SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Thanks guys and i couldn't agree more Due... I think thats the beauty in SeeMore's approach. Its easier to nail down and fix it yourself because of consistency!

Great job as always Spaceman. You guys are right their approach(fundementals) are easy to keeping yourself consistant

Things are really starting to heat between me and Black Beauty. That gal is not only gorgeous but she has mad skills too. We seem to get a little closer each time we go out and our comfort level with each other makes me want to spend even more time with her. Not a spectacular date today but one with a few highlights. Just a walk in the on and off in Louisville for a quick 18 holes.

Will have to check my records to see what my all time low number of putts in a round is. Today could be that day, if not it had to be close to the lowest number of putts. Finished the front with 14 putts so I was pretty excited about the first part of our date. Nothing outstanding on the front side, was actually a little disappointed as I had opportunities for birdies from 6, 7, and 12 feet that I missed.

The back side I had 13 putts. Only missed one real birdie chance of 7 feet but did have two that dropped on back to back holes of 13 feet and then 33 feet which is the longest putt to date I've made with Black Beauty. I'll take 27 putts any day of the week.

Trust and confidence in your partner are key elements in a relationship and we keep growing closer in both of those areas. I think it has just taken a while to get into a comfortable rountine on the dance floor. In the beginning I had to stop and think, align the putter, hide the red dot, shoudlers back, grip a little weaker than normal, stand taller, etc.

We've dance enough times now that I don't have to stop and think, to go through a process that was unfamiliar just to get set up to a putt. Now it's an almost unconscious part of my rountine. It's just happening without my thinking about what steps I need to take. Repetition is a big part of it along with trust and having the confidence that once I hide the dot all I have to do is make the stroke. Looking forward to our next date. May be several days out as our weather is looking awful wet over the next 10 days.

Nice write up rinky!

I got another 9 in with ZERO three putts today. The wind was pretty bad, honestly it cost me two 1 putts. One of them a 10ft for birdie. Much like Rinky above, I'm really starting to find my groove with the putter, speed is still slightly inconsistent but still lagging within 2-3ft this last week consistently at worst. The greens today were not too fast and not very slow but very undulated making putting that much more fun.

I got out for 18 yesterday after work. I will preface this by saying that I still have loads on confidence in my putter.

Hole 1 - 12 footer for birdie and I change my mind on the read as I am standing over the putt and did not leave it high enough for the break. Easy tap in par.
Hole 2 - 25 footer for par and leave it 4-5 feet short and miss the 2nd putt. 1st 3 putt in quite awhile.

And the day went on like this. Had I believe (3) 3 putts on the today for 37 putts total. I had a TON of long 2 putts for par. Shot 87 on the day.

This is the same course that was aerated a few weeks ago and greens are bumpy as no get out. Being so sandy and divots not being repaired by other golfers made for a long day on the greens. Heading out to a different course here shortly where the greens are in much better condition. Will be my first time to have the SeeMore on some decent greens!!

In summary - left several a bit shorter than I wanted but I partially contribute that to the greens. When I actually read a green properly and get my alignment setup, this thing is deadly. Lag has not been an issue for the most part and I find myself easily being able to correct flaws during the round when I think about the keys taught in the program: Athletic posture, putter on sole, and letting shoulders do the putt (don't get handsy).

I also feel it is important to point out in my putt counts for each round that I count anything as a putt if I used the putter (like if I am 4 feet off the green and decide to putt instead of chip). That may inflate my putting stats somewhat but I feel that with putter in hand, it should be down in 2 at worst from there so that is my reasoning.

Off to get ready for the course and MUCH more updates on the way!

While I think counting putts from off the green is technically incorrect, I agree with you. When I putt from the fringe, or further, I count it as a putt as well.

I ordered my putter on 4-18. I have not received a 'It's shipped' email, but I'm hoping to see it early next week. I'm off Thursday-Sunday so I have some time to get used to it.

Great reads Highscrore and mcook. I'm seeing some similar things in my attempts to learn the methodology to this putter. Hope your putter arrives soon mdbuchsr.

Yesterday was pretty exciting as it was all about the new tips from Ted. After putting with my old style for over 35 years I find it very difficult to walk up to the ball and get into the new stance automatically. No doubt it will take some time. Everything is still very mechanical at this stage, but by the middle of my second round I found myself setting up properly a lot more often, if that makes sense.

For those of you following along in this thread, with or without a SeeMore putter, I challenge you to give this technique a try. It works! Playing nine holes on a course with mid speed greens and then meeting up with some buddies to play a course with much faster greens, I concentrated very hard to keep my feet closer together, stand very upright with my shoulders back, find the line and speed with a couple pre-swings then step up and putt and keeping my head down until the ball was close to the end of its roll. I'm much farther from the ball, so the arc stroke becomes very natural. 14 putts on the first nine, my speed control was dead on. Not one short putt, no three putts, almost every miss was right side still, but a bunch of them lid outs.

Off to the second course with much faster greens and the wind was 25 to 30 mph with gusts over 40. The ball was trying to roll as you putted it, lol. I three putted the first hole, (only one of the day), and settled back into my routine. 15 putts on the front and 16 on the back felt extremely ho hum for the round. Pretty crazy when 31 putts becomes very "So What" feeling after a round, especially on fast greens with crazy wind.

I can tell you, this putter has already replaced my old Slotline and not because of the testing. It's the real deal. I have a ton of putters and love them all, but these are the real deal. All of my buddies have tried it and agree with the great feel of confidence this putter exudes. The putting technique is a completely different animal. I can't yet say it feels great, but I can say it works!

Great reads Highscrore and mcook. I'm seeing some similar things in my attempts to learn the methodology to this putter. Hope your putter arrives soon mdbuchsr.

Yesterday was pretty exciting as it was all about the new tips from Ted. After putting with my old style for over 35 years I find it very difficult to walk up to the ball and get into the new stance automatically. No doubt it will take some time. Everything is still very mechanical at this stage, but by the middle of my second round I found myself setting up properly a lot more often, if that makes sense.

For those of you following along in this thread, with or without a SeeMore putter, I challenge you to give this technique a try. It works! Playing nine holes on a course with mid speed greens and then meeting up with some buddies to play a course with much faster greens, I concentrated very hard to keep my feet closer together, stand very upright with my shoulders back, find the line and speed with a couple pre-swings then step up and putt and keeping my head down until the ball was close to the end of its roll. I'm much farther from the ball, so the arc stroke becomes very natural. 14 putts on the first nine, my speed control was dead on. Not one short putt, no three putts, almost every miss was right side still, but a bunch of them lid outs.

Off to the second course with much faster greens and the wind was 25 to 30 mph with gusts over 40. The ball was trying to roll as you putted it, lol. I three putted the first hole, (only one of the day), and settled back into my routine. 15 putts on the front and 16 on the back felt extremely ho hum for the round. Pretty crazy when 31 putts becomes very "So What" feeling after a round, especially on fast greens with crazy wind.

I can tell you, this putter has already replaced my old Slotline and not because of the testing. It's the real deal. I have a ton of putters and love them all, but these are the real deal. All of my buddies have tried it and agree with the great feel of confidence this putter exudes. The putting technique is a completely different animal. I can't yet say it feels great, but I can say it works!

I have a couple of different putters I am gaming right now and have read this thread with great interest. I have tried some of the putting technique as listed on the SeeMore website, but with very little success as I am playing 35" putters and being 6-4 I now think my putters are too short. I am thinking of adding 2" to one of them to see if maybe that will help me with their putting style.

I have a couple of different putters I am gaming right now and have read this thread with great interest. I have tried some of the putting technique as listed on the SeeMore website, but with very little success as I am playing 35" putters and being 6-4 I now think my putters are too short. I am thinking of adding 2" to one of them to see if maybe that will help me with their putting style.

Just a wild guess here DD, but I'm guessing you could give SeeMore a call and one of those guy's would be happy to take some info and offer their thoughts.

Just a wild guess here DD, but I'm guessing you could give SeeMore a call and one of those guy's would be happy to take some info and offer their thoughts.

Hate to call with no intention to buy right now. I would only buy if I could go directly to their headquarters and be fitted in person. Maybe within the next year, I have some pretty large expenses this year for a retiree on a fixed income.

:sad:

I watched Spiff roll his yesterday and I got to say I was really impressed with this putter

Hey due, I know what you mean about 31 putts being a ho hum round with the SeeMore. My average putts per round has gone done by a full stroke and I'm just starting to move out of the mechanical phase. I believe I can get my average putts per round at 30 or under in the next few weeks.

Hey due, I know what you mean about 31 putts being a ho hum round with the SeeMore. My average putts per round has gone done by a full stroke and I'm just starting to move out of the mechanical phase. I believe I can get my average putts per round at 30 or under in the next few weeks.

This is such a funny game. Really cold 54* with a strong North wind half the day. Sot 41/42, one stroke less than yesterday with another 31 putts, lol. I caught myself scooting up over the ball a couple times and made those putts, but to the most part I was able to stay with the procedure. Glad to hear your almost out of that mechanical stage, hope to hear how things go as it becomes automatic.

I've never been a good putter, pretty much always left everything short. Recently I started throwing a forward press into the start of my stroke, and my control got even worse. Some putts still came up short and others went flying past the hole. Most of my issues come from poor swing path causing really poor impact consistency. From what I keep reading here, I get more and more excited to receive my putter and perhaps more importantly the DVD. My last round out, I tried to get myself into a better SeeMore-ish stance and it helped my distance control.

Some really good information in this thread and I agree with thedue. There is lots to be taken from this to improve your putting even if you do not try or purchase a SeeMore (but buying one definitely has it's advantages)!

I headed out yesterday morning to play 36 on a course with nice, but average speed greens - maybe a hair on the quick side.

I made 2 putts over 30 feet for birdie on the day so that was definitely the highlights :banana:. Throughout the remainder of the day, I had a ton of long 2 putts with several 3 putts mixed in there. My putts per round is still higher than what I want (at around 36).

My issue is that I was trying way too hard to read break that was not there and that took my mind away from making a good solid stroke on the ball :angry:. Once I focused on not trying to find break, I drained 2 putts in the 10-15 foot range over the next 2 holes.

The other thing that is making it hard for me is that I am leaving myself anywhere from 25-50 feet consistently for my first putt. It is hard to get the putt count down when my irons/wedges are not getting me within 15 feet for a reasonable make.

I did notice yesterday something that JB had eluded to about coming back to the SeeMore. I am not even having to hide the red dot anymore because it is already hidden as soon as I setup. It has become automatic as part of my routine and is second nature. I am still checking with a quick glance but I did not have to adjust once yesterday. But that does lead some value to how some golfers may use it for a training aid if they prefer some other putter and use the SeeMore for alignment/address issues, etc.

SeeMore has made it easy....if I can now just get myself not to screw it up! :clapp:

I think yesterday was possibly the best all around putting day I've had in over a year. My stats won't show it, 16 putts on the front and 14 on the back, but I hit a few more greens that left me some really long putts and a few chips were a bit suspect on the front nine leaving me really tough side slope putts. I drained 3 fairly long, one was 18 feet and one over 10 foot, on the front nine. The back found me chipping really well and hitting some greens, so I had 5 one putts and three of those were in the 10 foot or longer zone.

However, I have to confess that I fudged a little on the process. I'm so accustomed to standing well over the ball that I'm missing a ton of putts right, so after the first two holes of the day I scooted up over the ball. I kept as much of the new routine as possible with my feet closer together and my back as upright as possible with the shoulders back. I sent a message to Ted and he returned it with some ideas today, so back to the drawing board, but the technique does work, I simply need to release the putter better.

Lots of rain today, so carpet time should get me back in the zone.

That's great thedue! Congrats on the good day!!

I was also pushing a bit this past weekend and need to refocus on some of the basics. I was also leaving the putter face open through impact as it sounds you are. Feels good to be making some permanent progression though!

That's great thedue! Congrats on the good day!!

I was also pushing a bit this past weekend and need to refocus on some of the basics. I was also leaving the putter face open through impact as it sounds you are. Feels good to be making some permanent progression though!

Thanks. Ted replied back for me to spend some time gripping the club in my fingers with the thumbs and palms off the club. He say's it should allow me to feel the "release" which should solve this. Hope it helps.

Well I am back from my trip to Vegas, first out of town trip for SeeMore. Yes I named it SeeMore, that way his name is already on the cover.

First off I changed to the large oversized grip that Ted sent to me prior to going on the trip. I like the feel of the larger grip. I was using one on my old putter and it just feels like I have more control and I like the feeling much better.

We played two rounds while in Vegas, Badlands and Silverstone. Both courses had just finished sanding greens just the week before and were in terrible shape, like putting on wet sandy carpet. It was a real bummer to get a chance to play such cool courses and the greens be such total crap. I hated to even put my putter on the surface, but I did. I noticed some scratching on the bottom and some wear on the black finish. It’s starting to fade a little and it is not as shiny as when new, but still looks and works great.

I actually shot the best round of my life at Silverstone with a 76,:D shot 38-38 with only two bogies on each side. I missed at least 4 putts for birdies due to sanded greens. The ball would just stop short or roll untrue. However I only had 29 putts. My chipping was on that day and I had lots of missed greens. See the round summery for details.
View attachment 2410

At Badlands it was the same story on the condition of the greens but I did not putt as well that day. I had 35 putts with two three putts. NOT GOOD. Plus the course was very difficult if you had never played there. I shot 80 with a 42-38. Over all I was very happy with my round considering the greens. I loved the track. I will go back and play it again when the greens are in better condition.
View attachment 2409

I played three rounds over the weekend at my home course and again yesterday in town. Yesterday I started to notice I was not aligning my putter at my target. My dad noticed that I was set up left of my target. I was missing putts left and that is why. I need to get the triangulator back out and work on my alignment. I had 33 putts yesterday and shot another 76. The green conditions were slow and very bumpy. My dad beat me and shot 74. He is 65 years old or something like that and I have only beaten him twice. I thought yesterday was going to be three but, not to be. He has game. :banghead:
View attachment 2411

I have played probably 12 or so rounds with the SeeMore already and I can say that I am not getting any better than the first day I used it. The first day I was sinking long putts like crazy. Now it seems like they are just not falling. I’m getting close but long putts are just not going in like they were. I am getting use to the feel of miss hits and can tell when I have not struck a putt correctly. Great feel off the putter, I love it. I’m also still having to work on keeping my shoulders back on set up. When I do I putt much better.

Im still very impressed with SeeMore and I need to do some more work on the putting green. I have just been playing rounds and not getting much time to practice. I will start working on my alignment and see if I can fix that problem. My misses are still pushes to the right and I think that’s why I’m lining up left sometimes.

More to come soon.

Well I am back from my trip to Vegas, first out of town trip for SeeMore. Yes I named it SeeMore, that way his name is already on the cover.

First off I changed to the large oversized grip that Ted sent to me prior to going on the trip. I like the feel of the larger grip. I was using one on my old putter and it just feels like I have more control and I like the feeling much better.

We played two rounds while in Vegas, Badlands and Silverstone. Both courses had just finished sanding greens just the week before and were in terrible shape, like putting on wet sandy carpet. It was a real bummer to get a chance to play such cool courses and the greens be such total crap. I hated to even put my putter on the surface, but I did. I noticed some scratching on the bottom and some wear on the black finish. It’s starting to fade a little and it is not as shiny as when new, but still looks and works great.

I actually shot the best round of my life at Silverstone with a 76,:D shot 38-38 with only two bogies on each side. I missed at least 4 putts for birdies due to sanded greens. The ball would just stop short or roll untrue. However I only had 29 putts. My chipping was on that day and I had lots of missed greens. See the round summery for details.
View attachment 2410

At Badlands it was the same story on the condition of the greens but I did not putt as well that day. I had 35 putts with two three putts. NOT GOOD. Plus the course was very difficult if you had never played there. I shot 80 with a 42-38. Over all I was very happy with my round considering the greens. I loved the track. I will go back and play it again when the greens are in better condition.
View attachment 2409

I played three rounds over the weekend at my home course and again yesterday in town. Yesterday I started to notice I was not aligning my putter at my target. My dad noticed that I was set up left of my target. I was missing putts left and that is why. I need to get the triangulator back out and work on my alignment. I had 33 putts yesterday and shot another 76. The green conditions were slow and very bumpy. My dad beat me and shot 74. He is 65 years old or something like that and I have only beaten him twice. I thought yesterday was going to be three but, not to be. He has game. :banghead:
View attachment 2411

I have played probably 12 or so rounds with the SeeMore already and I can say that I am not getting any better than the first day I used it. The first day I was sinking long putts like crazy. Now it seems like they are just not falling. I’m getting close but long putts are just not going in like they were. I am getting use to the feel of miss hits and can tell when I have not struck a putt correctly. Great feel off the putter, I love it. I’m also still having to work on keeping my shoulders back on set up. When I do I putt much better.

Im still very impressed with SeeMore and I need to do some more work on the putting green. I have just been playing rounds and not getting much time to practice. I will start working on my alignment and see if I can fix that problem. My misses are still pushes to the right and I think that’s why I’m lining up left sometimes.

More to come soon.

Nice write up. I will finally be able to game my SeeMore Si3 this Saturday. I have been practicing, but now I get to put it to the test. Looking forward to it!

Nice job rrpruet. It only gets better

congrats Tomahawk18. looking forward to your outcome. Im sure you'll do great. Have fun and remember its only life.... I mean Golf :D.

Ok played 18. It just keeps getting better and better each time. Had 30 putts but they were good putts. The alignment is starting to come together. I have been using the SeeMore Principles with my chipping and it has been super the changes that have occurred in that area, because of these principles. I'm interested in seeing if a few more of the testers that have some difficulties chipping try to use the same basic SeeMore Principles when doing so ,what the results might be. I use to be a mess with control . I got 2 birdies one from a 2o foot Putt, and the other a 40 foot chip in. Now I have never chipped in a 40 foot anything before using My SeeMore Putting stroke.
I have learned for me to have the ball a little forward from center helps tremendously in rolling my mark everytime. I feel the sweet spot almost every time this way .I will be contacting Ted to see if this is a good thing. it is almost where they say to keep the ball but just off a bit, also I see no RED so my RST is perfect. I 'm going to email him next to get his thoughts. Good Luck guys. Let me know if anyone esle use the SeeMore Principles in their chipping Game as well.

Ok played 18. It just keeps getting better and better each time. Had 30 putts but they were good putts. The alignment is starting to come together. I have been using the SeeMore Principles with my chipping and it has been super the changes that have occurred in that area, because of these principles. I'm interested in seeing if a few more of the testers that have some difficulties chipping try to use the same basic SeeMore Principles when doing so ,what the results might be. I use to be a mess with control . I got 2 birdies one from a 2o foot Putt, and the other a 40 foot chip in. Now I have never chipped in a 40 foot anything before using My SeeMore Putting stroke.
I have learned for me to have the ball a little forward from center helps tremendously in rolling my mark everytime. I feel the sweet spot almost every time this way .I will be contacting Ted to see if this is a good thing. it is almost where they say to keep the ball but just off a bit, also I see no RED so my RST is perfect. I 'm going to email him next to get his thoughts. Good Luck guys. Let me know if anyone esle use the SeeMore Principles in their chipping Game as well.

I have not tried this method on chipping. I have been using the Mickelson method of the hing and hold. I like it a lot. My chipping is getting lots better using that method.

I have not tried this method on chipping. I have been using the Mickelson method of the hing and hold. I like it a lot. My chipping is getting lots better using that method.[/QUOTE

Thats Cool. If this wasnt working so well I might have tried it.

Back