JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How many of you use satellite radio? I was a user years ago when it launched and then got rid of it when my car did not have it standard. Recently GG and I went back to it because it is built into her car and I realize how much I missed it.

Im not a huge music guy, but love all the talk radio options and sports options. Now have it online and on both of our cell phones as well as our tablet. Absolutely love it.

JB I do a lot of driving for work, and I have had sirius radio in my car for 4 years now and I couldn't live without it. For the most part I only listen to the sports radio, ESPN, NFL Radio, and someothers, but I also like a bunch of the music channels now and again. It very well could be the best $15 I spend each month.

Would have to agree. Can't stand driving wifes car without it. I listen to both music and golf channel, not to mention Howard.

I love it, have it in our work vehicles and it's great being able to drive from here to Florida City without having to change the channel. Really want to put in my personal truck but the installation method I want is upwards of $600. Currently I just stream it via the Droid into the mp3 port, but that can get a little fuzzy when not on 3G.

I used to tease my brother who said he would rather shut off his cable TV than live without his Sirius/XM. But then I got my car with a full free year. Now, I have it in my car and on my iphone and get cranky when I get into a rental car that doesn't have the option or an aux plug so I plug my iphone into the radio system. I listen to music and golf on it and won't live without it.

Would have to agree as well. I have been in Atlanta for almost 3 years and really don't even know the radio stations because of satellite radio. Definitely could not see myself going back to FM radio.

I have it as well in my home vehicle. My work vehicle does not have it and that is the one I'm in the most during the week and I miss it there as I drive it about a thousand miles a week.

XM Radio is good. I think it's impossible to not find a station you'll like. I can't tell you how many times I've messed around with my Iphone, trying to find that "perfect" song, only to have arrived at my destination already.

The master's coverage was suprisingly better than I thought radio coverage was going to be. On the thursday of Masters Week I had to drive about 1.5 hours home from the course and I threw it on. The commentator did a very good job describing the shot each player was trying to hit.

I will say one negative comment about XM, they seem to be a "top 100" radio station(s). Like, for example, you go to the 1970's radio station. It's going to play "top 100" music from the 70's. If you go to the Blues music Station, its going to play the popular standards you know.

bought a truck with satelite radio. It went out once due to a technical issue and I didn't like the truck near as much as when it was working.I'd really miss it if it wasn't in what I was driving.

We used to show our Rottweiler around the country. My wife refused to go until I got Sirius put in our SUV (XM was separate then). I got Sirius because it had NFL football. XM had golf, but not football. I didn't think golf would translate too well over the radio. It was GREAT when we were driving from, say, Chicago to Texas to Florida showing puppy at all the dog shows along the way.

My lastest car has XM with the best of Sirius so I've got my football AND golf. I was very pleasantly surprised how well golf was presented on the radio! I love being able to listen to whatever music I want anywhere I drive. I don't have to hunt for a decent station anymore.

I got 3 months free service when I bought my car and found it useless imo , everything I listened to was re-runs for weeks on end !
I would never pay for radio , but thats just me . My car is ipod capable and use it or CD's when my favorite stations start playing the same ol same ol .

I got it with my truck 3 years ago and continued the service till January where I decided to let it lapse. They must not have figured it out because it's still working.

I love it because I don't have to keep flipping between stations when they get fuzzy. I only decided to stop subscribing because I spend a lot less time on the road now.

I loved it . But Im not in the car enough. I also didnt like all the taxes and fees. Its just as bad as a cell phone bill. Price 19.99 after Fees $30 (example)

I had Sirius about 5 years ago and it was nice, especially when I drove up to NE Wisconsin to visit my parents (theres no rock stations up there, its all country and oldies) but I dont go up there as much as I used to, so I dont have it anymore.
Ive considered getting it again, mostly for all the sports and talk radio options. I noticed that the cost of the recievers has gone up a little bit. You used to be able to get a basic reciever for $50, but all the ones I see now are considerably more expensive.

I had it for 3-4 years when I had a longer commute to work and absolutely loved it for both that commute and for any trips we made. It was awesome to be able to listen to whatever we were in the mood for and not have to worry about changing channels regardless of the trip length.

When we moved to TN, I'm only 10 minutes from work, so it didn't make sense to keep paying the monthly fee.

I've been an XM subscriber for a couple of years now and really like it a lot. My wife's minivan has it built in and for our anniversary one year she got me a receiver for my vehicle. I really like the receiver I have because you can set one of the view preferences to show what is playing on other stations, that is very helpful. Not to mention you can program favorites in there to be alerted when a song or artist comes on. My kids have hijacked that part though, so I'm constantly alerted with Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus come on, my friends have a good laugh at my expense whenever they're riding with me.

I've had Sirius for over 6 years now and I love it. Every year I keep getting it renewed for less and less so I keep it. If I have to pay full price I may get rid of it and just use Pandora from now on.

I love it. The sports packages are fantastic. I love the PGA channel along with mad dog radio. There are some music channels that ill listen too but mostly I listen to the sports channels.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I got it on a whim and love it. All kinds of talk radio, sports, news, politics, my favorite is the playboy channel. Good stuff on Sirius!

I didn't have cable TV until it had been available for about 10 years, then didn't switch to dish until that had been around for about the same time. The idea of paying a subscription fee to listen to the radio is something I have not been able to get my head around yet, it will probably be another couple of years before I try it.

I have it as well in my home vehicle. My work vehicle does not have it and that is the one I'm in the most during the week and I miss it there as I drive it about a thousand miles a week.

And I thought I drove a lot!

I would get it for the talk radio if I went out of town more often. We get Rush here, and the two other local shows that come on after I like and when I am out after 9 I get Mark Levin for the ride home (his voice reminds me of the Jerky Boys!). Who I miss listening to is Neal Boortz, he was on this station back in the late '90s and early '00s. I started listening to him during the time leading up to that years election.

I may get it anyway, I could tune it with the radio I have now.

I got it on a whim and love it. All kinds of talk radio, sports, news, politics, my favorite is the playboy channel. Good stuff on Sirius!

Umm, duey, I think the Playboy channel would be better on VIDEO, not AUDIO! hahaha.

Umm, duey, I think the Playboy channel would be better on VIDEO, not AUDIO! hahaha.

Hey, when you get my age hearing about it is more than enough, hahaha. It was actually pretty funny to listen to, but the sports channels are pretty solid.

I've had XM since the summer of 2001, back when we were testing prototype tuners with our 12 volt electronics, before they actually launched service. We helped XM reach the million subscriber goal and then they started chasing the OEM's so our sat. radio technology hasn't improved much over the past 5 years or so. I still have a demo account, but wouldn't pay for it now that I have so many choices via my iphone for free music. Not to mention the audio quality had degraded with sat. radio so they can extend the life of their satellites. It's a great service, but over priced now imho!

Back