NFL Draft Contest & Thread

He won't be there dude, he's gone at #1 to the Patriots :alien:

Keep dreaming of a draft where the Kitties don't take Newton but I'm sorry it's going to happen. Hehehehehehe

He won't be there dude, he's gone at #1 to the Patriots :alien:

No way!! Remember Bellichick loves stocking up and drafting people in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds. No waydoes he jump up to #1. In fact I bet one of their first round picks gets traded away so they gain more picks later.

No way!! Remember Bellichick loves stocking up and drafting people in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds. No waydoes he jump up to #1. In fact I bet one of their first round picks gets traded away so they gain more picks later.

Let me be optimistic, haha

We'll find out tomorrow night. Let me ask you this though, why do the Pats need to stock up, and on what? They're coming off a 14 win season with all the pieces coming back. Why wouldn't they at least consider it?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

TC I think there is too much depth in this draft. The Pats won't be looking to move up that far. I can see them packaging some picks to move up a little though. Maybe trying to get Ingram

We'll find out tomorrow night. Let me ask you this though, why do the Pats need to stock up, and on what? They're coming off a 14 win season with all the pieces coming back. Why wouldn't they at least consider it?

This could change or be way off base depending on what happens with the CBA but the answer is money. They don't want to pay #1 money. They never do. Brady gets paid in that team and that's it. They get rid of guys before they pay them huge money.

Ok you can be optimistic. Yes they could consider it but it is just not like them and their history. You said the answer yourself, they are comming off a 14 wn season with all the pieces coming back. They do not need that one player to put them over the top, they are already there. That is why I suggest they will trade down, for a cople of reasons: 1) to save $$$ ( always important) and 2) To build up depth- you can never have too many good players at key positions. You never know when the injury bug will hit, (see Bledsoe/Brady for that one and where Brady was drafted).

TC I think there is too much depth in this draft. The Pats won't be looking to move up that far. I can see them packaging some picks to move up a little though. Maybe trying to get Ingram

He is the only one that would make sense for them to try to go get. They don't have that stud RB, and even if they got Ingram I think they will run a committee still.

This could change or be way off base depending on what happens with the CBA but the answer is money. They don't want to pay #1 money. They never do. Brady gets paid in that team and that's it. They get rid of guys before they pay them huge money.

There goes that theory...hehe
Brady was not the highest paid guy on the Pats last year.

You guys and your logic!

Mine's in. Good freaking luck! Ha!

There goes that theory...hehe
Brady was not the highest paid guy on the Pats last year.

Didn't he get that deal for $18 mil a season?

Didn't he get that deal for $18 mil a season?

Not really. If you divided it up evenly then yes. Vince Wilfork made the most on that team last year according to salary stats.

Not really. If you divided it up evenly then yes. Vince Wilfork made the most on that team last year according to salary stats.

Who the he11 is Vince Wilfork?

#75, the big monster Defensive tackle that disrupts offensive lines and offensive game plans all the time.

This big dude...

vince-wilfork.jpg

With the #1 pick in the draft the Panthers take Cam Newton!

Exactly! For some odd reason I don't think the Bills go with QB though. They're pretty notorious for picking what they don't need, lol.

Plus, I'm just praying that Carolina off's that 1st pick.

Barring trades, I think the Bill pick up Ponder or Mallet in the early 2nd.

Mallet's a stud. But, is he the next Ryan Leaf?...who some folks had rated higher the Peyton in their draft.

I think Cowboy's go Off. Tackle or Cornerback. Most guru's are thinking it's Anthony Costanzo or Tyron Smith. I hope they go the CB route with Prince Amukamara (Nebraska). The other CB, Peterson, probably won't fall to the 9 spot.

I'd rather see Dallas sign the raiders CB and then go OL with that first pick.

Back