Pin in or out if you're Donald?

Good question. I would say out for me in that scenario.

I think I would have wanted it in. That's no guarantee that the shot would've gone in but at least give me the 1:1,000,000 chance that it hits the pin flush and drops in the hole

I am hardly a short game expert, but I would have left it in. I wish I had a good reason why.

In. That way the ball has a shot to hit the pin and then drop.

I like it out

Always leave the pin in unless you have to take it out, it is harder to make any shot with the pin out that is why they don't let you leave it in on the putting green. Y

I would have needed to see the lie better to make a determination, but probably out from what I did see.

In. I want as much junk in the way as possible.

I always leave the pin in unless I am on the green. I don't think I've ever taken a shot from off the green where the pin was not in.

I probably would've taken it out. It's all or nothing at that point - I think the ball would be more likely to deflect off of the pin than it would be to lip-out. It didn't work out for Donald but I think I'd take the same approach from that distance.

dang - tough one - but great question to the OP. I think, for me, it would be in. Im only pulling it when i have to (putting). In his case - it looked like he hit it a bit too hard - and right cup - so i dont think the pin in would have sunk it. But man - what a shot.

Would you have putted it or chipped like he did?

I always leave the pin in unless i'm on the green.

I would have left it in,but the speed his shot was traveling ,it probably would have hit the pin and bounced off.That being said.I have always heard it said that if you are trying to hole the shot,take the pin out.
I think I would have putted that shot that Luke had instead of chipping,but that's one of many reasons that he is the pro and I am not.

My rule of thumb has always been to take it out if your trying to make it. The shot he had was textbook in my book for taking the pin out, straightforward shot, needing to make.

In for me! I like having a backboard :D

OUT! The guy knows his game. It wouldn't have helped with the stick in, it wouldn't have gone in.

I didn't see the end, what happened?

Leave it in and you have the chance of it hitting the pin at that pace and having the pin knock it out, or take it out and it bounces off the back of the cup at that pace. If he would have hit is slightly softer it would have dropped without the pin. With the pin at the pace he hit it I think there is a small chance it hits the pin and knocks it sideways out of the hole...such a tough choice. It was so awesome though that under all that pressure he could still hit it right into the cup even though it didnt drop.

I am going to say out. Most of these guys are so accurate with their wedges the pin in could have caused one small error and wouldn't let the ball into the hole.

I would leave it in.. but thats me, if I was Donald and had the skill to nicely roll it in, I would take it out

I think I would have pulled it out, I generally do if Im trying to make it.

I would have pulled it out.... I also would have made it. :)

Back