Calling all Western Pennsylvania THP'ers!

SFCoach

Reaction score
So, I'm just curious how many Western Pennsylvania golfers we have around here? I think I've seen a few scattered about here and there. I know we've been buried in rain but I would certainly enjoy meeting up and playing a round with some THP'ers down-the-road. We have so many wonderful courses in this area that I've yet to explore! I need to make some more golf buddies, haha.

What are your favorite courses in this area? Any that you consider your 'home' course?

I consider myself a 'homeless' golfer; I really don't have a 'home' course. One of the courses I play regularly though is Buhl Farm, about an hour north of Pittsburgh. For a 13-handicapper, it might not be much of a challenge. Only about 2400 yards with no Par 5s, but you can't beat the price- it's free.

http://www.buhlfarmpark.com/recreational/golf.htm

I know that a bunch of Northeasterners have gotten together before. I would think that after the THP Outing & Demo Day in a few weeks some might plan another one. They said they had a great time last time.

I'm in southcentral PA.

I consider myself a 'homeless' golfer; I really don't have a 'home' course. One of the courses I play regularly though is Buhl Farm, about an hour north of Pittsburgh. For a 13-handicapper, it might not be much of a challenge. Only about 2400 yards with no Par 5s, but you can't beat the price- it's free.

http://www.buhlfarmpark.com/recreational/golf.htm

Wow - that's pretty awesome! I've never heard of Buhl. And, well, on any given day just about any course can be a challenge for me, haha. They're a little stingy with the $1 price for a pull-cart though, huh? Haha. Thanks for the heads up - I'll have to check it out sometime!

I'm located in Western PA as well and would be all for a local get together after the THP outing in a few weeks. That would give us a few more weeks for the local courses to dry out, etc.

My favorite public course in the Pittsburgh area is Cranberry Highlands in Cranberry Township (30 minutes North(ish)) of downtown. www.cranberryhighlands.com

Love Cranberry Highlands! Such a great municipal course. I've only played it twice (I think) and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience each time.

Yeah, we definitely need a stretch of weather to dry the courses out a bit. But, I'm with you - I'd certainly be down for a local get-together. From what I've seen, looks like we have at least 10 or so active members in the area.

I am in cleveland, but Pittsburgh is only 2 hours from here. If we stayed in the general area I would be able to make the trip for a little golf. I have driven a couple hours (Columbus and Cinci) to play with THPers before so I doubt this would be any different.

That would be awesome..provided you're not a Browns fan! Ahh, what the heck, I guess we could welcome you either way!

That would be awesome..provided you're not a Browns fan! Ahh, what the heck, I guess we could welcome you either way!

Nah- Indianapolis colts. I root for the brownies, but most years it is pretty pathetic.

Im from NE ohio and Im up there very often. Im already getting together for 2 outings with fellow THPers and would be game for a 3rd, just let me know when

i'm northwestern, up near erie, pa. there are some decent courses up our way too.
but i would definitely be interested in a get together anywhere within a few hours...
keep us up-to-date and hopefully my schedule matches up and maybe we'll be able to get a round in with a few THPer's.

Back