John Daly is now giving advise to other athletes...

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
If I was Ryan Mallet I would run away from John Daly as fast as I could.

I betcha Ryan Mallet would be a heck of a long baller...

Run Ryan Mallet run fast..........

Well what else is he going to do, he can't play golf anymore.......

I agree I would not typically listen to Daly about much of anything but I think he has knowledge of the subject in this article. He is trying to get Mallet to understand all the talent in the world only means so much. Daly seems to be remorseful, introspective and knowledgeable within this article of the talent he squandered during his still in process career. Hopefully Mallet does listen to Daly's advice and learns from it as there have been some not so positive things said about Mallet's habits as well. Now if we could see Daly listen to his own advice.

Last edited:
I agree I would not typically listen to Daly about much of anything but I think he has knowledge of the subject in this article. He is trying to get Mallet to understand all the talent in the world only means so much. Daly seems to be remorseful, introspective and knowledgeable within this article of the talent he squandered during his still in process career. Hopefully Mallet does listen to Daly's advice and learns from it as there have been some not so positive things said about Mallet's habits as well. Now if we could see Daly listed to his own advice.

Great thought, but as we all know, he wants to be like Elvis. :confused2:

yeah I would listen,nothing like getting advice from someone with experience,I'm sure he is telling him to not follow in his footsteps plus he's a grown man and knows right from wrong

Depends on the advise. If it's "don't make the mistakes I made and here's why..." that might not be a bad thing.

Depends on the advise. If it's "don't make the mistakes I made and here's why..." that might not be a bad thing.

egg zackly

Id agree that it would all depend upon what kind of advice was being given. Daly certain has some great experience with talent being wasted and how to ruin your own career and life.

Who cares what JD thinks or says..............

You based on what we see on TV and read in the media I would say 'hell knaw' JD has seen his demons and faced them. He could share some great insights into not what to do. Based on his many Mistakes and short comings.
I was addict once in my life and many ppl wrote me off. I pulled myself up and got clean quick fast and a hurry. Years later I went back to my home town and spoke to some of the kids that were headed down my path during high school. I spoke and kept in touch with half the kids that attended the talk. All are doing well I happy to say.
In the grand scheme of things I am nobody out side of my family and my mind. JD has celebrity and can affect more people. The celebrity brings a certain cache, his advise my make a difference. I hope it has a positive outcome.

\ He could share some great insights into not what to do. Based on his many Mistakes and short comings.

Only if he believes they are mistakes and short comings. And while he seems to with certain addictions, he seems to have no problems continuing to show how easy it is to make poor decisions over and over again.

Who is John Daly? lol

Hey now, John Daly is a golf icon here in Western Pennsylvania, hah!

Back