Recent content by grathan

1. G

cellphone gps apps

Any good ones? gave this another try yesterday with Golflogix (free version) and the new phone. The Android phone had an option at setup for high-resolution gps which I quickly agreed to extra battery draining figuring it would be great for golf. While it accurately tracks my ride to work even...
  2. G

Golf scrap booking?

I took a year off work one time to play different golf courses, 100's of them. I saved all the scorecards as a memento for almost 10 years, but while cleaning the garage last month they got tossed because they didn't really spark any memories while flipping through them. Does anybody have a...
  3. G

wrinkle free windbreaker?

It's that time of year again where the temps drip dramatically in the early morning hours. I am afraid to dig my jacket out from my bag where it has been crumpled into a ball since last year. Do some jackets survive better than others as far as looking wrinkled goes?
  4. G

How to achieve height out from the bunker?

What would be the best thing to practice in your opinion, when faced with a massive lip of 5' or more to a soft landing within 10 yards? Do you utilize the bounce of the club and slam down harder? Do you tilt the club back adding loft and swing much harder? Change clubs to low bounce lob...
  5. G

Anyone dislike pushing the cart vs. pulling it?

I am having a tough time pulling the trigger on a new cart even though mine is 15 years old and falling apart. It seems all the greatest raves are about the push carts (thy have the most features), but I still like my pull cart. I guess my biggest reserve is the physics involved in the push. It...
  6. G

Balls that bite?

Does any particular ball come to mind that just seems to grab the green and stay put, whether chipping, pitching, full-swing? Also if anyone has ever played the TM TP/Red can please post thoughts about it's green grabbing performance.
  7. G

How long to adjust to new gapping on wedges?

I'd like to go from 55*(played for 8 years now) to 52 or 53 and a 58*. Probably just be a couple rounds if I am focused or does it take a while?
  8. G

Got any silly superstitions while golfing?

I won't use my 3-wood for any shot other than full-swing from the fairway with 235 yards minimum rollout. It works perfectly every time and I am afraid to tinker with it. It seems silly lately because I have duffed %90 of my driver shots the past 2 games and could really use that 3-wood.
  9. G

GI irons vs. MP-32?

I have some some TM Rac OS 2's that I've been playing for many years. Also bought a set of Mizunos based on recommendations from Golf Rewind forum(now defunct). I've been mix-matching comparing them lately and feel like I am ready to switch over to the forged side of things. I like the way the...
  10. G

Driver shot leaves mark 1' in front of tee

I don't think I am topping the ball. I am pretty sure the driver clubface is making solid contact with the ball. But for some reason it goes only 1 foot in the air before denting the ground. It's got massive spin on it, though I am not sure of the direction, possibly forwards. Any idea on what...
  11. G

Do you have any club duplicates?

I mean like, an older club or perhaps one that may be hard to replace one day so you have 2 of them? Or perhaps just as a backup because procuring one would take too long...
  12. G

What does it mean if you never break a tee?

I use the same 1/2" stub for irons and 3" tee for the driver for 20+ rounds. Is this normal? SS is about 95 max.
  13. G

pull cart with 2 umbrellas?

Does anyone use 2 umbrellas? I picture a setup where the cart has a holder that holds an umbrella that completely covers the bag and clubs. And then a second holder to hold the umbrella I am using to cover my head while I swing? I can't picure where to set the second umbrella... I'm sorry if...
  14. G

Club that Cannot be replaced

You got one? I constantly worry about my 3 wood. The matching 5 wood snapped years ago. It drives the ball massively far and straight. Nothing new quite feels like it...
  15. G

Any low handicappers not take the game up until 30's or later?

Just looking for inspiration here. thanks
Back