we are used to seeing?

While i think that not having the gal, guy thing will offer up fewer opportunities for "drama" I am sure the show banks on some amount of drama being part of its attraction. So I would not bet on it being eliminated.

Wow, this thread has already partly blown up and we're still almost a month away from it starting!

Really looking forward to a new season of Big Break.

Of course I'll be watching this, no matter how bad it is, there's not much else during the summertime to watch on TV. I will say that the commercials haven't made me all that excited about it, but I'll give it a shot. Also, the bios listed here make it seem like they were going for good stories...better for TV, not as good for the quality of golf.

I'm right there with ya. The commercials have not done it much justice I don't think. But I will still watch, I am a big fan of the BB. LOVED the last season, but probably more so with the eye candy than the golf.

We need a THPer on that show at some point!

+1000! That would be awesome.

Can't wait to see Tom Abbott's commentary right into Stephanie Sparks' face from 2 inches away.

He reminds me of Bill Hader doing some SNL skit...

will def tune in on this, as i always love bb

I do really like this show, but I still wish they would go back to the original format of the "average Joe" golfers for one season.

right on, I find it was easier to root for an average joe

Robert Floyd (35, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) - The most experienced competitor on Big Break Indian Wells, Floyd is the son of Hall-of-Famer Raymond Floyd. Robert has competed in more than 30 PGA TOUR and Nationwide Tour events over the past the past 15 years, but has yet to achieve similar success as his father.

Played many rounds with young Mr Floyd back at the CC of Miami in the late 90s. he had a wealth of talent back then just not a great deal between the ears. I hope he does well. He was long back then, should be a good show.

Sounds like it should be a very interesting season, can't wait to watch. Now if I could only find it now that Time Warner Cable changed all the channels!!!

Sounds like it should be a very interesting season, can't wait to watch. Now if I could only find it now that Time Warner Cable changed all the channels!!!

I'm still trying to figure it out too! At least everything we have set up to record is still there, and on the correct new channel!

I hate that they cancelled The Golf Channel on Sky in the UK. Used to love watching Big Break!! Will have to try to acquire these when they get shown over in the US!!

I'm still trying to figure it out too! At least everything we have set up to record is still there, and on the correct new channel!

Yeah I saw that at lunch, I was a little worried I was going to have a lot of work on my hands!!!

Love the big break. Unfortunately. I don't get golf channel!

Haven't missed a season yet, such a good show.

Sounds like this could be a great season. I can't wait to see guys calling each other out

Watched every season. Like the sound of the changes they've made. Would like to see more of the average joe style rather than the almost got there's. Maybe its the birds of a feather thing... 'course I really like the gals from last year also.
This season is also a lot more interesting as I've played both courses quite a few times.

Thank god, finally something to cleanse my mind of that Pipe Dream trash that the GC tricked me into watching.

Sara Brown has been my favorite personality from the big break shows. Guess I'll check out the first few episodes to see if it's worth following this one.

Thank god, finally something to cleanse my mind of that Pipe Dream trash that the GC tricked me into watching.

I couldn't agree more dude! I love TBB, and I love how this season is set up.

I couldn't agree more dude! I love TBB, and I love how this season is set up.

Yeah no doubt, reading about the set up really has me excited for the start of this season. I love the show anyways so any kind of improvment is just a bonus for me.

Everyone seems bummed out there wont be sexy ladies on this one, but as a married man, this will make my watching of the show a little easier as I won't have to field the "are you just watching this for the women?" questions every time I watch.

Everyone seems bummed out there wont be sexy ladies on this one, but as a married man, this will make my watching of the show a little easier as I won't have to field the "are you just watching this for the women?" questions every time I watch.

I guess I'm the lucky one. The wife actually looked forward to BB with the ladies. Gave me a great excuse to keep up with it!!!

Back