Taylormade XFT Wedge

Just got my 56/12 degree bounce wedge yesterday. Hit it a few times and felt like the sound was a little hollow. Is it just me or how the face is constructed or whatever? Thanks!

I agree with you, I've found the sound a bit hollow if you catch the ball a groove or two up as JB mentioned. I only get this when the ball is sitting way up on a fluffy lie though and I get too far under it.

Just to clarify, my wedge has the red ZTP insert.

I have 2 xFT wedges and love them both. Feel great and sound great to me!

Thanks Tuna, I'll try to watch that today, I may be getting too far under the ball. As I say, haven't had the chance to work with it on the range per se.

The spinner shafts are awesome in these! I love them. I used to hit my wedges really really high, but I noticed these brought the ball flight down some and therefore I am a lot more accurate. They feel great and Im very happy. It was a $25 well spent for each shaft.

I just got a 50/54/58 in a trade with the hirev shafts, can't wait to take them to the course. The head weight feels higher than my old wedges, I like it!

I'm still a fan of mine and haven't replaced my faces yet and I am going on about 10 months. Starting to show more wear now.

Went out and practiced a bit with this wedge this afternoon. Felt a little better about it, will keep working to refine it. I am going to change the grip, just can't get a good feel with the OEM grip.

Went out and practiced a bit with this wedge this afternoon. Felt a little better about it, will keep working to refine it. I am going to change the grip, just can't get a good feel with the OEM grip.
That is the first thing I did with mine.

The spinner shafts are awesome in these! I love them. I used to hit my wedges really really high, but I noticed these brought the ball flight down some and therefore I am a lot more accurate. They feel great and Im very happy. It was a $25 well spent for each shaft.

I have S300s in mine and I really love them, but part of me wants to put some spinners in these just for fun!

I'm still a fan of mine and haven't replaced my faces yet and I am going on about 10 months. Starting to show more wear now.
I have replaced my 55* one time. Those faces hole up to wear nicely.
I changed my grips as well. Put some Multi compounds on them. I like that rough(cord) feeling that they have.
I have S300s in mine and I really love them, but part of me wants to put some spinners in these just for fun!

Grab one just for the heck of it. There only $25 bucks. Vibrant golf did mine, you dont have to have them painted either.

I had the chance to play today and work more with my new wedge. Changing the grip was a big help, I went to a Tour Wrap Jumbo that I had received from Golf Pride. No hollow sound and getting more and more comfortable with the club.

thinking of adding one of these to my new MB set. Need a good wedge or two. Thinking 60* and 54* but not sure. Want something out of the green side bunkers and for 60 yds in... any suggestions on * to get?

thinking of adding one of these to my new MB set. Need a good wedge or two. Thinking 60* and 54* but not sure. Want something out of the green side bunkers and for 60 yds in... any suggestions on * to get?

i use my 60* xft wedge for 60 yards in and for the bunkers and i like the xft wedges

I've never been comfortable hitting a 60 out of the sand, though I continue to practice it. I have the 56 and 60 of the XFT and really like them. I would say if you are only going to add 1 I would go with the 56, but that's just me.

I've gone with the 54.12 and 58.09 combination.

I use a 50/54/58, and right now I don't use a 4 iron and I'm thinking about dropping the PW from the iron set and putting the 4 iron back in the bag, oh the choices!

Back to topic, I like to hit the 58 from anywhere about 50-60 yards and in, the 54 is good from 60-100 and the 50 is good from 100 and a little longer, but it all depends on the weather conditions as well.

I'm going to get the 54 and 58. Should be exactly what I need.

Okay now I need to rethink what *'s to get. My MB set I thought was coming with a GW. But after all the confusion and ordering wrong, it won't. So I need to get 2 wedges. One for greenside bunkers and around the green and one for about 60-70 yds out. My PW is a 47*. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What about bounce too???

My PW is 47* also and I went with a 52 and 56* setup. I use my 52 from around 80 yards and in

I am really liking my 56/12 now that I changed the grip to a Tour Wrap jumbo. Really pleased I went with the club...when I can afford it, might add the 52 as well. Let me ask all of you, do you have the jumbo grip on a gap or A wedge.

Since I liked my 58.09 xFT so much I got a 54.12 as well. Played it for the first time on Tuesday in a 9-hole two-man best ball work league without any warm up, just straight from the box, into my bag, never touched a ball or the ground. So what is my first swing with it? 75 yards from left of a short par 4, behind trees, off of pine needles, over two bunkers... but the 54 did it's job very well - under the branches in front, over the bunkers, landed 10 feet below the hole and checked up in a couple of feet. Couldn't have asked for more than that. Heck of a way to break it in, though. I did get to hit a full, normal shot from the fairway on the next hole into a par 5, at least. Love the feel and plenty of spin from the face and KBS Hi-Rev (I had a DG Spinner in the wedge this one replaced and I prefer the KBS personally - for me).

Back