Recent content by Acesteve

1. A

2024 Round Count

my round count has fallen. vacations, back injuries, playing with friends vs the club, fishing, training my replacement at work so I can retire, and now my youngest graduating. I will get back on track in July
  2. A

Pro V1 for a 20 handicapper?

I'd play whatever you have confidence in and like the feel of. I play a soft ball because I like the way it feels on the putter face which is clearly a very personal choice. I don't think anyone has said the ProV is not a good ball.
  3. A

Are Sunglasses Optional?

If I'm fishing even in low light, I have glasses of some sort on and where them when driving. My sunglasses now have readers built in and can't play with them for eye protection, I would prefer to wear them but I've tried recently with readers in them and even without and did not like the...
  4. A

Wilson Staff D9 Forged irons

I played in 16mph winds today on a tree laiden course. Two times I needed to power fade to slice a ball around a tree and could not do it. Wide open face and open stance and I hit the ball straight. This might be a downside to highly forgiving irons
  5. A

How Strong Is Your Grip?

2 part answer. I have a strong grip but not extreme. I want a grip that lets my left arm naturally lead and my right (trail) arm to fold naturally. I want my left arm to feel like it is coming down the banaster on a set of stairs as the left arm leads the club into the ball. The...
  6. A

Whats your cars MPG?

My lexus ES350 and Toyota Highlander, both straight V6, both get 24 ish around town and 30 ish on the highway. ES is a bit better then the Highlander but not as much as one would think given the low profile our 2nd Gen Sequioa is 13 in town, 17.2 at highway speed and roughly 19.5 at around...
  7. A

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

My job is similar to yours. Many a day I wished I could go mow grass instead of trying to win some battle of wits. I can see where someone who has done that for a lifetime considers this stress. Sometimes what we call stress is in my experience something you have grown tired...
  8. A

Wilson Staff D9 Forged irons

I am constantly amazed at the results of the D9 forged when I hit it on the toe or near the heel. The biggest sign I have that I've really made a bad swing is that I push the ball far right related to a partial heel strike or sometimes a big hook related to a toe strike. Distance drops...
  9. A

How have they changed. Any examples
  10. A

My understanding of the concept is that you should be able to live off 4% of your nest egg. 1 person more likely to be able to do that then family of 3 but concept addresses. 4% does not address in any way how you pull money out of retirement accounts. It is just an estimation process...
  11. A

Moab is awesome but Utah has a ton of great parks and is underrated
  12. A

I love the US west. I have multiple routes planned and will start the first summer 2025. Are you camping or just finding some place to stay whereever you are?
  13. A

Any health experts? Cholesterol?

don't fear the statin. I'm on a baby dose and it drops my levels extremely low. I talked to Dr about stopping and he shared they have proven over 30+ years to have additional benefits
  14. A

any fishermen here?

15 Bass above 22 inches in 7 mornings of pleasure. This was about 27 inches or 8#
  15. A

any fishermen here?

I have a small place in Okeechobee florida so I bass fish. yes, pics of every fish bigger then 25 inches but on phone so need to post from phone not desktop. The very best memory I have no photo of. Never seen this in 30 years of bass fishing. I got a hit that looked like a small fish but...
Back