Recent content by ger21

1. ger21

The rain hood/cover

In the past, I've always kept it in the side pocket. But the hood on my Vessel is rather thick and rigid, so I don't normally have it with me, unless I'm expecting rain.
  2. ger21

Had to use 1 shaft brand in all clubs...what's your choice?

UST Mamiya I could swap my AMT's for some Dart V's with no issue, and probably already would have if it wasn't $700.
  3. ger21

Does anyone have a wedge that they only use for chip shots?

Do you hit a lot of balls on sandy ranges? I also play a 56° for everything inside 100 yards. But at ±40 rounds/year, I can easily get 5 years out of mine. I don't really see any wear at all on full swings on any of my irons/wedges. Bunkers, yes, but I try to avoid them. :ROFLMAO:
  4. ger21

What would happen to your score if you kept driver in the bag and did this.......

I would like to think I'd play better, as it eliminates bad drives. But it puts a lot more pressure on your short game, because I'd be hitting longer irons into every green.
  5. ger21

Fitting .370" shaft and .335 hybrid

Is the head .335, or .355. A .370 shaft can be tapered to fit a .355 head, but NOT a .335 head. Not many hybrids use .335 shafts, which is the size of wood shafts.
  6. ger21

How much consideration do you give wedge shafts?

Same shafts as my irons, continuing the progression.
  7. ger21

Loft jacking has actually HELPED golfers…

Loft jacking doesn't happen without the underlying technology. At least not to the extent that it has.
  8. ger21

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Decided to try something a little different....
  9. ger21

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Where? I've seen people finding these at Burlington's?
  10. ger21

Why hasn’t the yellow golf ball caught on?

We used to use yellow and orange Top Flites back in the mid to late 80's.
  11. ger21

Fourteen Wedges to add to the Epons

Only 6 rounds in with mine, but I love them.
  12. ger21

KBS Golf Experience fitting

Why don't they have an orange GPS shaft?
  13. ger21

Winn grips - yea or nay?

I played them when they first came out, and loved them. But didn't like the poor durability. Moved on to Iomic and Star, which feel great, and last a long time.
  14. ger21

SuperSpeed Golf Training and Testing thread

If you don't do it religiously, then it's not going to do much for you. And I find it can be hard, when 3 weeks in, you aren't seeing much benefit. I've done it over the winter, and never stayed with it long enough to actually hit balls and see the difference. I have seen a 5mph increase in...
  15. ger21

If using a cart, is a 14 divider bag better than say a 4 or 5 divider bag?

14 way Vessel Player III. I ride 75%, carry 25%. Would never have anything but a 14 way bag.
Back