Recent content by GPNgolf

1. G

Who is getting new irons in 2024?

I play Mizuno JPX 923HMP’s now, but have new PXG GEN5 0311P Black irons on the way! We will see if they can knock the Hot Metal Pro’s out of the bag!
  2. G

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Just bought (on order) a set of JPX-923 HMP’s, 6 thru PW, and a set of three T-22 Denim wedges to go along. Hopefully here in 8 weeks or less
  3. G

Flex - Go as soft as possible?

All - Have heard and read the following advice a few times across the boards, but thought I would ask the question here since I am in pondering mode in this new year - maybe one of those new Adams sets for when I don't feel like my XHP's are going to do it for me or my elbows are hurting too...
  4. G

Isn't hitting new irons before you buy a waste of time?

Hi all, Want to see some other opinions on this, or validate for me that am I the only crazy one that thinks like this! When I buy new irons (and I have bought my share - shame on these golf forums), I agree that it makes sense to get fitted to make sure lies are right and you are generally...
  5. G

I want new irons - let me know your favorites please!

Hello All - doing some serious pondering going on for new irons, and I would like to tap into the vast database of club experience and expertise on this site to provide their "user experiences". First of all my stats: My HCP is 14.8; I am a Crappy driver of the ball and so-so putter, but...
  6. G

Adams Idea Black CB3, with Graphite Shafts - Opinions?

All, Have an opportunity to pick up a set of Adams Idea CB3 for a good deal. These have the stock Matrix Ozik Program 8.1 Graphite shafts (I have a choice of reg of stiff flex), and that is where my question lies. Does anyone have any experience with these irons, and particularly these...
  7. G

Standard club lie comparison question

All, I have an opportunity to pick up a set of clubs (R11's or Cally Raxr XTours) at good price from a private seller (that I know). He bought them right off the rack so they are standard off-the-shelf lofts and lies. I'm not going to go into Golfsmith or GG and get fitted for clubs that I...
  8. G

Rules Question - swapping out balls

Are there any rules that impact changing golf balls during your round? I think there is one that prevents you from swapping out a ball that is in play (tee to hole) unless it is damaged/altered, but if you get tired of an "unlucky" ball or it gets a little nicked up or marked up, can you swap...
  9. G

Cally Uniflex versus Cally Reg Flex Graphite - Any opinions

Hi All - Looking for user opinions between these two shafts. I have the Cally RazrX with Uniflex, and hit them OK; also have a set of Taylormade Reg Flex Graphites (Superfast 65s) that I hit OK. I actually like the swingweight of the Burners better, and they fell a lot better better on my...
  10. G

Hello from Wisconsin!

Hello everybody - Gary from Wisconsin here! Came across while digging for some information on Burner 2.0 and Cally RAZR X irons. Found quite a bit of information, so I decide to stick around and try to someday help answer someone else's questions! Hurry up Spring!
Back