Recent content by Dr RosenRosen

1. Dr RosenRosen

Best "Mudder" Waterproof Golf Shoe?

In the great PNW, we can play golf year-round (with a day or two exceptions). For those playing in the winter, however, you just have to accept sloshing around in puddles and mud every time your ball leaves the fairway. For the last three years, my Nike Zoom Bandons have been amazing. I would...
  2. Dr RosenRosen

"Over Drawing" short irons

I have the same problem. From my experience, it is a combination of two problems: (1) poor alignment; and (2) OTT. With short irons, especially, I have to make a concerted effort to check my face alignment throughout my set up. It is amazing how easy it is to point the face left of target...
  3. Dr RosenRosen

Over-hyped Courses (and Better Alternatives)

Here's how this works. Pick a course that is overrated, or even if not overrated, maybe the course is over-hyped or just too expensive for what it is. Then, pick a course within 50 miles of that course that is a better alternative. For example, and starting in my home state of Washington...
  4. Dr RosenRosen

WTB: Srixon Z545 3 or 4 iron (stiff)

As the title indicates, I'm looking for a Srixon Z545 3 or 4 iron with stiff shaft. Let me know what you have and how much you want for it. Thanks.
  5. Dr RosenRosen

Build Your Perfect Combo Iron Set (With a Twist)

What would be your perfect combo iron set if: (1) you had to have three different irons; and (2) the irons had to be from three different OEMs. (I know that many of you are repulsed by that idea. Trust me, my OCD side had problems even writing that sentence....:D) I'll go with: 3 - 4: Ping I...
  6. Dr RosenRosen

WTT: 2013 X - Forged (5 - PW)

I'm looking to trade my 2013 X-Forged irons, 5 - PW. The irons are stiff shaft, Project X PXI 6.0, with NDMC grips. Standard length and lie. I'm looking for a similar set of irons. Must be stiff shaft, or Rifle 5.5, standard length and lie. Prefer Bridgestone or Mizuno, but will consider...
  7. Dr RosenRosen

Softest Combo Set Under $500?

Whether a designated combo set (think J36 Combo or VR Pro Combo), or one that you create (people do this with Mizuno often), what do you think would be the softest-feeling combo set? A couple of caveats: it needs to stay under $500*, it should flow together reasonably well, and should be...
  8. Dr RosenRosen

FS: BRAND NEW Callaway XR 10.5, Regular Shaft

For sale is a brand new, still in wrapper, Callaway XR Driver, 10.5 degree, Regular Shaft. Comes with headcover and tool. $130 shipped CONUS. Paypal only. As I am selling this for a friend, there are no trade interests at this time. Thanks for looking!
  9. Dr RosenRosen

WTB: Ping Adjustable Putter tool

I'm looking for the Ping putter adjustment tool. If anyone has one for sale, let me know. (Or if you know of a cheap alternative that does the same thing, that would be awesome as well.) Thanks!
  10. Dr RosenRosen

Who Consistently Makes the Best Fairway Wood?

I know that all OEMs make good clubs. And I know that "best" is subjective and what works for you will likely not work for me and vice/versa. But gun to your head, you have to decide which OEM consistently makes the best fairway wood. Who would you pick? 1. Bridgestone 2. Callaway 3...
  11. Dr RosenRosen

FS/FT: Scor Wedge Set (52, 55, 59)

For sale or trade is a set of Scor wedges in good condition. Lofts are SOLD, 55, 59. Genus 12 shafts, a KBS Tour design. Green Niion grips in good condition. The grooves are still sharp and the heads and grips are still in great shape. The 56 does have a small rock chip that does not affect...
  12. Dr RosenRosen

Swingweight Question(s)

I am a bit confused about swingweight. For example, I hit way too many irons this weekend at a local fitting event, and then decided to go back and hit some older model demos that were lying around. Clubs that had the same shaft, and the same swingweight (D2), seemed very different. For...
  13. Dr RosenRosen

SUV/Crossover w/ 3rd Row Recommendations?

We're thinking about trading in the Subaru, or my manly Prius, to get an SUV/Crossover with 3rd row seating. Any recommendations, good or bad? (My initial thoughts were CX-9, MDX, or Highlander but I'm not married to any one vehicle.)
  14. Dr RosenRosen

Ugly, Awful-Sounding, or Horrible-Feeling Clubs That Work(ed) for You?

We all know that looks, sound, and feel play into your enjoyment of a club. That being said, what clubs have performed well for you despite being (1) on the ugly side; or (2) lacking a nice sound when struck; or (3) lacking the feel that one might expect? For me, the Eye 2 clubs, particularly...
  15. Dr RosenRosen

Diamana D+ White Question

Has anyone thrown a D+ White into a high loft driver (11.5 or 12)? For example, I was thinking about putting a D+ White 70 into a 915 D2 (12 degrees). Off the tee, I need a tip stiff shaft. However, I don't launch the ball high like most players that need a tip stiff shaft. Anyone tried...
Back