TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

that sucks, this has been the 5th rainiest April on record for us.

I'm assuming that because you're "midwest" you see a lot of similar weather as I do.

I'm assuming that because you're "midwest" you see a lot of similar weather as I do.

ya, im in indiana, weather has been horrible so far this year

I love hearing you guys complain about the rain, move out here, we'll show you what rain looks like. Sorry you guys can't get out though, hopefully the courses dry quick for you.

I love hearing you guys complain about the rain, move out here, we'll show you what rain looks like. Sorry you guys can't get out though, hopefully the courses dry quick for you.

lol my course is under 8 foot of water i have a good reason to complain:D

I know that the weather in Wisconsin isn't the worst weather in the world, but it doesn't always cooperate with tee times.

I am by no means a TaylorMade guy and haven't really played a club from them in a really long time. That said I am going to give this hybrid a go and will report back. I don't hate the looks of it and the white doesn't bother me as much as I first thought. Personally I was hoping the Mashie would work for me because I loved everything about it...except the offset. After a few hours at the range last night I just couldn't hit it straight. The hybrid search continues.

I'm playing 18 tomorrow and will have a review to put up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am by no means a TaylorMade guy and haven't really played a club from them in a really long time. That said I am going to give this hybrid a go and will report back. I don't hate the looks of it and the white doesn't bother me as much as I first thought. Personally I was hoping the Mashie would work for me because I loved everything about it...except the offset. After a few hours at the range last night I just couldn't hit it straight. The hybrid search continues.

Hopefully it works out for ya, the offset on the Rescue 11 is minimal, it looks and performs great

Let us know what you think. If you are looking for a point and shoot hybrid that will go straight with little effort, I am not sure if this is going to be your favorite. I found that it is not the most forgiving club and I find that it is very easy to move the ball left with it. However, the distance is fantastic, the feel is second to none, and the sound is special. The feedback after each shot will let you know exactly what you did wrong or right. But please let us know what you think.

Pretty much agree with most of your thoughts. Distance is fantastic when you catch it dead center though. The feel is good when caught closer to the center, and feel is definitely second to none when (you guessed it) caught on the center. As much as I like this club, there are too many things lost with it when you're not hitting it close to the center of the club face.
Let us know what you think. If you are looking for a point and shoot hybrid that will go straight with little effort, I am not sure if this is going to be your favorite. I found that it is not the most forgiving club and I find that it is very easy to move the ball left with it. However, the distance is fantastic, the feel is second to none, and the sound is special. The feedback after each shot will let you know exactly what you did wrong or right. But please let us know what you think.

Pretty much agree with most of your thoughts. Distance is fantastic when you catch it dead center though. The feel is good when caught closer to the center, and feel is definitely second to none when (you guessed it) caught on the center. As much as I like this club, there are too many things lost with it when you're not hitting it close to the center of the club face.

Thats how the R11 driver was for me but the hybrid i find is totally different, even on off center hits its not to bad.

I agree. Perfect shots are great, but the others aren't and there's just something about this club I don't like. I'm going to play 18 and hit a pyramid with it on the range and then try to put it into words on here afterwards. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice club, but there are others that get me excited to hit them and this just doesn't do that for me.

I saw about a 20 yard loss in distance when I missed the sweet spot. I do think that the sweet spot is large enough where it is hit-able 80% of the time for me. It is just that 20% of the time that I miss the sweet spot, that I get into trouble.

Prob because of the smaller club head so mistakes are hidden better
Thats how the R11 driver was for me but the hybrid i find is totally different, even on off center hits its not to bad.

Awesome, let us know how you make out F2G!
I agree. Perfect shots are great, but the others aren't and there's just something about this club I don't like. I'm going to play 18 and hit a pyramid with it on the range and then try to put it into words on here afterwards. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice club, but there are others that get me excited to hit them and this just doesn't do that for me.

Good to know....I am also going to give the Adams V3 I try...hit this briefly at the golf store and it was pretty nice. I will let you know how they compare.

Good to know....I am also going to give the Adams V3 I try...hit this briefly at the golf store and it was pretty nice. I will let you know how they compare.

A much more forgiving club. I would also give the Taylormade Burner Superlaunch 2.0 a try.

A much more forgiving club. I would also give the Taylormade Burner Superlaunch 2.0 a try.

I think you mean Superfast.

Alright guys and gals i just had a epic range session, course is back open to walkers and range is open as well. I hit 3 large buckets, 1 all irons and wedges, 1 all Rescue11, 1 all Zstar Driver.
I just had a wonderful ball striking day, i was hitting everything good and the Rescue11 didn't disappoint, out of a large bucket i only hit 5-6 shots that would have gotten me in trouble, all the others were very playable or exactly what i wanted. I was hitting allot of high straight shots, more than ones that had a baby draw and that is unusual for me, i usually hit it with a baby draw so i knew i was hitting them well today. I still love the weight and feel of this club over the 09 Rescue TP i played last year, i feel much more comfortable with the Rescue11. I actually had a guy come over and ask me what the heck i was hitting because he loved the sound of it lol, i let him take a few swings with it(not hitting balls just practice swings) and he said he was gonna go out and try to find a demo to play with, he loved the feel of it. He was also checking out the Zstar driver as he has never seen one or heard they made clubs, he knew about the balls but not clubs. Overall it was a successfull day at the range and the Rescue11 continues to perform every time i take her clothes off and lay into one lol, clothes being headcover and lay into one being the ball. :zdance:

I've had people tell me how nice these clubs sounded. I am hitting the range/course tomorrow with my brother who is starting his first year golfing. The Rescue 11s will get their workout.

I saw one of these in the used club bin already today at GG. Took a couple swings with it while they changed out my putter grip.

I saw one of these in the used club bin already today at GG. Took a couple swings with it while they changed out my putter grip.

and........?

im sure there were some in the used bin the 2nd day these were out lol

It's a good club. It just isn't the most forgiving club for a lot amateurs.

Lol you had to ask that didn't you? Its not a bad club but I just dont like it as much as the Mashie.

well then go back to the mashie thread lol, im kidding of course. I really need to find a mashie to demo on course, all the buzz has to be for a damn good reason

Back