Recent content by barspin89

1. barspin89

What are you building? (Club style)

Just re-shafted my Maltby MMB-17's today in a slightly softer flex. Best feeling irons I've ever hit. Knocked the Mizuno JPX-850 Forged irons out of my bag. Heading to Orlando in a few weeks to get some swings in, can't wait!
  2. barspin89

What are you building? (Club style)

Only thing I won't touch is graphite. no no no. I was terrified too but graphite is no problem with a $70 shaft tool.
  3. barspin89

What happened to wedges?

Long story short, I need my 3 iron back in the bag to fill a distance gap so a wedge needs to go. After researching wedges for the last few weeks I decided to go and take a look at some in person. What I realized was that almost all the new wedges have offset. A good amount of offset. The...
  4. barspin89

RBZ 2 adapter

Do the TM RBZ Stage 2 shaft adapters fit both the drivers and fairway woods. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
  5. barspin89

WTB-RBZ Stage 2 Rocketfuel 50 X-Stiff driver shaft

I've been searching eBay and have had no luck. I'm looking for a stock Rocketfuel 50 shaft from a Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Driver in X-flex. It has to be stock length but I don't need a grip or adapter. If anyone has this shaft and are willing to part with it I will take it off your hands. Thanks
  6. barspin89

Sports Psychologist. Has anyone used this?

I'm in a bit of a funk (to call it a funk is an understatement). Every time I take a step forward, I take two steps back. In other words, whenever I figure something out, it's gone as quickly as it came. I know this can be an evil game and its mentally tough on everyone who plays it, it's not my...
  7. barspin89

Golf Trip Experience

I'm a bit of a golf junky. I have no problem driving an hour and a half to play a round. I often play 36 holes on my days off. Last year I drove 16 hours from Cleveland to Orlando and played 9 rounds in 5 days, by myself. It was a great experience and even though I was alone for 7 1/2 of...
  8. barspin89

Music on the course

I play a lot of rounds with a friend and co-worker. We're both easy going but we take the game seriously. Last year he began bringing his iPod hooked up to a little speaker and we listen to music during our rounds. It's usually mellow stuff like jam bands or old Bob Dylan. We don't crank it...
  9. barspin89

Matlby DBM irons, anyone played them?

I'm looking at putting together a set of Maltby DBM forged irons along with a set of Maltby Tour Grind MG forged wedges. Has anyone played either of these products and what would you say about them?
  10. barspin89

Pinehurst spring trip

I'm looking to hit the Pinehurst, NC area for a week of golf in the spring. I'm looking for some input on the weather in that area in mid to late March. Would I be risking cold weather or snow? I took a couple trips there in early June and it was just to hot so I'd like to go when the weather...
  11. barspin89

Acer Component Set Build

Since recently getting into doing my own club work, I've been browsing through various sites and stumbled upon Hireko Golf and their Acer line of components. I liked the look of their clubheads, but more than that, I liked the price. I've seen "knockoffs" before, which I wouldn't be caught...
  12. barspin89

Cutting graphite shafts

I assume this question has been asked but I searched some threads and couldn't find an exact answer. What tool is best for cutting graphite shafts? Thanks THPers!
  13. barspin89

Stay and Play resorts

I'm looking to put together a yearly trip with some friends but I'm having trouble deciding on where. We live near Cleveland, OH. I would like to do it somewhere within a 7 or 8 hour drive and keep it as cheap as possible so everyone can afford it. I'm thinking 3-5 days of golf. Please throw...
Back