Greetings from Arkansas

EBZebra

Reaction score
Handicap
30-ish
Hello, everyone. My name is Eric and I'm new to the site.

I stumbled across THP while randomly searching for ball reviews and different swing theories, and I've been reading over the forum for the past few days. I enjoy the camaraderie, humor and positive vibes of this group, which led me to join.

I've encountered a fair amount of jackassery on several other golf boards, but I don't get that feeling here at all. I'm a nice person who likes to have fun without tearing others down, and I like to associate with like-minded folks. Looking forward to doing that here.

I started playing golf while in college about 20 years ago. One of my roommates was a single-digit handicapper who was tall, weighed about 140 dripping wet and could mash it (think Charles Howell). Encouraged by his patience and good nature, we spent the better part of a summer playing and I learned quite a bit.

I've played on and off since then, depending on my jobs and other commitments, and I've never put a serious, sustained effort into improving until recently. I'm mostly self-taught, but I've had several lessons and I watch/read about golf and instruction almost daily. My goal this year, in no specific order, is to play more often, have more fun and break 90. Despite being a big, strong guy, my game off the tee is where I struggle the most, and my short game is pretty decent. I think if I can get my longer clubs somewhat straightened out, I can get to playing bogey golf by the end of the year. Practice and play, right?

Looking forward to sharing and enjoying everyone here. Glad to be here.

Eric

Welcome to THP Eric!

Welcome to THP. Glad your here!

I've encountered a fair amount of jackassery on several other golf boards, but I don't get that feeling here at all. I'm a nice person who likes to have fun without tearing others down, and I like to associate with like-minded folks. Looking forward to doing that here.

We dont have a lot of that, we have some whatnot, but that is for a different story. Welcome to THP.

We dont have a lot of that, we have some whatnot, but that is for a different story. Welcome to THP.

Ha! Whatnot...

Welcome dude!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm always up for some "whatnot." Love it.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum - you found a great site with amazing members with a wealth of information to share.

Welcome to THP, Eric!

Welcome!!!!!!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP Eric, you have found the world's best golf forum, enjoy.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'm always up for some "whatnot." Love it.

Welcome to THP Eric and if ya like whatnot, you are going to love TC :D.

Welcome! I watch a ton of swing theory stuff as well and will PM you some of my favs to check out in case they might interest you too.

BTW-you're right about the jackassery. Same reason for me why I ended up joining here after accidentally finding it too. Great site with great people.

Thanks, All4's. Right now, I'm really soaking up Jimmy Ballard and similar philosophy. It just makes so much sense to me and I'm trying to simplify things after too much tinkering and overthinking led to a horrible season last year. I've watched everything I can find on YouTube, have Ballard and Rocco's Golf Channel Academy episode from December locked onto the DVR and I miraculously found Ballard's first book on connection (which is out of print) used on Amazon for $15. Haven't gotten to the range yet since I've read it (the weather's been lousy), but I've done a lot of swinging and drill work, trying to ingrain some feels. I really need to get some consistency off the tee and with my longer clubs to get them closer to my short game, which is my strength.

welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

welcome!

Welcome to THP Eric....enjoy !

Welcome to THP! You will enjoy it, I can promise you that!

Back