What club gives you the most confidence in your bag?

For your first question, which club gives confidence? The club that can give me confidence is the 3 Iron. I may be unconventional in that when I warm up, I start with trying to hit smooth 3I shots. This inspires confidence, if my timing/tempo is good enough to hit the 3I, everything else in the bag will be easy the rest of the day.

For your second question, it is the 60 wedge, if I have a good lie in the fairway, I know I will have a short putt.

I would have to say right now it's my gap wedge! I feel I cant hit a full swing with that club and pin seek every single time! I try to play to that distance on every single par 5, unless I can reach it in two!

Had the 60* bent to 61* which also gave it some extra bounce. I use it from on almost everything from 90 in and it feels like I couldn't hit a bad shot with it if I tried.

I'm going to have to say my 6 Irene is my fav. Club. I know a smooth swing will produce a 187yd shot. I cam work it both ways, high or low. If I need to stretch it to 200+ I can do that...I love my 6!

I like this thread! So cool to see responses all over the map. I guess that points to the mental aspect of golf? For me, it seems as though this club is always changing. Lately it's my 57º sand wedge, based off my last round. That club bailed me out so many times.

Any wedge, PW, 52*, or 58*. I rarely go for par 5's, I just lay up to a wedge yardage and just fire away at the pin.

8 iron, I don't know why, but I love my 8 iron.

9 iron for sure.

I have to go with my 56* wedge. If I'm 100-90 yds out, I know a nice 3/4 swing will be perfect.

well since my teeshots used to be horrendous and i was always in trouble or very far away i got alot of confidence in my 4w... i can clobber that sucker usually farther than my driver

but my fave club in the bag is the 60... i use it for anything inside of 100

Right now, I like my SW, it's my up and down club, it saves me a lot of stroke when I miss greens.

Does the flat stick count? When I have my putter in hand, I feel I can make anything. Not that I will or do but that's how I feel before pulling the trigger.

Does the flat stick count? When I have my putter in hand, I feel I can make anything. Not that I will or do but that's how I feel before pulling the trigger.

definitely counts for me, I wish my putter would be my confidence club

3h and 4h

9 iron. I love my 9 iron. I can kill that thing. And work it. Accurately.

my 4 wood!! love it!!!

Right now I would say my 7 iron 150 yard normal swing.Last year from July until the end of the season my driver, I was hitting every fairway.Right now from the winter break driver is a little shaky.Hope to have it back soon.

Probably my 8 iron, for some reason I love to hit it, and usually the results are good.

My driver at the moment. It used to be one of my biggest struggles, but now even if I take a lazy swing, I find myself not missing the fairway or just ending up in the first cut. It inspires a lot of confidence in my game when I can step up into the tee box and feel good about hitting the fairway.

3W everyday and twice on Sunday.

Cleveland Mashie 5 hybrid is my favorite.

For in-between shots, GW. For full shots, 8-iron. But I have the most fun hitting driver.

I like to hit my 3 wood. It's the second oldest club in my bag, from 2002 or so.

Back