Recent content by Castpro

1. Castpro

Played today with my wife, her BEST round to date

Kim and I played today at our home course, Olde Point Country Club here in Hampstead NC. We played yesterday and she was bummed because she had not played well. She had actually not played well over the past 1/2 dozen or so rounds that we'd carded. We tee'd off around 2:30. She was striking...
  2. Castpro

Driver fix (for today)

I was fitted for new clubs back in early June, and for a few weeks after the clubs arrived all was well. Irons were straight, driver was awesome and the wedges just needed some dial in time. Then a problem crept in with the driver. The long (for me) straight to slight draw drive started to fade...
  3. Castpro

3 hole blowup

Played today with my brother, one of his friends from out of town and one of our normal foursome. We made a trip up to North Shore Country club to show his out of town buddy a great local golf course. I was playing pretty well, had a 43 on the front then went bogey-par-par to start the back (I...
  4. Castpro

Got Rangered today...

Playing 18 on my home course (member) today and got scolded by the ranger for the first time ever. We were playing our normal foursome, teed off at 7:48. There was another foursome in front of us that we were keeping pace with. Two threesomes came up behind us on 5 and appeared impatient...
  5. Castpro

Big Milestone today

Three years and an month ago I started playing golf. My brother and cousin came down to visit Kim and I for a week of fishing, or so I thought. They showed up with their clubs (and a spare set) and said "we're playing golf, come if you want"...... This morning I got the Carolina Golf...
  6. Castpro

2nd straight Sunday...

Golfed with Kim today. For the second straight Sunday I shot a PB round at Olde Point In Hampstead NC. Three birdies and three bogeys for an even par 36 on the front. One double and two bogeys on the back for a 36/40 = 76. I just cannot overstate how much difference the clubs fit for me have...
  7. Castpro

Club fitting and immediate results.

I posted up a couple of weeks ago about the club fitting experience Kim and I had at the Golf Performance Center at Sea Island on June 10th. I wanted to post a follow-up after two rounds with the new fitted clubs. Wow. I played on Friday with my brother and shot a solid 84 the first round...
  8. Castpro

Brand new clubs

Two weeks ago my wife and I had a complete fitting at Sea Island Golf Performance Center. We agreed to go with the recommendations and each get new clubs. This is going to count as Birthday-Anniversary- Christmas all rolled into one.... :) Mine arrived this evening; R15 driver (black) 9.5...
  9. Castpro

PB drive yesterday

While playing a late evening round yesterday I nailed Bertha Alpha for my longest ever drive, 282 yards on the straightaway par 5 #8 at Olde Point. The drive had been working pretty good to that point and my focus was just swing smooth, not hard and BOOM off it went. The irony here is that I'm...
  10. Castpro

Sea Island Golf Performance Center Cub Fitting review

Thought I'd repost here, may help someone that is thinking about a custom fitting. Sea Island Golf Performance Center Cub Fitting review Kim and I arrived on time for our fitting at 0900. Our clubs didn’t make it though … J, They were sent over to the Retreat course for our afternoon tee time...
  11. Castpro

Sea Island Golf Performance Center Club Fitting Review

Sea Island Golf Performance Center Cub Fitting review Kim and I arrived on time for our fitting at 0900. Our clubs didn’t make it though … J, They were sent over to the Retreat course for our afternoon tee time. It only took them a few minutes to get our clubs transported back over. I worked...
  12. Castpro

Complete fitting

A little about me; 53 years old, started playing 3 years ago this month. I've worked hard on my game and am down to a 12.4 GHIN. My wonderful wife has set me up for a complete fitting on Tuesday at the Golf Performance Center at Sea Island. I'm both excited and a little nervous about this...
  13. Castpro

Handicap is in....

Just took a look at my updated handicap index. Down to 12.4.... :blob: I know it's a lofty goal but I want to see single digits by the end of summer. Tommy
  14. Castpro

My wife and playing partner's breakthrough round

My wife and I are relatively new to the world of golf. I started playing in June of 2012 and she joined me in the cart for the first time in November of the same year. While I played a little as a boy and early teen, she had never picked up a club (aside from some putt putt decades ago). We are...
  15. Castpro

New Bennington QO 14 cart bag

I've been looking for a new cart bag and ran across the Bennington line. My 3 year old C130 was showing a lot of wear with several broken zippers and fading fast. I called the Bennington shop in California on Thursday and they told me they had a dealer not far from me in Calabash NC!!. Kim and I...
Back