NFL Draft Contest & Thread

Except that you have the patriots taking him at #1 haha

Miller
Dareus
Newton
green
Peterson

Well, guess it wouldnt mess it up to bad.

Teams don't matter for the contest dude, just the player. Don't worry, Cam's going #1 b/c the football gods hate me.

The talk was Jones or Green. That is what most are predicting....Still not sold on that since they have a #1 WR.

They want another threat on the outside besides Roddy White. Tony Gonzalez is getting old, and here's the thing that no one talks about: even though Atlanta runs the ball a ton, they don't run it all that well in terms of yardarge per attempt, and that showed up in the playoffs last year. I think they're going to put more weight on Matt Ryan going forward, and they want another big-time WR to go along with White. I really doubt AJ Green drops to 6, but Julio Jones should be there.

Almost time....

Wait, WHAT?! Come on now, you have to watch the draft. Ex boyfriend wins if you dont get to watch it. Cant let that happen!

Spoken like a single man.

They want another threat on the outside besides Roddy White. Tony Gonzalez is getting old, and here's the thing that no one talks about: even though Atlanta runs the ball a ton, they don't run it all that well in terms of yardarge per attempt, and that showed up in the playoffs last year. I think they're going to put more weight on Matt Ryan going forward, and they want another big-time WR to go along with White. I really doubt AJ Green drops to 6, but Julio Jones should be there.

Everybody does. But to spend that kind of money on position players (White, Ryan, Turner) and now another WR is astronomical in capology numbers, without addressing other critical concerns.

Of course they dont. They dont have anybody to throw an elite WR the ball.

Their offense is Run Hillis Run.

You don't think that McCoy has a chance to be a top 15 QB in the NFL?
I think he fits a west coast system well and showed at least some potential last year in his starts. Getting Montero Hardesty this year back from the injury should also help "conserve" Hillis and hopefully make him a little more effective.

She who rules the house won't let me watch the draft. Something to do with some ex boy friend of hers so I'm depending on you guys to keep me filled in. Is that cool?

I can call you so you can hear the commish say...

"With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft The Carolina Panthers select.... Cam Newton, quarterback, Auburn"

Do you need a round 1 guy to find that? There are several good #2 type WR and some slot/possessions guys that will be around end of round two. Seems like that might be a better option.

Teams don't matter for the contest dude, just the player. Don't worry, Cam's going #1 b/c the football gods hate me.

I know dude, I was just messing with you. I do have to ask though, why are you so convinced cam will be a bust?

You don't think that McCoy has a chance to be a top 15 QB in the NFL?

None whatsoever. Adequate at best, and I like the guy.

Rumor right now that the Saints are BLOWING UP the phones to move up and jsut not offering enough to get there.

Do you need a round 1 guy to find that? There are several good #2 type WR and some slot/possessions guys that will be around end of round two. Seems like that might be a better option.

Absolutely and get more pressing needs.

I know dude, I was just messing with you. I do have to ask though, why are you so convinced cam will be a bust?

I don't think he will be necessarily but I don't know why the Panthers need a QB who runs. We have two good running backs. He'll have absolutely no one to throw the ball to either. The Panthers will be the most boring offensive team in the NFL, even with Cam Newton.

I don't think he will be necessarily but I don't know why the Panthers need a QB who runs. We have two good running backs. He'll have absolutely no one to throw the ball to either. The Panthers will be the most boring offensive team in the NFL, even with Cam Newton.

But still more exciting than last years team with Noodle arm Claussen.

Agreed. There's a WR out of UNC named Greg Little that I think is going to be great in the NFL.

Everybody does. But to spend that kind of money on position players (White, Ryan, Turner) and now another WR is astronomical in capology numbers, without addressing other critical concerns.

Normally that would be a good point with the cap....but who knows what the cap is going to be going forward?

Also, just to be the contrarian, the Colts have done pretty well in the past few years by having most of the assets tied up in their skill position players on offense, which could be a model for Atlanta.

Cam Newton is the #1 pick in the draft.

But still more exciting than last years team with Noodle arm Claussen.

hahaha, hater!

Welcome to Charlotte Cam!

Cam Newton shaking hands TC. Looks like he's #1

Did you ever think that S Smith decides to stay?

I can call you so you can hear the commish say...

"With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft The Carolina Panthers select.... Cam Newton, quarterback, Auburn"

You can just post the video so he can watch it over and over and over. :D

Normally that would be a good point with the cap....but who knows what the cap is going to be going forward?

Also, just to be the contrarian, the Colts have done pretty well in the past few years by having most of the assets tied up in their skill position players on offense, which could be a model for Atlanta.

Yet the Colts are a perfect example here. They are only paying 1 WR right now hefty money. Paying 2 WRs big money is a recipe that Cincy just had and we saw how that went. Granted different players, but there has to be enough balls to go around for that kind of cash. Guys like Jenkins or a 2nd / mid round pick make more sense.

They're not going to have 2 good running backs after Deangelo Williams leaves in free agency, whenever that happens.

Welcome Cam Newton to Carolina!

Boom Newton first pick!

Cam Newton #1... woo hoo I got one right!!! ( let's hope this is not the last one I get right tonight..lol)

Sounds like Denver is going with Von Miller. I hope not for the sake of my picks.

1 for 1! Haha. Congrats TC

Back