Steve Jobs Is Watching You

Im not speaking for me. Being on the internet and taking my information without notifying me are two different things. Its about rights. List it in the TOS and then there are no problems. Hide and not say a thing about this and keep tabs on my purchased devices...WRONG IN EVERY WAY!

I'm speaking in general as well. You don't think that internet providers do the same thing as well? If you look back at the privacy policy for iOS4 when it came out you'll see by agreeing to put it on your phone you are agreeing to them collecting data. So it is in there.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/ios-4-privacy-policy-updated-apple-can-anonymously-collect-loca/

Dont you guys think the cell networks already track your every location? They know which tower your phone is transmitting to, and of course they are storing that info to mine the data for their use (which towers have the most users, etc).

Now if they sell this data to a company and I dont know (or authorize it), then I have an issue with it.

Dont you think the golf GPS apps on your phone are keeping track of which courses you use? Of course they are, they want to know where their users are and where they are not.

Even if it was in the T&C, what % of people read them line by line? Not many, in my opinion.

I do. Lol. Not trying to be an Apple but I really do. Usually just for the fees and whatnot though.

Exactly! At least you're honest OEM.

Who the hell reads all the fine print in a phone contract anyway? I've never even remotely began to.

Never read it and never will. This will be brushed under the rug with an update to better hide it so no one finds it next time. When does that iPhone5 come out anyway?

Haha, you're so brand loyal. I'm surprised you don't have a sig full of Titleist equipment.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

This is just a case of someone finally getting caught and of course its Apple which people just love. I bet this happens more then any of us know and we certainly cant do a thing about it.

released in July/August of 2012 and released in Sept 2012 mi amigo

Never read it and never will. This will be brushed under the rug with an update to better hide it so no one finds it next time. When does that iPhone5 come out anyway?

I'm speaking in general as well. You don't think that internet providers do the same thing as well? If you look back at the privacy policy for iOS4 when it came out you'll see by agreeing to put it on your phone you are agreeing to them collecting data. So it is in there.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/ios-4-privacy-policy-updated-apple-can-anonymously-collect-loca/

Collecting data and leaving it unencrypted are two different things! Collecting data for use and keeping track in a phone file without any way to delete or access that file while it is unencrypted are very different things in my opinion.

This is just a case of someone finally getting caught and of course its Apple which people just love. I bet this happens more then any of us know and we certainly cant do a thing about it.

I love this kind of reasoning.

"It prolly happens elsewhere"

Say it doesnt matter to you or say it shouldnt matter, but to suggest that others do it in this capacity with no proof of it whatsoever is frankly wrong.

I disagree with the first part. Granted I have never stalked someone nor have I been stalked but with the way technology is today I find it hard to believe that someone wouldn't use those resources to stalk a person.

For me, the part that scares me is knowing when I am not home. That's why I hate programs like 4square. I don't want someone to know I am not home so they can come rob me. I have read so many stories about this exact thing happening because people share on twitter that they are out of town or out to dinner or where ever and they get robbed.
But you have to understand that it isn't easily attainable as they make you think. The normal joe shmoe isn't going to be able to access it. It takes digging and computer hacking knowledge to attain it.

sorry but with that viewpoint, one may as well stay in the house, lock the doors, close the windows and never go outside. Or live off the grid if that's even possible any more.

also, information is more attainable every day whether one pays for it or not. If info is out there, its attainable. Cyber stalker don't stalk the old fashioned way when it's more convenient to do so thanks to technology. That's why they're called cyber stalkers and not just stalkers
But that's my point, everyone is going to pretty much keep themselves under home arrest?

And yes cyber stalkers can get hold of this info, but an ordinary stalker isn't going to know how to get this info.

But you have to understand that it isn't easily attainable as they make you think. The normal joe shmoe isn't going to be able to access it. It takes digging and computer hacking knowledge to attain it.

But that's my point, everyone is going to pretty much keep themselves under home arrest?

And yes cyber stalkers can get hold of this info, but an ordinary stalker isn't going to know how to get this info.

You know way too much about stalking.....should I be worried? I am TOTALLY kidding! I was just trying to lighten the mood.

Not trying to be rude here but its not like a Stalker couldnt get someone to get this info. Stalkers usually aren't right of mind and I've seen it first hand. Stalkers don't have limits.

Collecting data and leaving it unencrypted are two different things! Collecting data for use and keeping track in a phone file without any way to delete or access that file while it is unencrypted are very different things in my opinion.

But you need to understand they can collect your information as long as you agree to it, but they don't have to tell you how they will store it. Now I am not saying that they should leave it unencrypted, that's just wrong on every level. Every bit of info I have on my computers is locked down.

I just watched the video of the guys that discovered this discussing it. If someone finds my phone and is smart enough to do everything needed to track me, I would assume they could track me by hacking my laptop or home computer. Now that these guys have made an app to track these locations it has become easier. If you password protect your phone could someone still access this information?

You know way too much about stalking.....should I be worried? I am TOTALLY kidding! I was just trying to lighten the mood.

Lol!

No, seriously, look out your window. Do you see me?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

released in July/August of 2012 and released in Sept 2012 mi amigo

I believe it is actually being released in September of this year.

But you need to understand they can collect your information as long as you agree to it, but they don't have to tell you how they will store it. Now I am not saying that they should leave it unencrypted, that's just wrong on every level. Every bit of info I have on my computers is locked down.

It is wrong on every level. Its an unencrypted file no matter how hard it is to come by.

And now that it is discovered it will not be that hard to come by with in 7 days.

Haha no my problem is I know way too much about computers for my own good. You never know I could be stalking you right now. LOOK BEHIND YOU! :wavey:
Not trying to be rude here but its not like a Stalker couldnt get someone to get this info. Stalkers usually aren't right of mind and I've seen it first hand. Stalkers don't have limits.
Oh definitely no doubt they could, but like you said stalkers usually aren't in the right frame of mind and won't even think of getting the info from someone else because their mind is on knowing where this person is at all times.

JB - Go look around your garage, you might have some THPers stalking your shoe collection :alien2:

It is wrong on every level. Its an unencrypted file no matter how hard it is to come by.

And now that it is discovered it will not be that hard to come by with in 7 days.

Exactly. Now guaranteed there will be an iOS update in the very near future now that Apple knows of the situation.

this scares me. i am uncomfortable with someone tracking my movements. just think of all the awful things that could happen. i can only imagine the damage all those stops at the quick mart would cause once it got out

Not in my experience. I mean don't get me wrong Ill make stalker jokes and all but I guess unless you've been there it's hard to really wrap your head around what they'll do.

Haha no my problem is I know way too much about computers for my own good. You never know I could be stalking you right now. LOOK BEHIND YOU! :wavey:

Oh definitely no doubt they could, but like you said stalkers usually aren't in the right frame of mind and won't even think of getting the info from someone else because their mind is on knowing where this person is at all times.

The part in bold is the part I have serious issues with. At least make it as secure as possible.

Wouldn't Apple have know all along?

Exactly. Now guaranteed there will be an iOS update in the very near future now that Apple knows of the situation.

You dont think they knew about this previously? Really?

The part in bold is the part I have serious issues with. At least make it as secure as possible.

That is my biggest issue. Just say in the TOS that we keep a record of where you are going in a file on your phone and I have no issues. But this is not good.

Back