Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to start this up but wasn't sure of where. I feel comfortable on these forums to post what I think about my game and some of my thoughts/feelings towards my game and the game of golf itself and I just wanted to come back and update this through the summer to keep in touch...

My Journey begins soon..

Well for introductions I just turned 20 on the 9th of this month and am in my 2nd year of college and am at the tale end of my semester and it just happens I got a job at a local golf course(private course, maple dale country club dover de) and lucky enough that its a great place and will be great for my practice for what I'm about to do.

Browsing through these forums and not always posting I have come across some great tips and have tried to use them the best I can. And I'm using this thread because I want to play collegiate golf(but my current school doesn't offer it) and I made the decision last year that I wanted to play in some tournaments across the state and up my game and make sure I was prepared for them. As a kid I played in two and enjoyed it but as I got older I chose baseball over golf in high school and once I graduated I went back to golf. And while I am pretty nervous I know I can't be and just have to start getting ready

There are atleast two qualifiers I'll be in, the amateur one and the Delaware open qualifier. Of course i'll be disappointed if i don't make it but I feel confident enough to play in these and atleast compete. Which at this point is all I'm after and just want to get my feet wet again.

I'll be updating this on my rounds that I play and what I need to work on and such. I would really, really appreciate any info and any advice. Anything would be helpful. Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to say what I shoot and such. I normally hit less than 85 but since the year began I have been shooting 82s and 83s. I have shot an 80 before but never broke it and I know i'll need to break 80 in order to compete. Most times I don't break 80 due to a double bogey or two which mainly is due to bad first/second shots as my up&down game is right on.

Right on man! good luck. I am actually living the same lifestyle you are right now (Working at my home club, qualifying for Amateur Tournaments) best of luck man, it will be a great road ahead of you and some great times!

Looking forward to your progress.

Very cool man! Good luck, I'll be interested to see your progress!

good luck, keep us updated for sure!

Good luck man! I hope you have a great time and look forward to hearing your updates!

Good luck with it buddy. I really am looking forward to your updates throughout the summer. Keep 'em coming.

Atta Boy! go get em'

Good luck. I'm out of college, but we seem to have similar goals with state amateur tournaments. I will say this (because I had to contemplate it my first two years of college), be careful about prize money with any tournaments you play. If you truly plan on playing collegiate golf, you need to maintain your amateur status.

I look forward to following your progress and hearing about your tournaments.

I am looking forward to hearing about your tournaments this summer!

I wish you the best of luck! I'm in my senior year of high school and I'm currently working on playing golf next year in college.

Good luck!! Just keep working on your game and playing in as many tourneys as possible. Can't wait for the updates.

Good luck! I'll be checking this thread for updates. Just play as much golf as you can because the best way to practice and lower scores is by playing the game.

Well played today and shot an 80. Did pretty well on every hole except the driver definitely affected me on a few holes but I still have the ability to scramble for par or even bogey. On the range I really learned to control my swing and what I mean is not over extending at the top and I certainly was able to get through the whole round without getting tired, I even hit balls after the round which I never do.

What I really need help on is my driver. If anyone has some tips I would love it. My main problem is that about half the swings are fine and the other half are duck hooks. And I know that I am closing the face too quickly, I'm still getting a good amount of distance and mostly 9 out of 10 times I can find the ball and keep playing. I know of a few tips/drills to help with this but out on the course I don't really think of doing them.

Back