Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
Andy,

I purchased a new Taylormade R11 (stock everything), 9* Head, Fujikura Blur 60 - Stiff Flex:

My question involves the FCT settings. I feel the brochure that comes with the club does not do a good job defining each of the FCT settings. On the R11 sleeve, there are 8 positions, 4 of which have labels (Lower, Higher, Standard, and Upright) and 4 other settings which don't have any labels.

Could you explain the effect of setting the club to each of the 8 positions (I'm right handed)? Maybe starting at Standard and then going clockwise? Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks for the help. FYI...my game has really improved this year. I would have broke 80 this past weekend except for a double and a triple on the two par 3's on the back nine :/

I tried sifting through it, but 100+ pages is a lot to chew :)

I guess I'm looking for something a little more specific. I understand the Higher setting is +1* loft and goes left, and the lower setting is -1* loft and goes more right. My problem is that there is no clear indicator how the other settings affect loft. There's no good numbering system like they use with the new Titleist 910's. I wanna find which of the settings cause -0.25* loft or whatever the actual numbers are. Does this make sense?

As I understand it, the FCT settings for a 9* R11 driver work as follows:

Std Loft = 9* loft and square face
SL/-1* (setting between Std Loft and -1*) = 8.5* loft and 1* open face
-1* = 8* loft and 2* open face
Up/-1* = 8.5* loft and 1* open face (but more upright lie)
Upright = 9* loft and square face (but more upright lie)
Up/+1* = 9.5* loft and 1* closed face (but more upright lie)
+1* = 10* loft and 2* closed face
SL/+1* = 9.5* loft and 1* closed face

The ASP can then work in conjunction and either close or open the face by 2*. So, for example, if you use the -1* FCT setting and the C ASP setting you'd have 8* of loft and a square face.

Guys
Please remember that this is the Ask the Pro Section. Please leave these areas clean until the THP Resident Pro has had a chance to respond. Thanks.

As I understand it, the FCT settings for a 9* R11 driver work as follows:

Std Loft = 9* loft and square face
SL/-1* (setting between Std Loft and -1*) = 8.5* loft and 1* open face
-1* = 8* loft and 2* open face
Up/-1* = 8.5* loft and 1* open face (but more upright lie)
Upright = 9* loft and square face (but more upright lie)
Up/+1* = 9.5* loft and 1* closed face (but more upright lie)
+1* = 10* loft and 2* closed face
SL/+1* = 9.5* loft and 1* closed face

The ASP can then work in conjunction and either close or open the face by 2*. So, for example, if you use the -1* FCT setting and the C ASP setting you'd have 8* of loft and a square face.

That's what I was looking for. I wish they had a better chart that was easier to figure this out. Thanks!

Back