NFL Draft Contest & Thread

He sure can. Hed just completely shut down one side of the field and probably expose Jenkins oh wait that already happened. Any rumors floating around about where he might sign?

You know whats funny, normally there are tons of rumors or I will talk to a guy and we hear "he's going here". Right now, there are none. With the labor talks, people are scared to say a word. Guys like Rosenass that normally drop hints to people and other agents that put words out, are quiet (well for them).

You know whats funny, normally there are tons of rumors or I will talk to a guy and we hear "he's going here". Right now, there are none. With the labor talks, people are scared to say a word. Guys like Rosenass that normally drop hints to people and other agents that put words out, are quiet (well for them).

And with the latest ruling that could change very quickly. The NFL lost in court again to get a "stay" so it may be open for business very soon. Which could put a whole new spin on the draft too, if trades of players are involved.

And with the latest ruling that could change very quickly. The NFL lost in court again to get a "stay" so it may be open for business very soon. Which could put a whole new spin on the draft too, if trades of players are involved.

That is the part that is intriguing to me, because with the salaries not moving, it appears nobody is trying to get to that #1 spot (as of yesterday), so could players change that if salaries could be moved?

That is the part that is intriguing to me, because with the salaries not moving, it appears nobody is trying to get to that #1 spot (as of yesterday), so could players change that if salaries could be moved?

Good question. I bet someone like Kolb gets traded real quick like if the NFL opens for business. I keep wondering just how long can the NFL stall? Theyre going to be in contempt of court here pretty soon.

Good question. I bet someone like Kolb gets traded real quick like if the NFL opens for business. I keep wondering just how long can the NFL stall? Theyre going to be in contempt of court here pretty soon.

I asked a writer in NY about him yesterday. His answer was pretty funny.

"What are they going to get, a 4th? I mean they botched this, they really did, they had a chance to move him for a 2nd last season and held on to him. My money says he either gets released or nothing higher than a 3rd"

His words, not mind, but I found them kind of funny.

The NFL is appealing the ruling this morning and from every thing I've read and heard this morning, it looks like GM's will be open for business. Could make for the most interesting trades tonight that we may have ever seen.

So how many are going to be here to chat draft tonight?

Yeah today and tonight could be quite interesting. Kolb could go from being locked out to living in a whole new state and playing for another team. So who gets released first I wonder? And does that mean FA starts? Probably not is my guess.

I'll be on tonight.

My picks go something like this:

1. Cam Newton
2. Marcel Dareus
3. Von Miller
4. AJ Green
5. Peterson
6. Jones
7. Amukamara
8. Fairley
9. Smith
10. Locker
11. Quinn
12. Castonzo
13. Bowers
14. JJ Watt
15. Pouncy

Ryan Mallet : #25
Christian Ponder: #35

I am in

1. Newton
2. Dareus
3. Gabbert
4. Green
5. Quinn
6. Peterson
7. Miller
8. Fairley
9. Smith
10. Locker
11. Amukamura
12. Jordan
13. Pouncey
14. Jones
15. Castanzo

What is everybody's consensus with when things will start to shake up. It appears that almost everybody feels that Newton goes 1 and Dareus goes 2. But lots have #3 different. Is that when you think things get interesting?

What is everybody's consensus with when things will start to shake up. It appears that almost everybody feels that Newton goes 1 and Dareus goes 2. But lots have #3 different. Is that when you think things get interesting?

yes, i think the fun begins with Buffalo. Never thought I'd say that.

First of all, I'll be here. I watch the draft every year, and the wife is out of town right now, so I'll be chatting it up on here.

Also, JB, I'm not even sure anymore that Dareus is going #2. I'm hearing more talk that Von Miller is going #2 to the Broncos. Pairing him with Dumervil would give the Broncos a pretty good pass rush.

Well. Here she is. Do I have any "WTF" picks?

1. cam newton
  2. marcel dareus
  3. von miller
  4. blaine gabbert
  5. AJ green
  6. Nick fairley
  7. robert quinn
  8. patrick peterson
  9. tyrone smith
  10. julio jones
  11. Jake Locker
  12. cameron jordan
  13. Corey Liuget
  14. Prince Amukamara
  15. Mike Pouncey

Tie Breakers

Ryan Mallett - 24
Christian Ponder-26

First of all, I'll be here. I watch the draft every year, and the wife is out of town right now, so I'll be chatting it up on here.

Also, JB, I'm not even sure anymore that Dareus is going #2. I'm hearing more talk that Von Miller is going #2 to the Broncos. Pairing him with Dumervil would give the Broncos a pretty good pass rush.

I have heard the same. I still think they go with Dareus, but wouldn't at all be surprised if this goes down.

There is a chance that the fun starts at #1. If they don't take Newton, everyone will be scrambling. HAHA

I've said that earlier dude....and since I've been there to, I'm surprised I'm saying it as well.

A little fun at #3, then again around #7... How do you see it on your board JB?

Very well possible. Im not sold on it either, I was basing it on what everybody was putting up for their entries in the thread.

Back