Recent content by caribbeanknight

1. C

Mizuno MP A304

Just got my new putter to go with my MP-H4 irons. Had to order it from a vendor in Japan since Mizuno doesn't sell their putters in the USA. I can't wait to get this on the greens to see how it feels.
  2. C

Shot Trajectory.....What's the Benefit of Mid Launch?

I have always been a high handicapper who played high launching SGI irons that go high and land soft on the green. It's been great for my game and I am now a mid cap player looking at slightly better clubs. All the ones I like seem to be mid launch. What is the benefit a golfer can get from this...
  3. C

eBay.....How Do I Avoid Counterfeits?

I have wanted a set of 2014 irons and all the big websites that sell golf gear have lowered their prices on the set I want but when I looked on eBay there are numerous sellers that are $150-$200 lower than those prices. The actual auction results are usually $25 cheaper than that. I am so...
  4. C

I Still Game the Original TM Superfast Driver

How much difference will I see with a new driver? If I switch and get a Stage 2 TP model will I really pick up 27 yards? I find it hard to believe I am leaving much on the table with my current gamer but the marketing machines have me feeling inadequate. What could I realistically expect a new...
  5. C

Considering Changing Tee Boxes During Cold Winter Weather

With the cold weather upon me I have already switched balls going from the ProV1x to the Pro V1. Even so I am still at least losing one club length in distance to the cold whether. My favorite course all use five Tee Boxes. Does anyone else move up in Tee Boxes during the cold weather as a way...
  6. C

Why Join the USGA

So I go out to the mailbox and find I have a letter from the USGA and I am asked to join their membership. The price isn't bad and I get a free hat and a rule book but what's the point? Who has joined and are you glad you did? Are there any perks when I show up at my local course or if I...
  7. C

What Are the Pros and Cons of Adjustible Drivers

I guess I'm considered old school since I still use the TM Superfast driver with a stock shaft at 10.5*. My SS is about 92 mph with the club. I average about 240 yrds with drives as short as 210 to as long as 290 yrds. I average 8 out of 14 fairways. I worked hard on eliminating a terrible...
  8. C

Is Taylormade Replacing the Lethal?

The rumor I have heard is a new 5 piece and a new 4 piece ball for 2014. Hopefully the Lethal name dies with the changes. For my game TP-5 was a much better ball but RBZU fit me well also. When I hear 4 piece I hope it's something close to TP Red. Can't wait for official news.
  9. C

Lost My Golf Buddy This Morning

Sorry for such a downer of a post but it helps to type this out. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 28 months ago after the tumor blocked his bile duct. Inoperable but 6 months of chemo shrank the tumor enough to allow the duct to work. I couldn't believe it when he was able to golf...
Back