Question for TS users: what does the shaft feel like in flex? I use reg flex in my irons and I know trying to hit something with a stiff shaft is bad for my swing, tempo, etc. Is the TS more of a reg flex or a stiff flex shaft?

You can get a TS in different shaft flexes. If you want an R shaft order one with an R shaft, for no additional charge.
You can even get different shaft lengths and lie angles, for an additional fee.

You can get a TS in different shaft flexes. If you want an R shaft order one with an R shaft, for no additional charge.
You can even get different shaft lengths and lie angles, for an additional fee.

Ah, thanks. Nice of them to offer customization with it - you don't often get that in training aids.

I was just about to pull the trigger on the Tour Striker, but they can't match my specs. I don't have enough game for the pro models & unfortunately the 8i ONLY comes in regular flex steel.

I play the Burner 2.0's in stock stiff graphite +0.5" and 2* flat. That means my length and lie are 37" & 61.5* again with stiff flex graphite.
The closest Tour Striker can come is... 37" & 61* in regular flex steel.

Are the specs "close enough"? Are the differences major, or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? I'm hoping for some sage words from those that have and use the club!

I was just about to pull the trigger on the Tour Striker, but they can't match my specs. I don't have enough game for the pro models & unfortunately the 8i ONLY comes in regular flex steel.

I play the Burner 2.0's in stock stiff graphite +0.5" and 2* flat. That means my length and lie are 37" & 61.5* again with stiff flex graphite.
The closest Tour Striker can come is... 37" & 61* in regular flex steel.

Are the specs "close enough"? Are the differences major, or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? I'm hoping for some sage words from those that have and use the club!

I certainly don't think you'll notice the half degree in lie angle, but you'll notice a weight difference in the shaft if nothing else. Do you know the weight specs for your graphite vs. their steel?

I certainly don't think you'll notice the half degree in lie angle, but you'll notice a weight difference in the shaft if nothing else. Do you know the weight specs for your graphite vs. their steel?

Unfortunately, I do not know the weight specs. I'm sure that I would feel a difference in weight, but how much would that affect my ability to get into a proper ball striking position? I'm more concerned about the flex than the weight. Not sure if I should be, but I am. I suppose I could just say damn the torpedoes, and order the pro model 7i in graphite stiff...

EDIT:
I just spent a few minutes comparing specs. If I order the TS Pro 7i and have the lie angle adjusted 1.5* flat, then it is the exact spec as my 8i. PLus I can get it in the right flex, and graphite as well.

I have the Pro 7 . Wonderful training device. Really has helped me move my swing bottom forward a bit. I used to hit the mats hard and see heavier amounts of green mat material on sole of my irons but it has lessened. I bring another 7 iron with me and do about a 10/5 ratio. Love it.

Any one have one of these laying around that they arent using? Have been wanting to try this out for a while. Looks like it could help with some fat shots im experiencing.

Ugh. I posted a huge thread on my recent experience with the TS and the browser froze up on me and it was erased. I guess I'll provide the gist. I got a lesson on Monday because I could not hit the TS in the air for the life of me. I used the TS during the lesson and towards the end I was able to start hitting some balls in the air. The next day I was about 80% in the air at the range. My thinking: The TS is an effective feedback tool that shows you if you are hitting down on the ball. I believe that hitting down is a byproduct of a sound swing and is not something you actively try to do. Before, I was trying all these different things to try to hit down. Now, I just swing and try to hit the ball, which is much easier I think.

Just curious, any reason why you as a higher handicapper decided on the Pro version vs the Regular version? I'm in your neck of the handicap woods and am trying to decide between the Pro and Regular version. They recommend the Pro for single digit cappers and high swing speeds and the Regular to high cappers and low swing speeds. I have a high handicap, but a higher swing speed as well, so I wasn't really sure which way to go. I actually just emailed Tour Striker today giving them a detailed description of my game and how many rounds and range sessions per week I get in (about 1-2 rounds and 2 range sessions), and they still recommended the Regular 8-Iron version despite the higher swing speed (they also replied within the hour, which I really respect).

I'm in sort of the same position as Toast. I am a 21 hc, which is too high by any definition but I too have a relatively high swing speed. The problem I see going with the regular version is that they only offer it in regular flex. I plan to order the Pro 7i in stiff steel 2* flat. That club, after the lie is adjusted, is exactly the same spec as my TM Burner 2.0 8i. Granted I have graphite shafted irons, but I suspect (hope) that I'll adjust to the added weight of the steel shaft.

I've read that the teacher who came up with the idea didn't want to make the "regular" tour striker. He only wanted the "pro" version, but marketing basically forced him to make one.

I've read that the teacher who came up with the idea didn't want to make the "regular" tour striker. He only wanted the "pro" version, but marketing basically forced him to make one.

I've heard that before as well. Don't remember exactly where, but it seemed reputable to me at the time.

I just purchased a pro version off of eBay. I was impressed at the range with it. I have had problems attempting the towel drill to hit down on the ball I didn't seem to have a problem hitting this club. I think I had one off hit, so I did have to make sure that I had good lag with the club. When I switched back over to my regular 7 iron, my divots were a bit deeper. I am not much a divot taker anyway. I did try and extend through my shot and I would take huge divots out. No matter the divot size, the ball flight was still the same. I think this club is good to have around to reinforce lag in your swing. I did notice a difference when I would switch from it to my 56*. I tend to sweep more with that club. The TS helped me hit do with club more.

Last edited:
Placed my order last night for the above mentioned Pro 7i. I'm really looking forward to getting and hitting this club.

Thanks for all the feedback I'm really interested in this device and need help with my contact on the iron shots. It seems to be helping a lot of you so I'm going to place an order for one and give it a try. Will post back once I have used it and let y'all know how I liked it

I received confirmation that my TS Pro 7i shipped today. So, via USPS from Cali to NC, I might even see it this month! Looking forward to it!!

I took the TS 8 iron to the range today for my first swings. I got a 50 ball bucket. I, like most previous posters, was hitting worm burners for the first 6-8 balls. Then, I shortened my swing to 1/2. I started to see some of the balls getting up around 10' in height. I started to hit about 1-2 out of 5 with more height with my 1/2 swing. I hit 4-5 out of the next 10 with real height! I started to get cocky. I tried full swings and the worm burners returned. I think that I'm coming over the top too much also. I need to stay with 1/2 swings until I feel more comfortable. I am going to try to hit a 50 ball bucket at least 3-4 days a week. I'll gradually work up to full swings. I may also get the TM TR3 Speed Sleeve to help with my swing plane.

for mid to high cappers using the tour striker with a less consistent swing, do you find it easy to go from swinging the tour striker to immediately swinging your regular irons? i guess the idea of the product is that when you start to consistently hit good balls with the tour striker, your swing is improving and the clubhead and your body are at the correct positions... so do you find yourself being able to easily transfer the good swings with the tour striker to good swings with your regular irons. do you immediately notice an improvement in your regular iron swings?

do you think this would be a good pre-round (as in right before tee off) practice aid?

I only brought the TS to the range. Other posters have said to not switch back and forth until you hit the TS more consistently. I'm just going to hit the TS for a while first. Then, I'll start to switch about every 10 balls or so.

My buddies at TS hooked me up with one just before my trip to Myrtle Beach. Just at first glance it really makes you cover the ball in order to hit it correctly.
My first two stings produced low line drives, my third a low hook. My forth a long, high draw. I hit another with the same result. I quickly grabbed my real 7 iron and hit it even higher.
During my warm up, anytime I strayed off line with my irons I grabbed the TS. It made me a patient golfer and really gave great feed back on my misses.

I took my first swings with the TS 7i last night into my net in the back yard. I will say one thing, this club will not hide any mistakes. If you are slightly off center the ball rockets off at an odd angle. Catch it thin, and the ball stays right on the ground. But when you hit it properly, it's almost like you don't feel it... The ball just disappears. I certainly have some work to do in the consistency department, but that is why I bought this tool. So far I'm loving it. I can't wait to hit it on the range and see some real ball flights.

I took the TS on range again today. 50 balls and only about 15-20 were in the air. I haven't felt the proper hit yet. I grew up playing blades (no game improvement clubs then). So, I do know how it SHOULD feel. But I haven't felt it yet. I'm only getting a height of maybe 20-30' from the TS 8i. I'm going to keep at it though.

I took my TS to the course the other day. I played it on one hole where I knew I would put anyone in danger or slow things down. I played two balls with it. First shot, I made nearly perfect contact and hit the ball nice and high about 180 (slightly downhill shot). Second swing at it was off the toe, and the ball went 130 dead right. I love this club, I really think it's going to help me ball striking, and help to make me a much better golfer.

I purchased the tour pro 7 iron.... been wanting to buy one for months... put just kept putting it off.... finally....

I purchased the tour pro 7 iron.... been wanting to buy one for months... put just kept putting it off.... finally....

Good deal edaniel, keep us posted on your journey with the tour pro.

Back