Srixon Z-Star Driver

At least we can hehe ;)

Edit to say: We, meaning the outing goers with right handedness.

Yes we can!! Some of us at least.

At least we can hehe ;)

Edit to say: We, meaning the outing goers with right handedness.

I'm glad you added your edited part dude.

So what was the consensus here? Srixon just isnt that serious about selling irons and drivers in the US? They dont want to step on Clevelands toes?

I can understand, if you are right about a Cleveland/Srixon competition, that one could hurt the other but, only as far as the irons are concerned.
Cleveland has three drivers to offer so you get the right one for YOU; on the other hand, Srixon, Z-Star has the adjustable driver, right hand ONLY....!
The same applies to the Fairway woods. If, like me, you are happy with your present driver/fw's but, WANT an ajustable wood and don't want to go TM/Cally ect. then you go Srixon. No competition vs Cleveland. IMO

OUT FOR DELIVERY! I will let ya know what i think when it gets here

Cool, look forward to your thoughts. Hopefully this is your driver.

Cool, look forward to your thoughts. Hopefully this is your driver.

Man i hope so too, i think it will be, after reading tons over it, it sounds perfect for me

Ahhhh i was outside a hour ago and the UPS guy drove right by my house, havent seen him since, getting a little angry lol

Ok guys and gals, i got it and my first impressions are VERY IMPRESSED! This driver is beatiful, its gonna take me a minute to get use to the black again but im digging the looks of it without a alignment aid. The weight of the club is very nice as well, not to light and not to heavy. I love the Dromos, this thing looks awesome and feels great, took some swings in the back yard and it felt so smooth, i could really feel what the shaft was doing and where the clubhead was. Coming from TM i gotta say i think i like the weights and sleeve better on the Srixon, love how its just a little turn to get the weights out and not turning over and over. Well so far so good, im playing sunday if the rain holds off so i will let you know how it goes, one more thing, the Wrench with the weights inside is just freaking brilliant. If anybody has a link or PDF or something that shows exactly what changes the sleeve makes i would appreciate it, not sure if its like the taylormade or not, opening lowers loft and closing adds loft?

question- is R the most open position, when i go to a closed position i can really see that its closed but im trying to open the face a little bit so it doesnt look a little shut and im having no luck at all, i have put it in R and one more after R and it doesnt look like the face opened at all

question- is R the most open position, when i go to a closed position i can really see that its closed but im trying to open the face a little bit so it doesnt look a little shut and im having no luck at all, i have put it in R and one more after R and it doesnt look like the face opened at all

Didnt it come with instructions or something? If you have an iphone you can download the app.

pdf download here - http://www.srixon.com/index.php?&fu...defile=clubDetails.html&oid=T010:4lm2mutsnl91

ill get it figured out, maybe my floor just isnt even so its making it look like the face isnt opening, i really am digging the weight system though, its great. I already have a midsize NDMC for it that im gonna throw on later or tomorrow. The graphics on the shaft showing what position your in is awesome, in R it was showing the ball flight going straight then right and on L it was showing it going straight the drawing left, thats just cool

Just got back from the small golf shop i go to from time to time and had my grip put on, as soon as i walked in the door the guys eyes lit up, he is on staff with cleveland and they wouldn't let him play the Zstar, they gave him a cleveland 270 and 290 and he put those in the inventory and ordered a Zstar for himself lol, he said it was driving him crazy how none of the shops (including the one he works for) will stock them. So to say I'm a little more excited to hit this now is a understatement, we talked about it for probably 30 minutes after he did my grips.

I was fitted by the rep on a LM at my local Golftown.
On a bad hair day, I would slice like crazy...I could drive 300yds, 175 straight+125 right=300! That day was a decent one but, still faded 30-40yds off target; here's what he did: set the shaft on "R", put 3gr on heel and 11gr at back to make the ball launch higher.
When I went to the driving range, no more bad hair day with this thing BUT, I thought the ball was too high so, I replaced the 11gr by a 7gr; It worked well, again BUT, I felt the head was to light so, I replaced the 3gr with the 11gr, Now I'm drawing it so, I moved the "R" on the hozel to the FIRST of the two marks at the right of the "N"....That's the ONE!!!
NOTE: More than likely I will make some more adjustments as the temperature gets warmer up here in Quebec, my point is: don't be affraid to tinker with it; I just gave you enough information to get you going with confidence. Just remember to adjust ONE thing at a TIME. FYI, I have the 9°, stiff as well.

I was fitted by the rep on a LM at my local Golftown.
On a bad hair day, I would slice like crazy...I could drive 300yds, 175 straight+125 right=300! That day was a decent one but, still faded 30-40yds off target; here's what he did: set the shaft on "R", put 3gr on heel and 11gr at back to make the ball launch higher.
When I went to the driving range, no more bad hair day with this thing BUT, I thought the ball was too high so, I replaced the 11gr by a 7gr; It worked well, again BUT, I felt the head was to light so, I replaced the 3gr with the 11gr, Now I'm drawing it so, I moved the "R" on the hozel to the FIRST of the two marks at the right of the "N"....That's the ONE!!!
NOTE: More than likely I will make some more adjustments as the temperature gets warmer up here in Quebec, my point is: don't be affraid to tinker with it; I just gave you enough information to get you going with confidence. Just remember to adjust ONE thing at a TIME. FYI, I have the 9°, stiff as well.

awesome, im really confused though, if you were missing right why would the put it on R, doesnt that open the face for a more left to right ball flight?

Bet you are on pins and needles hehe

I had a real nice day with the Z-Star today. Played the back 9 (par 38-4 par 5s) on a local and hit the driver 7 times LOL. I avg'd 231 yards total and that was counting a drive of only 190 with the 20 mph wind in my face on one hole! This is great for me since previous to the Z-Star I was only avg around 215 on a good day. This is the easiest driver I've ever hit from the first outing with it and the Miyasaki Dromos shaft is allowing me to be smooth with my swing and tempo. With the added length, I was hitting my Mashie M3 as my 2nd shot quite a few times today with excellent results! Makes me consider maybe adding a M1 and or M2 and dropping my Machspeed 4 wood and 18 hybrid.

Bet you are on pins and needles hehe

I had a real nice day with the Z-Star today. Played the back 9 (par 38-4 par 5s) on a local and hit the driver 7 times LOL. I avg'd 231 yards total and that was counting a drive of only 190 with the 20 mph wind in my face on one hole! This is great for me since previous to the Z-Star I was only avg around 215 on a good day. This is the easiest driver I've ever hit from the first outing with it and the Miyasaki Dromos shaft is allowing me to be smooth with my swing and tempo. With the added length, I was hitting my Mashie M3 as my 2nd shot quite a few times today with excellent results! Makes me consider maybe adding a M1 and or M2 and dropping my Machspeed 4 wood and 18 hybrid.

sweet, glad its working well for ya, im excited to get out and play with it, hopefully i can tomorrow but with all the rain we are getting tonight i doubt it.

sweet, glad its working well for ya, im excited to get out and play with it, hopefully i can tomorrow but with all the rain we are getting tonight i doubt it.

keep us posted on how it goes when you do get out draw!

keep us posted on how it goes when you do get out draw!

for sure mike, first impressions of this thing are great, i was blown away at how great it feels in hand, just from swinging this shaft out in my backyard i can tell its probably gonna be the best shaft i have ever played, of course thats only going off of feel and we know it all feels allot different when you hit a ball but just swinging it is so smooth.Im also blown away by the wrench and weight system, just simple and amazing, tell ya the truth i have already adjust back to the black head, i thought it would take longer.

Hey everybody just thought i would share this little bit of info, i asked Srixon on FB if they planned to realease a droid version or interent version of the Weather Fit app for people who dont own apple products and they said they are working on it, got me excited so i thought i would share with you all so you dont run out and buy a ipad or something lol

Hey everybody just thought i would share this little bit of info, i asked Srixon on FB if they planned to realease a droid version or interent version of the Weather Fit app for people who dont own apple products and they said they are working on it, got me excited so i thought i would share with you all so you dont run out and buy a ipad or something lol

Great news, thanks for the update TYD!

awesome, im really confused though, if you were missing right why would the put it on R, doesnt that open the face for a more left to right ball flight?

Could be something similar to what I did with my R9 ST, I was fading too much so I put the 11g weight in the heel and with the FCT in N, I was drawing too much so I opened the face a bit and finally got the ball flight I was looking for.

I have no idea why he put it on "R", what I have experienced is that when I put it on "N", I had a draw of 20 yds off target at ± 240. I just moved it over one notch towards the "R".
That said, maybe I was already closing the face of my Z-rw to correct the slice and STILL doing it out of unconcious habit...I'll have to check that one out at the range tomorrow and get back to you. But, I can't stress this enough: Don't be affraid to tinker with it...It won't break!

Back