TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Driver Review

Nice writeup mate, very thorough. It's bonkers to me that people walk right by this to the R11, this driver is simply a winner.

The shaft length is way to big for me to consistently hit the sweet spot but if someone else can do it, it's hard to go wrong.

glad it helped you!! right now i am not getting along with mine at all!!!

Solid review buddy! I really like the shape of this vs. previous versions and the crown design certainly helps with alignment. I do have reservations about swinging a driver with a shaft as long as this but I still want to give it a go at the THP Outing....
At first I was hesitant about the length of the shaft, but that allowed me to choke up just a shade and I think that helps me with hitting it straighter.

Nice review Jason. I'll admit, I definitely had my eyes on the R11 instead of the Burner Superfast 2.0 for my Morgan Cup driver, but your review has me thinking about the Burner Superfast 2.0 now! I have to get my spin rate down, I noticed yesterday when I was hitting my Supertri that I was barely getting any roll at all at the end of my drives, that's not a good thing. 2 questions: did your reduce your spin rate by 1100 rpm, or was the spin rate 1100 rpm overall? If it's 1100 rpm overall, that seems really low, but I wanted to check. Also, what did you think about the weight of the shaft, did it throw your tempo off at all? Again, thanks for the great review!
The day I was on the launch monitor I hit 40 balls and my average side spin rate was 1100 rpm, I was blown away. I've always seen numbers in the upper 2k or low 3k range, not 1100! The weight of the shaft and club overall is much lighter than what I've used before but really I was able to get used to it early on and now the only time I notice any issues is if I'm testing the BSF 2.0 side by side with a different (heavier) driver. Otherwise it's all good to me!

Nice review Jason, now is there any chance of getting a comparrison between this and the TP version of the BSF 2.0?

Thanks, Tim

stop posting comments on this club, my wife will kill me if I go out and make another golf purchase :)

Another great write up. Commence salivation of BSF 2.0.

Nice review Jason, now is there any chance of getting a comparrison between this and the TP version of the BSF 2.0?

Thanks, Tim
There will be one at the THP Demo Day, I'll be sure to hit it and have a little write up in the appropriate thread when those go up after the outing.

stop posting comments on this club, my wife will kill me if I go out and make another golf purchase :)

haha Ive been pondering this club myself. I loved the SF 1.0 and it just seems natural to like this one.

haha Ive been pondering this club myself. I loved the SF 1.0 and it just seems natural to like this one.
The 2.0 is more pleasing to the eye than the original for me. I was never real fond of that dual crown thing they had going on but despite that I did actually like the way the club performed. Now they've really nailed it with the BSF 2.0 as far as I'm concerned.

It'll be at the THP Demo for ya Kevin, knock it around some and see what you think.

The 2.0 is more pleasing to the eye than the original for me. I was never real fond of that dual crown thing they had going on but despite that I did actually like the way the club performed. Now they've really nailed it with the BSF 2.0 as far as I'm concerned.

It'll be at the THP Demo for ya Kevin, knock it around some and see what you think.

Thanks man, I'll definitely be looking to hit this one. They had a used one at GG one day and by the next time I went in it was already gone. I pondered it briefly.

I dont think I ever hit the 1.0, I had the ol 07 Burner and LOVED it, traded it in for my R9 as I was caught up in the moment of a good deal and have regretted doing so ever since

Great review. I got to hit one of these at the Greater Madison Golf show and at first I thought it was way too light, but I was hitting everything dead straight and it was fairly effortless. Really might have to consider going into further debt for one of these.

god i want to love my 2.0 as much as i love my 2.0 4 wood!!!

Superfast 2.0 question - non-TP head with TP shaft (HD6)

Superfast 2.0 question - non-TP head with TP shaft (HD6)

So I switched out my Superfast TP 2.0 head with a non-TP head since I was missing most everything right. Ironically, the non-TP head also missed right (yes, I know it's a closed face)....The weird thing is that today after trying to go after a few drives and going right I slowed my swing down a bit and put the ball right down the middle. I never really tried this with the TP head but wondering now if I should go back to it and just not go after it as much for some added rollout. I play a stiff shaft in the HD6. Am I missing something?

So I switched out my Superfast TP 2.0 head with a non-TP head since I was missing most everything right. Ironically, the non-TP head also missed right (yes, I know it's a closed face)....The weird thing is that today after trying to go after a few drives and going right I slowed my swing down a bit and put the ball right down the middle. I never really tried this with the TP head but wondering now if I should go back to it and just not go after it as much for some added rollout. I play a stiff shaft in the HD6. Am I missing something?

Nah man, youre not missing anything! Most likely youre making better contact with the ball on the center of the face. I have the 2.0 TP and I feel that when I give it 110% i tend to push the ball right. Its all about sequencing your swing, timing everything (hands, hips, arms) just right. When you swing faster the harder it is to control. stick with the more controlled swing and the non-tp head if its working!

I would say a lesson, or a fitting or both at the same time. I'm sure you've thought of this though.

Nah man, youre not missing anything! Most likely youre making better contact with the ball on the center of the face. I have the 2.0 TP and I feel that when I give it 110% i tend to push the ball right. Its all about sequencing your swing, timing everything (hands, hips, arms) just right. When you swing faster the harder it is to control. stick with the more controlled swing and the non-tp head if its working!

The oddest part was that when I did miss right with this head I came up VERY short. My misses with the TP head were short but not like this. What is the main difference between the two heads? lower spinning in the TP, I would have to say.

I thought the only difference was in the open/closed position. Of course a closed position, (draw), would favor less back-spin. Correct?

I thought the only difference was in the open/closed position. Of course a closed position, (draw), would favor less back-spin. Correct?

Generally, yes however the TP head is a lower spinning head. The non-TP head is a higher spinning head which is why it's better suited for most amateurs (most people actually need some extra spin for ball flight).

I bought this driver not long ago and it has been the best driver I've ever hit. I definitely picked up at least 15 yards with it. They had a Callaway demo day at my course a few weeks back and I put it head to head with the new Razr Hawk from Callaway. I was hitting both of them straight, but the Callaway wasn't even close in distance to the 2.0. I've had several friends that I play with and before we were fairly close in drive distances, but now I'm constantly putting it past them.

what kind of extra distance were you seeing compared to the Razr Hawk?
I bought this driver not long ago and it has been the best driver I've ever hit. I definitely picked up at least 15 yards with it. They had a Callaway demo day at my course a few weeks back and I put it head to head with the new Razr Hawk from Callaway. I was hitting both of them straight, but the Callaway wasn't even close in distance to the 2.0. I've had several friends that I play with and before we were fairly close in drive distances, but now I'm constantly putting it past them.

im hoping I can get away this weekend and try this club out, very intrigued now

Bumping for Bridges.

Bumping for Bridges.

Hahaha...

I loved this driver to be quite honest and it really surprises me more haven't gone with this. Really forgiving and it was long.

Back