Recent content by clidefr0g

1. clidefr0g

Please recommend me a ball!

Hello everyone.. Im taking the step from buying buckets of assorted golf balls to staying with one single ball. I have not tested a lot, but one ive found myself using is the yellow nxt tour S. I still lose enough that I dont want to be spending $40 a dozen, and I cant seem to find them used...
  2. clidefr0g

WTB Mizuno MP-52 P wedge

Still looking to replace my mp-52 P wedge that I lost months ago.
  3. clidefr0g

wedge help please

Im still practicing my drives and irons obviously, I had a breakthrough 2 games ago that has and hopfully will continue to help me hit those shots straighter, so for the time being im going to try and focus a little more on my short game. namely my wedges. Part of the problem is in my head, but...
  4. clidefr0g

An equipment rules question regarding adjustable drivers

So you can have 14 clubs right, great! Ive got 14. My driver is adjustable in every fashion, like a lot of other peoples. I wanted to hit a pull shot around a tree on a 300 yard par 4 that usually requires 2 to the green, I adjusted my driver before it was my turn to shoot, shot, pulled it...
  5. clidefr0g

New golf terms.

I found a new set of golf terms, Im going to have to remember a few of these!
  6. clidefr0g

Help me decide again! Club overlap!

I need 1 more club to fill my bag, my signature has all my current clubs. One that isnt listed is a 64° wedge, Ive literally used it once and my shot went 20 feet in the air and 4 feet in front of me. It will be this 64° that I am replacing for my last club. Im leaning towards a 5 wood or a 5...
  7. clidefr0g

What were the biggest hurdles you encountered golfing?

I made the thread, how long did it take you to get good and asked what thresholds people had to cross to get there, that was really the intent of my post but it kind of went in a different direction. I would really like to hear what specific hurdles you remember on your rout to lowering your...
  8. clidefr0g

How long did it take you to get "good" at golf?

Im looking for low handicappers here, around 0. How long did it take you to get there? What were the hardest thresholds to overcome? Ive been playing golf for only about 3 months, My first game out I shot like 117 or something, next game was 101, then 100 101 99, then I took a jump again, to...
  9. clidefr0g

Trying to decide what clubs to fill the gaps!

Hello everyone.. Im trying to fill some gaps and cant quite decide what to do.. I just bought a TM R1 driver and wanted to get something to match it in wood/hybrids. I believe ive settled on the TM RBZ stage 2 tour TP line. My signiture has what clubs I currently own, the 3 wood and 2 hybrids...
  10. clidefr0g

some handicap questions

Ive only just begun golfing, im already investing a lot of time towards the game. If I wanted to keep a legitimate, tournament qualifying handicap, what do I need to do? From my limited understanding, you have to be a member at a golf course, which for me is not an option yet. I notice in...
  11. clidefr0g

still hitting fade/slices with draw spec club

I will consistently hit the ball with my driver 250-275, about 100yards in the air, and 50 yards to the right. What can I do to lower the ball (which I presume would add more distance) and correct that nasty slice to the right. If there is a right hand corner on a ~300 yard hole, Im golden!!!
  12. clidefr0g

Cleveland 588 forged black pearl vs titleist vokey (which vokey is good?)

Any pros or cons to either? Im trying to decide on a wedge, likely 60° and possibly a 54° or 56° I believe my P wedge is 47.5° or so and want to fill in the gaps. I already own a 64° as well.
  13. clidefr0g

new golfer seeking help with equipment.

Hello everyone, I just signed up to the forum and started golfing a few weeks ago. I made an introduction post that included a bunch of the information here but I realized that the introduction forum was probably a bad choice to ask questions regarding equipment and decided to take my questions...
  14. clidefr0g

New to golf, from Canada!

Hey everyone, my name is Matt. I just started golf, ive only been golfing four times, three of which were 10+ years ago. I was invited to play with a family friend and i had a great time and decided to do it more often. There are about 15 golf courses within 25 minutes drive of me, so I...
Back