NFL Draft Contest & Thread

Miller won't fall outside of the top 3. I would love to see him trip to the browns but that simply won't happen.

I am afraid for my safety if the browns take Peterson. CBs in the first round 2 years in a row- and not taking a WR or DT which we desperately need. I think the city might burn.

If the browns do take him- he better become champ freaking Bailey.

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

If the browns do take him- he better become champ freaking Bailey.
Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

Haden is going to be a good one too.
But I thought in 2009 they took Alex Mack and then took a WRs in the 2nd round. I think it was Robiskie and Massequoi

I watched at least 8 of their games. And he single handedly won 3 of them. You obviously have a differnt standard than I do when it comes to football talent. They were ranked 18 in the Fox sports power rankings week 1 (it was the first to pop up and I am limited on time). Nobody knew Newton was this dominant in week 1. So a team rated in the teens at the beginning of the season, to me, has a high level of talent. Sorry if you don't agree.

Here are 5 games I can easily say that he won by himself.

South carolina
South Carolina again
Kentucky
Arkansas
LSU
Could make a case for the Bama game to

And those are just the big games, I didnt even include the games against Bumfuq Tech and Westooth lions

Ummmm. See your above post. You watched the 1st 8 and he (according to you) won almost half them "singlehandedly". Yet just above that you say in the entire season he did not singlehandedly win 5? Thank you for that.

I wish you luck in the contest.

I am confused? I said I watched 8 total. Not the first 8. Most of the ones I didnt see were the blowouts of the crappy out of conference schedule games (Ark ST, Chattanooga, Louisiana Monroe) and they won 3 other SEC games by 22+ points. The kid is great. I have said than many times, and he may have won 4 or more games for them. I just dont think a team ranked in the top 20 preseason has a bad talent level and is an afterthought.

Haden is going to be a good one too.
But I thought in 2009 they took Alex Mack and then took a WRs in the 2nd round. I think it was Robiskie and Massequoi

They did. Robiskie is a slot guy and massequot is not a #1. They were awful last year as a unit. Top two receivers were Ben Watson followed by Hillis.

They also have 1 DT on the roster and just switched to a 4-3. That is really going to hurt next year too. The secondary was not great but it isn't a glaring hole like the others

I hate SethO's tapatalk signature...

I am confused? I said I watched 8 total. Not the first 8. Most of the ones I didnt see were the blowouts of the crappy out of conference schedule games (Ark ST, Chattanooga, Louisiana Monroe) and they won 3 other SEC games by 22+ points. The kid is great. I have said than many times, and he may have won 4 or more games for them. I just dont think a team ranked in the top 20 preseason has a bad talent level and is an afterthought.

But you said cam didnt carry the team. Thats the whole reason im arguing back and forth with you is because you dont believe he carried them, now your saying he did. Your confusing me on this one.

edit: I have 4 QBs going in the top 15. But I have mallet ranked higher than most.

Completely dissagree back!! One football player does not win you a National Championship. You are saying they were a average to bad team and Newton made them win 5-7 more games? Bunk. They have upper level SEC talent.

A little contradictory (bolded sections)

That's just to reference where picks are currently. we only have to pick the slots of the players and not their teams. If I were to change the names around at this point people would be like 'wtf?'
Ah cause you put your list down with the teams in the order the were selecting, I was not sure.

Where you have him going?

I have ponder going in the late first round to at 26-29 depending on who trades.

Still struggling with it. I have Ponder going early 2nd I think. Although I had him going earlier just 20 minutes ago.

That's just to reference where picks are currently. we only have to pick the slots of the players and not their teams. If I were to change the names around at this point people would be like 'wtf?'

Ah ... I just numbered my picks 1-15 with no teams mentioned

Still struggling with it. I have Ponder going early 2nd I think. Although I had him going earlier just 20 minutes ago.

haha

Im working a 'new' one right now. Trying to just get the whole first round and first part of second round but its not working out so well.

I've got Ponder and Mallet both in the second half of the 1st

But you said cam didnt carry the team. Thats the whole reason im arguing back and forth with you is because you dont believe he carried them, now your saying he did. Your confusing me on this one.

edit: I have 4 QBs going in the top 15. But I have mallet ranked higher than most.

I've got Ponder and Mallet both in the second half of the 1st

What teams do you think take a flyer with Ponder that early?

I've got all you boys whipped in this contest. There will be trades galore.

I have Ponder going to the Jags at 16 (tiebreaker) and Mallett could go to the Seahawks
What teams do you think take a flyer with Ponder that early?

Boom and yes I know nothing about college football:

01) Carolina—Cam Newton
02) Denver—Marcell Dareus
03) Buffalo—Von Miller
04) Cincinnati—Trade to Washington--Blaine Gabbert
05) Arizona—Robert Quinn
06) Cleveland—AJ Green
07) San Fran—Patrick Peterson
08) Tennessee—Trade to St. Louis--Julio Jones
09) Dallas Cowboys—Tyron Smith
10) Washington trade to Cincinnati—Ryan Mallett
11) Houston Texans—JJ Watt
12) Minnesota—Jake Locker
13) Detroit—Prince Amukamara
14) St Louis trade to Tennessee—Nick Fairley
15) Miami—Mark Ingram

I have Ponder going to the Jags at 16 (tiebreaker) and Mallett could go to the Seahawks

You're assuming that the other 3 QB's are going super early then? I don't think that will happen. No one wants to pay any of these QB's that kind of money.

No way that Fairley drops to 14. I just submitted my entry and need him to go higher than that. I know nothing about this stuff but did some interweb research and submitted and entry for the heck of it!

You're assuming that the other 3 QB's are going super early then? I don't think that will happen. No one wants to pay any of these QB's that kind of money.

I kind of agree with TC here. Not sure I see Ponder going that early....And based on boards, you think Jags are taking a QB huh?

you're prob right but QB's go higher than they prob should anyway just from the nature of the position. also I don't think 3 QB's in the top 15 isn't outrageous either

Since everyone else is I will toss up my picks:

1- Cam Newton
2- Marcel Dareus
3- Von Miller
4- AJ Green
5- Patrick Peterson
6- Julio Jones
7- Prince Amukamara
8- Nick Fairley
9- Tyron Smith
10- Blaine Gabbert
11- Robert Quinn