Recent content by Chip

1. Chip

Met an awesome individual on the course today

Had a gentleman join us today that plays 9 holes a month.A super devoted father of 2 that is strictly a range golfer two to three times a week.He said the three hours a week on the range is a great stress reliever.But at the same time allows him to be at home and help raise his family.I found it...
  2. Chip

I can't believe i did it (78 today)

can't believe I did this but had 2 birdies and shot a 78 on a par 70. Last week I had an 84 and thought that was the best I could do.Topped it this morning with one good shot after another.Still can't grasp how a simple tip from my pro changed my whole outlook around.I just swing and the ball...
  3. Chip

Hammer X Driver

http://youtu.be/oZXPkkZMwJQ Any thoughts on this club?Played with a gentleman the other day who was just nailing the ball.Wish I would've tried it but for the cheap price it might be a no brainer Anyone tried it
  4. Chip

Help locating or building a swing aid

Asking here if anyone has made/or purchased a product that i use during my golf lessons.Basically the pro devised a drill where he stands behind me holding an alignment stick slightly horizontal.He will attach a c hook device to my clubhead that slides on the alignment stick.From there I swing...
  5. Chip

Is single golf scores honest?

Went for another lesson today Indoors and started to get to know some of the other students at lunch.A conversation came up about a gentleman that is bordeline a plus handicap that always plays as a single.The gentlemen always keeps to himself at the club and is super shy and quiet.Some have...
  6. Chip

What would you add to spice up a local golf expo show

Hi Attended a local golf expo this weekend and it was slightly lackluster.I visited at the prime time and the attendance was minimal at best.Basically it was local vendors selling old-current gear at marginal decent prices.Local courses giving away discounted rounds-out of state resorts...
  7. Chip

Tathata golf exercises

Was on the road today and stopped at a indoor facility to get some practice in.Started to strike a conversation with a fellow golfer hitting next to me.During our talk he discussed an exercise based golf program that he does online called Tathata Golf.Basically he does these core exercises...
  8. Chip

What miss is acceptable for a teaching pro standards

Went into to hit some balls with an improptu lesson with my teaching pro.I hit about half a dozen shanks in a row while he observed me.According to him,the shank is almost a perfect shot.And on trackman-flightscope-camera video it gives good results.I found this odd but i trust his professional...
  9. Chip

At work/home no club hip separation drills?

Hi Any tips or suggestions on drills to do at the office to help with separating my hip turn from upper body?More like a pivot drill to help with separation of the two.Been working very hard in the mirror/hitting balls daily in my net.Need something to help with flexibility.Really learning the...
  10. Chip

Range-Dome Practice Games that get you golf ready

Hi Got back from my 17th game overhaul lesson this afternoon.We worked on bunker shots all session.After learning an easy repeatable way of getting the ball out of the sand.The teacher gave me a goal of getting within 20 feet when I practice/play this year when in a greenside bunker.Sounds...
  11. Chip

Tips on videoing swing and video editing apps

Hello everyone My golf learning has really kicked into full gear now as I went thru a 16 lesson complete game overhaul.My teaching professional has now requested I send him a video twice a week of my progress when not attending our weekly lessons.He suggested I use 2 cameras one that is set...
  12. Chip

Anybody ever try this swing method? MPMIG?

http://youtu.be/UTvDqJqf-Dw Really searching the Internet on a cold afternoon looking for something to work in my swing?Sounds real convincing the more I research it.Never heard of this or the instructor,but the feedback sounds real positive.
  13. Chip

I cloud backup failed error (since iOS 9) suggestions?

Noticed my iOS device hasn't backed up since Christmas.When I click on the backup button I get a iCloud backup failed error.Running memory room on my iOS device and a backup is desperately needed.Went online and noticed that other users that updated to iOS 9.2.1 also have this issue.Besides...
  14. Chip

New member from Illinois

Hello from Homewood Ill.I play a handful of rounds a year but want to be more active.
Back