The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I need to start hitting it longer just to have the smallest chance of success at Reunion. Think we'll get much roll there? I might need a little roll to be competitive.

Kevin

Looks like I need to start hitting it longer just to have the smallest chance of success at Reunion. Think we'll get much roll there? I might need a little roll to be competitive.

Kevin

I think there will plenty of roll. I think there will be so much roll that the long knockers could be in trouble. Yeah, that's it, too much roll.

Btw, I don't believe you for one second.

Kevin

I don't believe you for a second, I think you are fueled by cheese and potatoes and can hit the ball further than most.

Kevin
Even hitting it longer won't be the answer against these guys, haven't you heard them dude? They're amazingly accurate, they're long and they never miss putts. Oh and they've all got the mental fortitude of a 2000/2001 version of Tiger Woods. They're amazing. All of them are just amazing to me.

Wait...check that. All of them run their mouth too much, that's what it is. I can't wait to start picking them off one by one starting with the outing. Once these heroes start losing that should shut them up in a real hurry.

Even hitting it longer won't be the answer against these guys, haven't you heard them dude? They're amazingly accurate, they're long and they never miss putts. Oh and they've all got the mental fortitude of a 2000/2001 version of Tiger Woods. They're amazing. All of them are just amazing to me.

Wait...check that. All of them run their mouth too much, that's what it is. I can't wait to start picking them off one by one starting with the outing. Once these heroes start losing that should shut them up in a real hurry.

The only way you're going to be able to do that is to start Hanksing balls into our ankles after you realize you don't have a shot.

I don't believe you for a second, I think you are fueled by cheese and potatoes and can hit the ball further than most.

Not the case, unfortunately, but I'm going to work on it. I have been known to hit a green or two. I also have a long standing policy regarding bunkers, water hazards, and long rough. I don't bother them, and they don't bother me.

Kevin

The only way you're going to be able to do that is to start Hanksing balls into our ankles after you realize you don't have a shot.
Keep thinking that cb.....I love the confidence you guys have. Well until day 1 hole 2 or so I guess, that is if the practice round and seeing us in action on the driving range doesn't do you in first.

i keep going back and forth between the burner tours and the penta. The numbers at my bridgestone fitting showed that i wasnt compressing it enough - but im not sold on the burner tours performance around the greens. If i lose 5-10 yards off the tee with the penta - im ok with that - the feel on and around the green is where this thing is going to be won. Especially if we are not playing from the tips.

i keep going back and forth between the burner tours and the penta. The numbers at my bridgestone fitting showed that i wasnt compressing it enough - but im not sold on the burner tours performance around the greens. If i lose 5-10 yards off the tee with the penta - im ok with that - the feel on and around the green is where this thing is going to be won. Especially if we are not playing from the tips.

I have been hitting Penta's for a couple weeks now, but found a Burner TP in the woods the other day. I tried it out for a few holes and was hitting it quite well. It was definitely longer than the Penta, but short game control was lacking. I haven't tried the Burner Tour yet, but may give it a try. There is a demo day near me tomorrow with the b-stone fitting crew there. I had been hoping to make it there for a ball fitting, but it looks like I will be working late.

You didnt, but I sure as hell had him believing you did. hahaha.

bad one-t!

No one played well - there was 40+ mph winds - and i bet those gusts were close to 50. Other than sucking it up putting - approaches were impossible. I thought you were going to hit the pin on that par 3 - yet came up 2 clubs short?

we're going to be just fine in a month. Roll off the driver? havent seen it yet lol. We're just not as lucky as those southerners with the nice year round golf seasons!

The numbers at my bridgestone fitting showed that i wasnt compressing it enough...

Try hitting it harder.

Kevin

I haven't played the Burner Tour yet, but I've played the Penta for a while. I do feel like I sometimes give up a little distance off the driver, especially into the wind. Whether that's a ball issue or a driver issue is something that I need to figure out. However, I love the ball around the greens and off the putter, and I agree with cg13 that those shots will be more important for the tournament, so I think I'll stick with the Penta. I may have to test out a sleeve of the Burner Tour balls sometime soon though.

You are wise Kevin! I see that Biggsy lurking, he's back boys!

I would like to personally apologize to JB, GG, Taylormade, Callaway and the other 15 Morgan Cuppers for being away for an extended period of time while I visited my family in San Diego and recharged my batteries. Being that I have Tapatalk in my phone, I don't have any excuse for being away from the forum and for that I apologize.

My vacation to San Diego ended up lasting a little longer than the original week and work obligations swamped me upon my return and I am caught up and now back in the swing of things.

I've been singled out by some folks and it's fair, I deserved it. I needed to see my family and recharge. I'm glad to be back and will be as active as ever. I spent the last hour just catching up with PMs I get about courses and shaft selection from the PX thread. I love to help and provide any knowledge I can offer.

I promoted the Morgan Cup to everyone I could while in California and my uncle (former Touring Pro) is extremely proud that I was selected to be a part of this great event.

I stay away for a little while and my legend grows, thanks for the help!

I'm back and refreshed and better than ever.

Played several rounds in San Diego, hit way too many range balls and got hands on lessons from a former Touring Pro and World Class teacher (one of his students earned his way into the Masters).

I drove a couple of par 4's, missed putts. Guys were more impressed with the tee shot than the fact I hit him. I need my new Taylormade putter to get this putting thing sorted out.

I like California grass, it's EASY to play on.

I hope everyone from Hackers brings their B game, the A game is covered!

There is a lot of funny stuff in here. Keep it up guys, very entertaining!

I stay away for a little while and my legend grows, thanks for the help!

I'm back and refreshed and better than ever.

Played several rounds in San Diego, hit way too many range balls and got hands on lessons from a former Touring Pro and World Class teacher (one of his students earned his way into the Masters).

I drove a couple of par 4's, missed putts. Guys were more impressed with the tee shot than the fact I hit him. I need my new Taylormade putter to get this putting thing sorted out.

I like California grass, it's EASY to play on.

I hope everyone from Hackers brings their B game, the A game is covered!
Welcome back Capt! Don't worry about what the bums from Hackers, they're really good at running their mouth, not so good at golf. But that's what they do and we have put up with them.

We're glad to have you back Biggsy, nothing better than a nice break to see family and recharge.

Welcome back Capt! Don't worry about what the bums from Hackers, they're really good at running their mouth, not so good at golf. But that's what they do and we have put up with them.

We're glad to have you back Biggsy, nothing better than a nice break to see family and recharge.

broken-record.jpg

welcome back biggsy! looking forward to following your banter here again...
I would like to personally apologize to JB, GG, Taylormade, Callaway and the other 15 Morgan Cuppers for being away for an extended period of time while I visited my family in San Diego and recharged my batteries. Being that I have Tapatalk in my phone, I don't have any excuse for being away from the forum and for that I apologize.

My vacation to San Diego ended up lasting a little longer than the original week and work obligations swamped me upon my return and I am caught up and now back in the swing of things.

I've been singled out by some folks and it's fair, I deserved it. I needed to see my family and recharge. I'm glad to be back and will be as active as ever. I spent the last hour just catching up with PMs I get about courses and shaft selection from the PX thread. I love to help and provide any knowledge I can offer.

I promoted the Morgan Cup to everyone I could while in California and my uncle (former Touring Pro) is extremely proud that I was selected to be a part of this great event.

Truth hurts TC I know, I should save that image and use it every time your team says stuff like "we play outside" shouldn't I?

Maybe, but why don't you tell me what you did over the weekend again dude. And didn't Esox just post about how it's sleeting where he is? You guys tell us about your crap hole weather.

BTW, I golfed over the weekend, at a ridiculously tough course back home, and shot a 73! Enjoy your treadmill snow bird.

Nothing like coming back with double post!! haha. Welcome back Biggsy, good to see you around and doing well. Hawk was about to steal your seat bro you came back just in time.

This course?

Spoiler
DD_hole18.jpg

Maybe, but why don't you tell me what you did over the weekend again dude. And didn't Esox just post about how it's sleeting where he is? You guys tell us about your crap hole weather.

BTW, I golfed over the weekend, at a ridiculously tough course back home, and shot a 73! Enjoy your treadmill snow bird.

It rained and was crappy all weekend, so I did what I could to prepare. Really not much I can do about the weather I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back