Your Ideal Round of Golf

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
If you could shoot even par for a round of golf with 18 pars or with 9 Bogeys or 9 Birdies, which would you choose and why?

I think this is a really cool topic. I am still undecided on what I would choose. 9 birdies is a lot and it would be cool to see my scorecard with all those circles on it, but then again, 18 pars is the epitome of course management and solid ball striking.

What about you?

At the status of my game I'd take 18 pars. Boring, I know but there's something about consistency that tickles me pink.

I would take the -9, since its 9 birdies and 9 pars!

I think I know what you are asking, I would still take the 9 birdies.

I would take the -9, since its 9 birdies and 9 pars!

I think I know what you are asking, I would still take the 9 birdies.

doh! thanks for pointing that out. I'm inclined to lean that direction as well dude, but I'm still not certain.

With my game right now and my 23 handicap, I'd take the 18 pars and run. :) I like consistency and trying to achieve it. I don't play enough to ever achieve it in golf, but I sure love trying every year. 18 pars would be the definition of consistant.

9 birdies and 9 bogeys. I can't even fathom having 9 birdies in a round or shooting even par...so that would knock 2 goals out in one round!

I'd like the 9 birds and 9 bogeys. Shooting all pars would be kinda boring. I like the highs and lows, just like all my rounds.

I tend to feel the same as Spank and Wolfepaw. As a "higher" handicapper, I would love to shoot even par for a round and I dont think I would really care how I got there , I'd just be happy with the accomplishment.

Id take 18 pars. Chances are there would be some nasty scramble pars in there.
I'd like the 9 birds and 9 bogeys. Shooting all pars would be kinda boring. I like the highs and lows, just like all my rounds.

Great question TC. I am on the fence on this one as well, but my guy reaction was 9 birdies and 9 bogeys. But when I start to think about it more and analyze it more I start to lean towards 18 pars. I guess that is how golf is, always over thinking, so if I had to choose I would go with my gut! 9 birdies and 9 bogeys.

I would love to say that I had 9 birdies in a round. However, I know that it I was going birdie/bogey all day, I would get frustrated by my inconsistencies. I think that I would be more proud of the 18 pars. Just because it is more representative of consistency and course management.

Great question TC. I am on the fence on this one as well, but my guy reaction was 9 birdies and 9 bogeys. But when I start to think about it more and analyze it more I start to lean towards 18 pars. I guess that is how golf is, always over thinking, so if I had to choose I would go with my gut! 9 birdies and 9 bogeys.

See, if you take the 18 pars you could assume a couple of things: you hit the ball great or putted like crap or you hit the ball ok, but putted the ball great. Conversely, you take the 9 birds and 9 bogeys and you assume that you putted the ball great but hit the ball horribly. If you hit the ball great, and was hot enough with the putter to make 9 birdies, then you really effed up to card the 9 bogeys. For that fact alone, I lean towards the 18 pars. I still don't know though.

The number one issue with my golf game is consistency. If I coule eliminate my "blow up" holes I would shoot much lower scores, so I will have to go with 18 pars on this one!

Give me 18 pars. Knowing that I went toe to toe with old man par for 18 holes and didn't give him a stroke would be a tremendous confidence boost and something I would remember for the rest of my life.

Great topic TC, I would take 9 birdies and 9 bogeys, 18 pars would be great, but bogeys aren't that bad, and birdies are the best so thats what I'd go with.

Oh, wow, I think I'd go a bit mental if I had a round of 9 birdies and 9 bogeys. I'd definitely take the round of 18 straight pars. Honestly, I'd feel as if I vastly underachieved if I were to post 9 birdies and 9 bogeys for an even-par round. 9 birdies in a single round and I can't even manage to post a round under par? That would just be incredibly frustrating for me and I think I'd have trouble truly enjoying it. Instead, I'd just rehash over and over again how badly I screwed up on 9 holes, essentially soiling an otherwise excellent round. If I were to achieve 18 straight pars, sure, I might think a few of those could have been birdies, but I'd be much more mentally at peace, haha.

Oh, wow, I think I'd go a bit mental if I had a round of 9 birdies and 9 bogeys. I'd definitely take the round of 18 straight pars. Honestly, I'd feel as if I vastly underachieved if I were to post 9 birdies and 9 bogeys for an even-par round. 9 birdies in a single round and I can't even manage to post a round under par? That would just be incredibly frustrating for me and I think I'd have trouble truly enjoying it. Instead, I'd just rehash over and over again how badly I screwed up on 9 holes, essentially soiling an otherwise excellent round. If I were to achieve 18 straight pars, sure, I might think a few of those could have been birdies, but I'd be much more mentally at peace, haha.

That's kind of my line of thinking as well. To card that many birdies and just shoot par would be a monumental let down. Some might even say, an EPIC let down.

I love birdies and love to see the ups and downs, it's how my rounds usually go. If I could avoid the bogeys, I'd get my scoring down. When I look back on a round and I see those circles on my cards, it makes me happy. The squares don't affect me, it just makes me work harder to avoid those.

I think a round of golf should be changed to 27 or 36 holes, the guy that came up with 18 should be shot...oh wait, he's probably dead.

Absolutely the 9 birds and 9 bogeys. Knowing that I have the ability to make 9 birds in a round would give me supreme confidence. All I'd need to do is take away the nine bogeys and throw in three more birds and I'm in the 59 club. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say 18 pars. I have never played a bogey free round and it is one of my goals. Although 9 birdies is pretty sick, if I also had 9 bogeys I would be pretty disgusted with myself.

18 pars just sounds like a grind. While I would kill for 18 pars in a row, if I could choose, it would definitely be the 9 birdies and 9 bogeys. Nothing like bogeying a hole and then coming right back to birdie the next!

Hell, I'd be happy with 18 bogeys!

I'd go with the pars.

I would have to take the 18 pars.
That means I would have a mistake free round. (well sort of)

18 pars for RAZR. I like to hit pars and I'd LOVE to see that much consitency in my game. I'd still have a few one putts because I know I'm not hitting 18 greens.

Back