Recent content by Lefty_JW

1. Lefty_JW

How does you significant other feel about golf...and the time you spend on it?

Just curious how your partner feels about golf. Does he/she play as well (and if so do you play together often)? Are they happy you've found something you really enjoy or do they resent the time you spent on it? My wife couldn't care less about golf but she is happy that I found something I...
  2. Lefty_JW

Playing in the wind - what's your tactic?

Playing in Ireland I'm more often than not faced with very windy conditions. I usually try one of two options, either a) hit low punchy shots under the wind and try to run everything onto the green, or b) hit a normal shot and play for the wind. Neither is really the perfect solutions for me as...
  3. Lefty_JW

Hello...again

Actually not new in the strictest sense as I joined back in 2010. But since I have been away for a while I definitely feel "new". Managed to get myself injured just as I was about to take 5 months of work and was looking forward to playing golf nearly full time. That all got derailed by, to a...
  4. Lefty_JW

Warm-up routines before playing

Just curious as to what people's warm-up routines are before hitting the links? I'm extremely dependent on spending at least 20min hitting balls on the range first. If I don't I will look like someone who has never held a golf club for the first 4-5 holes. The course I play at the moment does...
  5. Lefty_JW

Driver: R9 or FT-iZ

I'm looking into replacing my driver as I never got fitted for the one I have (just bought it on sale years ago and the shaft is too stiff). After trying different combinations of shafts and heads I've narrowed it down to either: Taylormade R9 10.5* with a Fujikura Motore 65 shaft or...
  6. Lefty_JW

Hello from Switzerland

Hello everyone, Checking in from Switzerland. Found this forum through my never-ending search for more golf-related anything (my girlfriend has used the word "obsessed" once or twice but since she bought me my first lessons I reckon she has only herself to blame). Started playing whilst living...
Back