Golf Ball Fitting

MattyKrack17

MattyCaulk AkA DigDug
Reaction score
Handicap
just got fitted for a golf ball... this time with my own driver... and guess what i got recommened. sp... Bridgestone B330-RX... go figure.. read so many reviews about them, nothing but good, good bye z star yellows.. sucks they are over $40 a dozen!! :(

You will love them, they are great golf balls, I have been playing them for a couple of years and love everything except the price. I play the e-5 occasionally and it plays as well as you could expect a 2 piece to play, but my gamer is the B-330RX.

im excited to give them a try, and on my printout the z-star was the 9th ball listed, averaging 13 yards less then the rx, ball fitting is the most underrated thing ever!! if you havent i suggest you get fitted!!

I used them in my tournament this week. They are a great ball. I also like the Trispeed Tour which retail for $29.99. I have bought the RX from the website Bridges listed above. Much cheaper for sure.

Where did you get fitted at?

There is a golf galaxy close to my office, I've been thinking about doing this myself.

Congrats on getting fit Matty....ball fitting is arguably the most important fitting one can do for their game

If you're a Golf Galaxy or a Dicks Sporting Goods, wouldn't you always fit a player for the most expensive ball possible?

If you're a Golf Galaxy or a Dicks Sporting Goods, wouldn't you always fit a player for the most expensive ball possible?

No, that wouldn't be good business. The profit margins are not always higher on the more expensive items.

And besides, they could get caught recomending the wrong ball to a customer that knows which ball is best for him/her.

There was only 4 premium balls on the list of ten

just got fitted for a golf ball... this time with my own driver... and guess what i got recommened. sp... Bridgestone B330-RX... go figure.. read so many reviews about them, nothing but good, good bye z star yellows.. sucks they are over $40 a dozen!! :(

The B330-RX (white or yellow) are $42.99 around me. The Z-Stars (whire or yellow) are all $39.99. Only a few bucks. If it fits better I think a few bucks is worth it. For the cost of a cup of Starbucks you get a better ball for your game. I'll take that.

Do they include the most recent versions of the ProVs and such in the list of balls?

I don't know if its the new ones but the pro v 1 was third on the list behinf the bs and callaway tour I

I learned from the Bridgestone website that there was a ball fitting scheduled at a local Golftec, so I made an appointment and got ball fitted last week. I used my own driver and hit indoors into a net. Two bridgestone tech guys did the fitting. They had their own launch monitor and sleeves of pretty much every golf ball you could imagine to test vs Bridgestone balls. I took 4 swings each with my current ball(New ProV1) and three different Bridgestone balls. They recommended the B330-RXS 2010. Performance was similar to the ProV1 so I probably won't switch, but I do need to figure out why my launch angle is so low. They gave me a 2ball sleeve of balls to try out and the results printout:

H/S B/V L/A B/S S/S DIST
ProV1 '11 99.3 141.2 10.0 2183 -290 242
B330-RXS '10 99.7 139.7 9.9 2540 -260 239
IDEAL 99.3 147.0 12.7 2468 0 257

I also learned about the Bridgestone Ball Fitting schedule on the Bridgestone Web Site: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-fitting

I just had my Bridgestone Ball Fitting today at Shoal Creek Golf Course in Kansas City. The Bridgestone techs had set up a their launch monitor outside on the driving range in front of a net.

I just started playing last fall, so my swing isn't very consistent and I've had a problem with slicing, especially with my driver. After a few warm up swings, they had me hit a Titleist NXT Tour ball several times and then based upon those numbers and my concern about slicing recommended trying the Bridgestone e6.

Here are my numbers:

_________Head___Ball___Launch__Back___Side____Carry
Ball______Speed__MPH___Angle__Spin____Spin___Distance

NXT '10___92.7__117.7___12.5___1630___+213____179

Optimal___92.7__137.2___13.6___2557___+0______239

e6 '10_____95.4__123.1___16.6___2090___+100____197

The tech said with the NXT ball I had side spin in both directions because I hit some slices as well as hooks. He said this is normally indicated by an odd number for the side spin. I hit the e6 18 yards farther but some of it was due to the faster club head speed. I don't think my swing is consistent enough to read a whole lot into this but it was very interesting. I also got a couple of balls and a printout.

One other thing I wanted to mention, there was a guy in front of me that was playing the Pro V1 and they had him try the 330RX. The numbers looked better but they also had him try the e5 balll. Those number were also better than the Titleist and very close to the 330RX. They recommended he buy the e5 and save the $19 per dozen.

Last edited:
There are no fitters near me in the UK, but I did do the online fitting and got recommended the B330-RX. Bought a dozen from ebay to try them out and see how they compare to the Nike One Tour I usually play

I was surprised on my ball fitting the other day no Bridgestones were recommended. Srixon Zstar, Nike One Tour D, Callaway Tour Is, V1x, Penta and Maxfli Tour XD were top 6. I bought the Maxfli and have been hitting them the last 3 days. So far they carry about the same, but the durability wasn't what I thought they would be based on their recommendation. I wanted to switch from the V1x for a more durable ball but these Maxfli get chewed up just as easy as they did. May try the Nike next and see how they do.

Matty, I feel you on the price. I did a Bridgestone golf fitting last summer at my local Golf USA. I'm sure it wasn't as in-depth as the overall ball fitting done at Golf Galaxy or Dick's, but all it costs is about 20 minutes. I used one of their stock drivers -- also a Bridgestone -- and I was fitted to the B330-RXS (they said it was basically a toss-up between the RX and RXS, but I went with the RXS for more greenside spin). They gave me a two-ball sleeve to try, and these balls were awesome; they flew off the clubface, were super soft and great around and on the green. ... Of course, since I'm not very consistent off the tee, I lost them after a few rounds.

Just like crack, the first ones are free :) The level of my game at this point doesn't justify me spending that much on golf balls ... but I did chat online with a Bridgestone ball guy and he said the e5 model was the closest to the RX, only a two-piece ball and way cheaper (about $26/dozen). I putted some e5s at my local Academy and they felt a LOT like the RXs; buttery smooth.

Anyway, food for thought if you're looking for a cheaper Bridgestone option. If you want to stick to a three-piece, you might test the Top Flite Gamer V2. Excellent ball, very much like the Callaway HX Hot Bite. Good luck!

I was surprised on my ball fitting the other day no Bridgestones were recommended. Srixon Zstar, Nike One Tour D, Callaway Tour Is, V1x, Penta and Maxfli Tour XD were top 6. I bought the Maxfli and have been hitting them the last 3 days. So far they carry about the same, but the durability wasn't what I thought they would be based on their recommendation. I wanted to switch from the V1x for a more durable ball but these Maxfli get chewed up just as easy as they did. May try the Nike next and see how they do.

In my experience the Nike One Tour is rather durable. I am able to get a full round out of a ball without it scuffing up all that badly

In my experience the Nike One Tour is rather durable. I am able to get a full round out of a ball without it scuffing up all that badly

I've been playing the Nike One Tours and Tour D's lately and I agree that they are pretty durable balls. I have brand new Vokey non-conforming wedges and even they don't chew the ball up too bad. Several small scuffs after a round, but nothing that would affect the flight enough to hurt an average joe's game.

Back