Recent content by katman

1. katman

Replace a club with the same club?

Quandary: I have the X2Hot 5 Deep, which is one of my favorite clubs. It's reliable as can be off the tee on short par 4s and I am capable of hitting it quite well off the fairway and when sitting on top of the rough. However, I have used the crap out of it. It's still structurally sound as far...
  2. katman

FS: Taylormade Daddy Long Legs Counterweighted Putter

Very good condition. Very minor paint wear at corner. This is a long but NOT belly putter. The counterweighted Winn grip and balanced head allow unparalleled face control. I have hit some long putts with this and was automatic (sort of [emoji13]) from within five feet. Headcover included. $90...
  3. katman

Callaway CXR Balls?

Just ran across these at $15 per dozen. Didn't see any reviews via Tapatalk... Anyone ever play these? http://www.golfballs.com/m/Golf-Balls/Callaway-Golf-CXR-Golf-Balls.htm?fullSite=0 Found them at a Sports Authority
  4. katman

US Open Predicitonator

File this under "May be interesting only to me" but I had a few minutes today and ran the 2015 PGA tour statistics through an investment screening tool that we developed at work. Don't read too much into this. It's very much garbage in and garbage out, but I used GIR, driving distance, putts per...
  5. katman

Rotex 2 in place of AW?

So I have a pretty big gap in my irons that goes from my PW with a loft of 44* and the SW with a loft of 54*. The gap on a full swing is pretty close to 45 yards and I'm getting tired of doing a fifty percent swing on my PW or stepping on my SW when I find myself at that distance. Unfortunately...
  6. katman

Playing wtih "bad" players

This question is likely bouncing around the heads of a lot of THPers...at least the ones that don't have single digit handicaps. It's the question that had kept me (so far) from any THP events, well that and money and vacation time. How bad does your golfing partner or foursome member have to...
  7. katman

When do you buy a new driver?

I feel like a sheep. I bought the X2 Hot driver last year after buying the Nike Covert driver the year before. I loved the Nike but the X2 Hot was stupid good for my game so I couldn't resist. Now, I'm staring at the Cally XR and the TM R15 and thinking I want one. The intellectual part of my...
  8. katman

Different strokes for different sets of irons?

So I played my new X2 Hot irons this weekend. This is the first time I've played them since replacing my old TM RBZ irons. Frankly, on the third hole, I was ready to give up on golf. That is not a joke. I considered driving the the parking lot, packing up, and not playing anymore, potentially...
  9. katman

FS: Never Compromise Dinero Exec Blade Putter

I've used it twice but recently was fitted for another putter. This one is too beautiful to keep in the garage. $55 shipped to lower 48. SOLD
  10. katman

Spikes/Cleats/Spikeless

It's been a while (from what I could tell) since this was discussed and it piqued my curiosity when I was at Golfsmith this weekend for a tent sale and all the cleated shoes were more expensive than the spikeless shoes, which I found interesting. Today, in the summer of 2014, what type of shoe...
  11. katman

Bennington, anyone?

I searched and it looks like there are a few Bennington bag users here. Can anyone comment on their bags? Getting to the end of the season and I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new cart/pull bag and I have narrowed it down to the Bennington CB-WFO and the Bag Boy Revolver LE. The Bag Boy...
Back