Recent content by Jason89er

1. Jason89er

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

Right off the tee box once I saw a plastic ziplock bag. Like a gallon sized one. I walked off the tee box to pick it up because I thought it was litter. I was saying “Who would just throw their trash on the ground? Lazy azzh..”. Picked up the bag and it was prob 3/4 full of cocaine. Like...
  2. Jason89er

Are there any signs?

When I feel the club head “load” in my backswing. Things click and I hit it well. When I can’t feel it at the top I am in for a rough round. And I know on the first hole. Lucky for me my short game and putting is always there. Just means a lot of scrambling!!
  3. Jason89er

Total distance question

Yes. This. My longest iron is a 6 iron. Then 5h,7W,Heavenwood. Loft and weight pushed back is your friend. Trust me. All about carry distance. Roll will vary. Carry will not.
  4. Jason89er

*thump thump thump - "is this thing on?"

Schools ain’t bad. I mean you don’t need Kevlar but don’t fall asleep in class. You might wake up with iron covers on your fingers. Just sayin.
  5. Jason89er

What are your expectations for a more forgiving iron than your current gamers to hit more greens?

I don’t know about forgiving but whatever you hit the most consistently is what helps you hit more GIRs. Get fit. And for me that is tee shots that put me in positions to get GIRs more than the clubs I use after the tee shot. I can hit a green from 120-130 out. From 160 plus things get sketchy.
  6. Jason89er

Obsessed golfer from NC

Welcome!
  7. Jason89er

When was your last shank?

Ok fine. About 6 weeks ago. Had a very straight forward chip/pitch about 15 yards in front of a green and just crowded it too much. Dead right shank into a bunker. Ended up making bogey so it was ok. They are quite traumatic though.
  8. Jason89er

When was your last shank?

How DARE you use that kind of language here! I am reporting this post. 🤣🤣🤣
  9. Jason89er

The Club You Were REALLY Wrong About...

Any Callaway Driver I have EVER tried. I don’t know what it is but they just aren’t for me. On the other hand I love my Heavenwood. And I mean love it! This club has changed my entire approach on Par 5s.
  10. Jason89er

How Strong Is Your Grip?

Somewhere between neutral and strong. It’s amazing how a slightly strong/weak grip can influence the face. If I go weak and can make a high cut pretty easily. If I go super strong I can make it draw hard or even hook. I try to keep my swing the same and let my grip adjustment influence the face...
  11. Jason89er

What Is The Bigger Golf Red Flag?

No flags for me. Spend your money how you want.
  12. Jason89er

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Massive Bridgestone Testing

So awesome for THP and Bridgestone to do this. WOW! Thanks for the opportunity. 1. Which golf balls do you currently play? Pro V1 2. What do you think about Mindset? I’m intrigued. Having ADHD I have to use these sorts of things in my everyday life. Be great to introduce it to my golf game...
  13. Jason89er

Feel vs Real

Feel is almost NEVER real. Luckily video doesn’t lie. I swear I “feel” like my backswing gets to parallel. It typically never comes close. I gotta feel like Daly to get it even close. Golf….
  14. Jason89er

New 2024 AutoFlex Shafts

Lemme see…2 Ventus Velocore shafts with room to spare or one Pepperoni Pizza shaft for 850. Hard pass.
Back