SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

I am not an official tester, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night... But my SeeMore FGP showed up the other day, and today is the first I'll have a chance to go roll it on grass. I'm going to watch the DVD again this morning before I go out, just to put everything back fresh in my mind the head to the course.

I also received my M1 on the same day Seymore arrived, so I have some work to do on the range and practice green before I put everything in play.

Good idea. Ive been getting the flow in stages. Have fun with it.

Do you have any ideas about what may be causing your issues with lag putts? Are they normally short, long, off line, etc. ?

Do you have any ideas about what may be causing your issues with lag putts? Are they normally short, long, off line, etc. ?

Hawk - guessing that was for me. The course I have been playing during the week was aerated 3-4 weeks ago. So the greens were real sandy with hardly any grass so that made them pretty quick. Yesterday, they have grass coming in so they were not mowed that day I think and they were pretty slow. Just a matter of getting adapted to them. I also know that several times yesterday I just failed to hit the ball...decelerated through impact. After being short, I told myself that I would not leave a putt short and ran it by 6 feet. Oops!! I really believe I just need to get out and practice more (instead of playing as much) on real greens instead of my mat at home and it will come around.

Thanks for the response. I seem to remember another tester mentioning it a little while back as well. Lag putts are tough and I can do some pretty funny things from 50 feet away.

Hawk - guessing that was for me. The course I have been playing during the week was aerated 3-4 weeks ago. So the greens were real sandy with hardly any grass so that made them pretty quick. Yesterday, they have grass coming in so they were not mowed that day I think and they were pretty slow. Just a matter of getting adapted to them. I also know that several times yesterday I just failed to hit the ball...decelerated through impact. After being short, I told myself that I would not leave a putt short and ran it by 6 feet. Oops!! I really believe I just need to get out and practice more (instead of playing as much) on real greens instead of my mat at home and it will come around.

I've some what developed a hybrid putt by mixing what works for me from my old routien with the new. I hope to go back to strictly using the SeeMore method as soon as I can spend a little more time on the course. At that point you will see lots of goofy mistakes until I can compeletly grasp the idea.

And I will be looking forward to it. That will be a very honest review and will be more beneficial to thos of us following along with your progress.

I definitely want to hear of people having some troubles also. That way if I decide to make a purchase, and don't get it right away, I won't just give up since everyone else was perfect immediately.

I will be gaming it for the first time tomorrow, and wouldn't be surprised if I struggle a bit. All of my posts so far have had to do with practice and transition to SeeMore Techniques. Now on to the next phase. Tomorrow, I will be using a new putter, new stroke, new grip, and slightly new stance. On top of that, I haven't played in over a month. I have practiced the techniques for the better part of 10 hours over this period, so that will help. But we all know practice and the real thing are quite a bit different. I am very excited and really open to anything from great success to serious struggle.

Thanks for the response. I seem to remember another tester mentioning it a little while back as well. Lag putts are tough and I can do some pretty funny things from 50 feet away.

I was one of them too. I mainly leave lags short. Sometimes WAY short (downhill) because I guess i'd rather have a short downhill than a long uphill? I ultimately have not been a great putter but at least now I've got some consistency to baseline my approach and hopefully will be able to improve/correct from there.

And I will be looking forward to it. That will be a very honest review and will be more beneficial to thos of us following along with your progress.

Thank you, what a nice thing to say. As it goes right now I'm trying to incorporate everything from the video, all of the techniques, I just stand closer to the ball and a little more over the top. However, thats possibly the most important part of the SeeMore method and possibly the toughest for a SBST putter. Scooting back and staying more upright creates the arc swing and my method really don't utilize it, so I have a lot of work ahead. I'll post a few video's as I go.

Has Ted given any of you some ideas for working on lag putts? If so, I'd love to hear them.

Has Ted given any of you some ideas for working on lag putts? If so, I'd love to hear them.

I've not asked Ted for any info on this, lag putting has generally been the last of my worries. Reading way too much break and missing right has hurt me the most over the last 4 or 5 times out.

Thank you, what a nice thing to say. As it goes right now I'm trying to incorporate everything from the video, all of the techniques, I just stand closer to the ball and a little more over the top. However, thats possibly the most important part of the SeeMore method and possibly the toughest for a SBST putter. Scooting back and staying more upright creates the arc swing and my method really don't utilize it, so I have a lot of work ahead. I'll post a few video's as I go.

as a first time user as I stated a page back....I really didn't want to nor really knew all the technical stuff of See more or Pat's techniques. Only thing I did was try to bend from the hips(don't know if I did it correctly), and changed the grip (more on the fingers and have the right hand more to the side). And with that, I basically just concentrated swinging with my shoulders not thinking about arc or SBST!

I do half of the times see little red on the follow through (right of the shaft) indicating that I am straigthening my left wrist which explaines my pushes at times.

But the amazing thing about this RST system is that it really takes away any inclination of having to adjust my face or body alignment. Obviously with anything, some if not lot of the fundamentals needs to exist. But taking out handful variables (which might be the most important) just makes things easier.

I could honestly say that almost every putt I made was started on the intended line. I missed cause of poor read and speed, but it did go exactly where I was aiming.

Today after lunch here in SoCal (85 degrees and sunny) I went out to a local course where the practice green is relatively flat....and I was practicing these 25 + ft putts, I wanted to test my alignment with this putter. I rarely practice those lengths....I practice mostly 5-10-15. But with those long putts I lined up, thought about speed, and with good rythm I was literally (little exaggeration) like burning the lips and like IDK like 25% going in. This one old man watching me had a big smile seeing me sink these 30 footers....unfortunately I had to come back to work, but once the setup is good...you know you are aligned and so literally just focus on a good swing. FGP has the one line to align....I didn't use any alignment, I took my stance and aligned with my eyes then made sure I wasn't seeing any red (does this make sense?)

I never purchased a Seemore cause mainly onething....the looks. I really didn't like the looks, and still it's not the best looking putter. But I was getting tired of the inconsistentcy and always second guessing in my putting and I was desperate. The FGP model is lot lighter then I'm used to or like, and so I am getting a M3 (which to me looks the best) and so with the extra weight I should be even more comfortable.

CAn you guys hear my excitement??? sorry for rambling...but truly this seemore and true tempo has given me new life recently.

Holding 1, you do sound excited and that's great to hear. I'm guessing the boys at SeeMore would love to hear from you and help in any way possible.

I know one of the points in the video was dealing with the red and they mentioned there's no need to worry about the red showing in your follow through.

That sounds amazing hitting all those Long putts. If you can, feel free to post a vid, its always cool to see people practice putting. Especially with this tool.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Well I played 18 on Tuesday. I sent Ted an email about the problems i felt I was having as well as some set up photos. He responded that everything looked GREAT except the toe of my putter was to high. He told me that i needed to move in about an inch. So Saturday I will be attempting this new improved set-up a little bit closer. so hopefully I wont be misssing on the Pro-Side but sticking it in the cup.

Read alot of good updates today from alot of people even those that aren't testers and thats great because we can all learn from each other. Good Luck all. Be fore I end this I do want to write that the confidence that has built up because of RST has crossed over to my chipping game and it has helped me out so much. Until Saturday......

Well I played 18 on Tuesday. I sent Ted an email about the problems i felt I was having as well as some set up photos. He responded that everything looked GREAT except the toe of my putter was to high. He told me that i needed to move in about an inch. So Saturday I will be attempting this new improved set-up a little bit closer. so hopefully I wont be misssing on the Pro-Side but sticking it in the cup.

Read alot of good updates today from alot of people even those that aren't testers and thats great because we can all learn from each other. Good Luck all. Be fore I end this I do want to write that the confidence that has built up because of RST has crossed over to my chipping game and it has helped me out so much. Until Saturday......

Had the same issue during my fitting at SeeMore. The only way I can make sure I eliminate the toe being up is to make sure that I have Black Beauty soled flat on the green. Then I know I'm actually at the right distance at address.

I am not one of the testers, however THP is responsible for the Si-4 being in my bag. I am such a fan of everything about it. The insert is fantastic. A very firm insert that doesn't rob the golfer of feel.

My biggest wish for Seemore is for the more classic and known shapes to be incorporated into Seemore's line-up. But overall, I believe that Seemore is overlooked and the Si-4 isn't talked about enough by fans of the Anser shape.

Long day tomorrow planned. Going to do a garage sale early. Then it's off to the practice green for quite a few hours of work. Going to finally get some video. Have not posted any yet because I've only been able to get to the putting green after dinner and it's been too dark out to get any good video. Can't wait. Need to really hone a quicker pre shot routine.

Had the same issue during my fitting at SeeMore. The only way I can make sure I eliminate the toe being up is to make sure that I have Black Beauty soled flat on the green. Then I know I'm actually at the right distance at address.

I will remember that during my round ..Thanks

I am not one of the testers, however THP is responsible for the Si-4 being in my bag. I am such a fan of everything about it. The insert is fantastic. A very firm insert that doesn't rob the golfer of feel.

My biggest wish for Seemore is for the more classic and known shapes to be incorporated into Seemore's line-up. But overall, I believe that Seemore is overlooked and the Si-4 isn't talked about enough by fans of the Anser shape.

I hear you blugold That's what my baby is Si4. I love her .It is a first of her type for me. Used to play Mallet styles. Never going back. SeeMore is a Great company. RST is going to put them in front of the rest oneday soon. This Testing thread is a great start.

I am heading to bed, then at 8:30 tomorrow morning my first round with the Si3 at washington national. Big tough undulating greens. A great first test.

Seymore and I had pretty good first day on the course. I won't say fantastic, but then I wasn't really expecting that. 15 on the front with only (1) 3-putt & 21 on the back with (3) 3-putts. For the last couple years I have been using an alignment stripe on my ball, yesterday I only used that stripe once. My alignment was better than it has ever been. Almost every ball I struck went on the intended line. The grip change was minimal for me. I was pretty close to the Pat O'Brien grip to begin with. The stance changes were a bit more involved, and I'm still not sure if I have it correct. I need to shoot some good video to see if I'm even in the ballpark.

I struggle with the longer 25'+ putts. My stroke gets erratic, wobbly, if that makes sense. I have a harder time making a smooth stroke when I know I need to go long distance, and tend to take the putter back outside and then have to correct coming back to impact. Almost every putt was short, on my intended line but on the right side of the cup. I need to work on my reads more, but that has nothing to do with the putter. By the end of my round I was starting to feel a bit tight in the back, but that was also expected given a two hour range session, plus 45 minutes on the practice green beforehand.

Overall I'm happy with what I have so far. The honeymoon phase of a new club is always exciting, and we can tend to write off some issues due to using a new club. Leaving everything short is a bit disconcerting to me as I had that pretty well whooped with my old putter and putting style (forward press). I plan to get back out today, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm a little late to the review party as I was on vacation when I got my Seemore. I've spent the past few days practicing extensively and here are my thoughts. I received the Si4 Anser style model with a black oversized Feeltech grip.

17avril2011001.jpg

17avril2011004.jpg

17avril2011009.jpg

17avril2011027.jpg

17avril2011032.jpg

Looks : I usually enjoy bright colours and a bit of flash and the Seemore doesn't have any of that. However, the plain black of the clubhead and grip with the simple white alignment aids are awesome. It's clean and the only thing to focus on is the alignment and hiding the red dot. The black head and white ball make a nice contrast and increased my focus. The head is a classic anser style and it fit my eyes really well.

Putting
: Here's where this putter stands out. I'll admit that the first thing I did was grab the putter out of the box and start putting with it. I remember Ted at Seemore saying they promoted a more upright position. It's the only thing I modified a little bit when putting with this.

The first thing I immediately noticed was that I was aiming left with my body (left handed) when the aligment aids were set up and I was hiding the red dot. I was a decent putter with consistency issues beforehand and would still make some putts from my old setup but it made me realize immediately the cause of my consistency issues was my setup. When I thought I was well set up I was actually aiming left with my body and at my line with the putter. This meant that I was coming across myself and this led to pulled putts when I made bad stroke. This was exactly what Ted was saying would happen when I spoke with him.

It was a bit odd at first because I felt like I was setup wrong and thought my stance was open when correctly aligned, but after hitting a couple dozen putts and seeing them go straight on my intended line it became a bit more natural.

I'll admit that I haven't changed my grip to the one recommended by Seemore. My grip has remained unchanged with both pointer fingers straight down the shaft. I don't mean to be arrogant but I feel I originally had a decent stroke. That being said, this putter came with an oversized grip. I used to play a standard odyssey with 10 wraps of tape and this one felt much bigger, but it felt really really good in my hand.

The insert on this putter is really nice, I won't comment too much on feel as feel is pretty personnal but to me it felt much firmer than say an odyssey but was still felt a tad softer than a milled steel putter. It has a bit of a plastic sound and not a tinny sound to my hear and it didn't appeal to me or turn me off from the putter.

Thoughts:

Seemore promotes a consistent setup and good fundamentals (grip, posture, alignment, stroke) and I feel they strongly deliver on that. This putter takes most of the guesswork out of putting. Once the red dot is hidden, you have confidence that you're well set up. I now only have to make sure I make a solid stroke and pick the right line. Putting is hard enough and I really feel Seemore helps in making it easier. Pace, stroke and reading greens I will still have to work on, but knowing I always step into a putt in the same manner every time gives me a lot more confidence and that's huge in putting. I picked up my old putter and immediately was hitting better putts with it because of the Seemore. I feel this putter will be in my bag for the season even if I hit a few rough patches with it.

If you want to become a better putter, Seemore will help you with that. Does this mean I won't try other putters? No, but I will keep my Seemore and keep coming back to it periodically if something beats it out to ensure my fundamentals are still good. To me the Seemore is an awesome putter well worth its price and as an added bonus, it's a awesome training aid. If you're looking at getting a new putter, you'd be crazy not to consider a Seemore and at least give their staff a call.

Good post, I look forward to hearing your continued thoughts as you progress with your SeeMore.

Very nice review lcsmrtn . My box and your box must be twins. haha :drinks:

Nice review Icm, enjoyed the honesty that you may stray a bit, but will come back for fine tuning. Enjoy the process, can't wait to hear more.

Tap,Tap,Tap

lots of great write up. Love to hear all the excitement in everyone post. Holen1. great round. Welcome to the Seemore family. Seems like that is what it is becoming.

Well the last couple of rounds have not been as good for me. I have struggled making putts from 5-8 feet. Before it was like everything was dropping in the hole, as of late we are starting to get some lip outs and flat out misses. Once again I have only been playing and have not taken the time to just practice. I need to just set aside a couple of hours and work on my alignment and stroke. I know its all confidence and when you feel like you can make everything you do and visa versa. Even my boys have said "Dad your not putting like you were"

I have found myself rolling them into the from of the cup instead of ramming them in, on short putts like I was at first. I have played 6 different courses in the last two weeks and I think all the different greens, speeds and slopes have started taking its toll on my confidence.

Last round I had 34 putts with two 3 putts, that's not normal for me.

so its back to work on the putting green at my home course tomorrow to get it back in order. I also need to watch the video again.

I still have total faith in the arrow its the Indian that needs work.

Back