Matching shirts to hats?

MattyKrack17

MattyCaulk AkA DigDug
Reaction score
Handicap
does anybody have to match? like a nike shirt and nike hat, im buying adidas shirts and cant really find any adidas hats to go with, that i like.. i guess playing a ball hat like titleist or bridgestone hat would be ok right? im confused cause evrything i had was puma...

I think you'd be fine rocking a Titleist or Bridgestone hat with whatever shirt you want. Personally, as long as the color and design match the shirt it's fine with me.

I think you'd be fine rocking a Titleist or Bridgestone hat with whatever shirt you want. Personally, as long as the color and design match the shirt it's fine with me.
I'm the same way. I rarely match brands, it's more colors.

thats what i was thinin, as long as its not an adidas shirt and nike hat lol

Rickiiiiieeeeeeee

I'm a color match guy too. Brands not so much.

I wear any golf hat that matches in color not in Brand. My Ny Giants Taylormade hat goes with alot or my Black Nike. I have every color hat to match my shirts. No worries you can pull it off.

now im looking at the adidas belt buckles, $20 isnt bad, and $40 for the belt? lol amazon has belts for $2!!

Same with me. Colors are the key.

thats what i was thinin, as long as its not an adidas shirt and nike hat lol
I mix brands all the time! Colors are more important, imo.

I agree color is the most important...

Color is Key. I do have a ton of Adidas and can from time to time have adidas head to toe; (shoes, socks, shorts, belt, shirt, sunglasses and hat). But that more my OCD over fashion. I just cant go Nike and adidas together.

I like to wear golf company related hats moreso than apparel company hats (not sure if that makes sense or not). I would much rather wear my Pukka, THP, Callaway, Nike, TM, Bstone hats than say a Adidas, Cutter & Buck, Antigua hats. Although I do like my Sligo visor. I don't know, now I'm confused. As long as my hat goes with my outfit then I'm good.

No white before memorial day !!!!

I like to wear golf company related hats moreso than apparel company hats (not sure if that makes sense or not). I would much rather wear my Pukka, THP, Callaway, Nike, TM, Bstone hats than say a Adidas, Cutter & Buck, Antigua hats. Although I do like my Sligo visor. I don't know, now I'm confused. As long as my hat goes with my outfit then I'm good.
That's mainly what I shoot for too.

I think a hat can either match or even provide a cool contrast in color to stand out more as long as it still kinda goes with the outfit.

An example would be if you wore a predominantly dark outfit and wanted to wear a white hat...the white would go yet stand out a little more

Echoing what people have said-

Color matters far more than brand. If you see someone from a distance you can't tell that their hat brand matches the shirt brand- but you can tell that the colors match. If you don't pay any attention to color someone will think you are colorblind and that your wife wrote the wrong colors on the inside of your tags just to spite you.

That was a joke son :laughing:

Perhaps a smiley might be in order since tone is sometimes hard to tell on a forum. Many believe that still to be true.

I don't know what you guys are all talking about with this color stuff. The obvious answer is that you wear your LUCKY hat and your LUCKY shirt, no matter what brand or color they happen to be. :egyptian:

Lol, thanks guys for the input!

+2. I like my hat to match my shirt so I own many of each.

I match hat to shoes and sometimes belt, for the most part anyways. Keep it simple, match accessories.

does anybody have to match? like a nike shirt and nike hat, im buying adidas shirts and cant really find any adidas hats to go with, that i like.. i guess playing a ball hat like titleist or bridgestone hat would be ok right? im confused cause evrything i had was puma...

I'm one of the guys who matches brands whenever possible, HOWEVER I've really got mostly Nike shirts, belt and shoes to start with. So the hat is typically a ball, or club brand and at that point it is definitely about color.

Sadly in High School I hated not wearing matching brands and I was always made fun of for being a walking advertisement. I had full adidas and nike outfits and I wouldn't be caught dead mixing them back then. Times have changed slightly, but because I only have Nike golf shoes I don't typically wear my adidas shirts or hats while golfing... but I will wear my under armour? BAH, I'm a walking double standard nowadays.

Back