Ecco Street Premier Golf Shoes-Review

At least you can attempt to get them, they don't make my size. Dumb Europeans, don't they know some of us Americans have big feet and play more than basketball? :D

Now that's some funny sh*t there dude!

At least you can attempt to get them, they don't make my size. Dumb Europeans, don't they know some of us Americans have big feet and play more than basketball? :D

Lets not go there please. Whether a smiley is there or not, there is no reason to take the chance of offending people this way.

I know this thread is a year old, but rather than start a new one, I figured I'd ask in here. Can the reviewer, or anyone else comment on their long-term opinion of the shoe? I'm really interested in picking up a pair for combo golf/range/casual wear and I'm wondering how they hold up over time. Specifically, how well does the support hold up, and how well does the sole tread hold up?

Cheers,
C

That would be me....I absolutely love these shoes. They are what I wear exclusively to the range and never once have my feet ever been tired. They are great shoes because you never know that you have them on. Word of caution though, definitely try them on first. Sizing with these can be tricky and I'd suggest wearing a thicker pair of socks if possible because when these get broken in, they will stretch slightly.

I know this thread is a year old, but rather than start a new one, I figured I'd ask in here. Can the reviewer, or anyone else comment on their long-term opinion of the shoe? I'm really interested in picking up a pair for combo golf/range/casual wear and I'm wondering how they hold up over time. Specifically, how well does the support hold up, and how well does the sole tread hold up?

Cheers,
C

Thanks Hanks! That was the kind of response I was looking for. I tried a pair of these on a few months ago and noticed the sizing troubles. The Golfsmith near me didn't have a size small enough for me. Fortunately, they now carry lower sizes, since these shoes seem to run really big. I normally wear a 10 and the ones that seem to fit best are 42, which translates to 8-1/2 or so according to the box.

Glad to hear they are holding up for you!

I am definitely going to have a pair of these once they have my size in stock! I love the comfortable look these shoes ooze :eek:)... Got to have me some!
I picked up a pair of the Ecco Streets yesterday, not Premiere's...a different foot bed and a tad more expensive, but everything else is the same...and walked 18 with them today. The most comfortable golf shoe I've ever had.

I bought a pair Street Premiers, sepia/bison (brown) from JacksGolf, an ebay retailer, for $89 + $12 shipping. They are $140 in all the golf shops I have been to. I agree with Hanks review that they are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. I play early morning golf and so far have had no slipping issues on wet grass. They do not grab as well as spikes but are OK. It is cool to be able to wear the to the course and after the round is done. Sizing runs little larger than your usual shoe size so I tried a pair on at Golfsmith first to make sure they fit. I wear a size 8 and got the 8 / 8.5s. They are waterproof, I saw some reviews that said they are not. These are not for every occasion but are very comfortable.

I've also noticed no wear on the 'spikes' yet either. Super quality and I'm looking to get a pair in black as well

Thanks Hanks! That was the kind of response I was looking for. I tried a pair of these on a few months ago and noticed the sizing troubles. The Golfsmith near me didn't have a size small enough for me. Fortunately, they now carry lower sizes, since these shoes seem to run really big. I normally wear a 10 and the ones that seem to fit best are 42, which translates to 8-1/2 or so according to the box.

Glad to hear they are holding up for you!

I bought a pair Street Premiers, sepia/bison (brown) from JacksGolf, an ebay retailer, for $89 + $12 shipping. They are $140 in all the golf shops I have been to. I agree with Hanks review that they are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. I play early morning golf and so far have had no slipping issues on wet grass. They do not grab as well as spikes but are OK. It is cool to be able to wear the to the course and after the round is done. Sizing runs little larger than your usual shoe size so I tried a pair on at Golfsmith first to make sure they fit. I wear a size 8 and got the 8 / 8.5s. They are waterproof, I saw some reviews that said they are not. These are not for every occasion but are very comfortable.

I tried these on and was amazed at the comfort and can imagine only helping during an 18 hole round. I would be interested in more opinions on the long term wear as well for the soles. While I typically only expect two years or so out of a pair of golf shoes, for 140.00 would not expect anything less than that. Do the soles (nubs) really hold up for that long? figuring 30-40 rounds...

I've had mine for over a year now and have worn them to hit outdoors, indoors, grass, turf, etc. Haven't seen a speck of wear on the soles of these as of yet.
I tried these on and was amazed at the comfort and can imagine only helping during an 18 hole round. I would be interested in more opinions on the long term wear as well for the soles. While I typically only expect two years or so out of a pair of golf shoes, for 140.00 would not expect anything less than that. Do the soles (nubs) really hold up for that long? figuring 30-40 rounds...

I've had mine for over a year now and have worn them to hit outdoors, indoors, grass, turf, etc. Haven't seen a speck of wear on the soles of these as of yet.

Love it! I'm getting more and more excited about these shoes now. Sheesh, I sound like a girl now.. !

Sorry one final question.... I understand these are not waterproof, as a "dew-sweeper" are my feet going to get soaked? Can I apply a waterproofing agent to help the cause?

Sorry one final question.... I understand these are not waterproof, as a "dew-sweeper" are my feet going to get soaked? Can I apply a waterproofing agent to help the cause?

wondering the same thing!

I play early morning golf so mine see the heavy dew alot. No moisture getting to my socks so far. I have walked three rounds and rode one round. The "suede" material on the toe and heel is holding up fine. I am seriously considering a second pair.

Thanks. That helps a lot!!!

Just won a set on ebay. I have somewhat unusual intentions for mine though. I ordered them for walking shoes for when we are in Italy and then to use as casual golf shoes once we get back. I like the style of them and that they can be multi-purposed. I just didn't want another pair of trainers and these fit the bill.

Hi - my first post here, looks like a great site!

I just wanted to comment on the longevity of the soles on these, seeing as a few have been asking. Mine are a year old now and I wear them to the golf course as well as on it. I was initially dubious as to how long they would last, but I gave them a clean today and had a good look at the soles - to my surprise, they are showing hardly any signs of wear at all, much better than any normal shoes I own. I guess that walking on grass is the secret!

I have two pairs of them. They are very comfortable and work great on the course, however I also have a pair of TRUE links and I find they are more comfortable but don't look as good because the toe area is really wide. I also like how the ecco's come in multiple colors.

Sidenote, you can see Vijay wearing the ecco's this season.

as long as you're not walking through massive amounts of water your feet should be fine. No different than a regular pair of sneakers

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Thread redemption here but I'm thinking of picking up the ones w/ spikes for $39.99. Anybody have long time experience with these? Thoughts?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Thread redemption here but I'm thinking of picking up the ones w/ spikes for $39.99. Anybody have long time experience with these? Thoughts?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Call me a little confused, but I didn't know they made these with spikes???

Ok. I bought a pair of these a few weeks ago and here are my findings. I love the comfort, style and performance of these shoes. They grip well and keep my feel well planted so I'm happy about that.
The negatives that I have found is the white rubber areas above the and around the dimpled sole get dirty and stay dirty due to them being made (in my opinion) more of moulded dense foam that hardened rubber so they are already showing premature ageing with cleaning with soap and water making little in-roads to getting them white again. I've also found the painted white coating on the leather is wearing off and starting to show up as grey. I've only played 4 rounds with them so expected more considering the cost of them. That said, I'd like to re-confirm that the performance on the course is great. I just with that they will look great in another 6 Months but doubt it at this rate. Shame!

I just picked up a pair from 6pm.com thanks to DD and the Daily Deal Thread. $60 shipped seemed like a good deal for a sweet pair of brown shoes. I can't wait to get them and walk the course!
1059191-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

ECCO GOLF Street Premiere http://www.6pm.com/ecco-golf-street-...fcTest=mat%3A1

I got my shoes in today, very comfortable, and boy do they look classy, I almost thought about wearing them to work tomorrow before I head to the course. I did put the orange laces in over the stock darks and like the brighter crisp look much better! I'll have some pics and thoughts after tomorrows round.

I walked my first round in these today.

At first they seemed a bit stiff and a bit uncomfortable, but after about 1 hole they were awesome, it's almost like a quick break in period and then were glued to my feet and wrapped them in comfort.

I loved the Orange laces as a good accent.
IMG_1918_zpsb7296d00.jpg

All in all I was highly pleased with how they performed, they did get a bit dirty:
IMG_1919_zps6ec787b5.jpg

I wiped a spot on the toe to show how much dirt they collected, but they seemed to clean up real easy.
IMG_1920_zps68a3d8b7.jpg

The one thing I did like the most about these spikeless shoes is the spike pattern seemed to give me the most control out of any I have worn previously, which is key. I was amazed at how solid my base felt and I didn't' feel like my feet were going to slip at all. I can't wait to wear and walk in them again. I'll have my eye on another pair of eccos, very shortly if I can find black ones I like!!!

Back